Trevor Grove's Firefly Sculpts

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Trevor's Firefly Sculpts

Hey folks...I had a little downtime during the holiday....but I'm terrible at taking time off. (Trevor needs a life)

Here's Shepard Book. I had a blast attempting this one. Pure fun. I should have him ready by January. I really didn't expect him to even be started until the end of January, but...the spirit moved me.

_shepardbook.jpg

I hope you enjoy. Anzik and darthviper's work on the Nathan Fillion Mal base really inspired me too. You guys help keep this fun for me.

Trev

Wow that's really awesome---I need to get money again

It's your work that inspires us to do all the other stuff--I know you want to be humble, but doing these sculpts is ridiculously cool

Of course I'm in. Love the sculpt. Even hubby is getting excited and he doesn't like figures. Your sculpts rock.

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

Hey Trev, are you playing with new skin texturing techniques? I noticed that you Wash sculpt has more skin definition than Mal or Jayne did.

Thanks folks! I'll start contacting people sometime next week, I'd wager, providing my molds turn out well.

Shammy- Yeah, I have been doing a lot of skin texture experiments. Book lends to punching in pores, since he's a bit older than the others. I'm liking doing that, it's just very meticulous.

Thanks again!
Trev

Book looks great Trevor!

SSC looks to be offering an AA figure for the GI Joe line (Stalker) so thats one more option for those looking for base bodies for Book. Of course it might be 12 months until he is in hand. Ron Glass is a big guy, but not sure he really needs to be as big as the True Type Advance.

daaaamn... Book is looking amazing, just killer Ron Glass sculpt. The eyes and mouth have that wonderful bemused expression. Crazy awesome, my friend! :duff

Can't wait for the Tams.
I imagine River's long hair will be tricky to work out.

You're my hero Trev. :p

jaynecatiy7.jpg

You know I'm in, Trev! Looking forward to hearing from you when you start taking orders! Fabulous!!! :yess:

Trev, you know that I love your work. This Ron Glass sculpt is another home run. I've already PMed you for one and I'm going to have Josh apply the paints. The only negative side to this is that we are approaching the end of the line. Just two more to go. Well done my friend, WELL DONE!!!!

Old Grandpa

"Too much Hair."

"River it's ok, he's putting the hair away."

Heh, LOVE the Shepard
JERMS !!!

Entropy- that photo is great! :D

I agree that River will be the most challenging of the characters that are left. All of Serenity's women are the toughest ones, and capturing River's personality could be pretty hard, as well as the challenge of intricate hair. (The molding will be more of a challenge than the sculpting I'd wager.)

OldGrandpa- Thank you so much, man. I really can't believe there are only 2 characters left. It's been fun but I'm pretty surprised I've been able to stick with it. I wouldn't have been able to without everyone's support and enthusiasm. That stuff's contagious!:)

Anzik- Ha! You may be right, who knows. I think I have a way to get Ron a casting, at least, but I'll have to talk to my friend a bit more about it.

Thanks again for all the enthusiasm for Book! I look forward to getting him ready for casting.

Trev

Back