Trevor Grove's Firefly Sculpts

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Trevor's Firefly Sculpts

Just be patient with the True Type search. They will inevitably produce a new slim, then snatch it up at Viking Playground.

So after having just met the amazing and beautiful actress who played Kaylee, it got me wanting the sculpt to make her character from Stargate Atlantis. Is it still for sale and if so is it the same price as the others? I bet I should just PM Trevor?

I was working on a new Inara outfit tonight till I sliced my finger open. Maybe I'll get to it tomorrow.

I was working on a new Inara outfit tonight till I sliced my finger open. Maybe I'll get to it tomorrow.[/QUOT]

Sorry to hear about the finger, but I really want to see what you've got for Inara. She's going to be tough to dress if you don't sew, and I don't sew. My First two tries didn't turn out so well. Eager to see what the rest of you guys come up with. It's been a lull, waiting for the next sculpt from Trev and waiting for my doll seamstress to get back to me. Been working on my other love. Batman. Working on a Ra's Al Ghul, a Lucius Fox and a Riddler.

Old Grandpa

Here's the first round. Gonna revise it a lot. Shorten the skirt and redo the top.
002-5.jpg

that looks brilliant thus far Anzik! Trim that thin is a _____ to sew on.

Thanks guys but I am really unsatisfied with the top.
I think if I had some high heels for her the current length would be ok.

Anzik, I think the Hot Toys Chacha Asai comes with high heels that would look good with the colors you're using for your Inara. They are gold and red and look like something she'd wear. Very ornate. They're what I plan to use. I searched the Internet and couldn't find anything nearly as nice. Give them a look if you can.

Old Grandpa

I'm still not sure which dress I am gonna do do inara. I have some blue silk my brother got me in china but I'm not sure if I want to use it for inara or river. Its the same color as rivers dress in the bar scene and inaras at the end of serenity. I really like the style of dress your making anzik. Works well with the TT

This hobby has a lot of hurry up and wait. Waiting on clothing, waiting on accessories, waiting on sculpts, waiting on paint ups, waiting on photos, waiting, waiting, waiting.

Old Grandpa

I know and while I'm waiting i like other peoples updates to keep me excited. Guess we are all waiting. Hopefully when I get home today there will be a package so I can do something.

here is my crew with new lables!
IMG_0230.jpg

here is my crew with work in progress members...
IMG_0231.jpg

here is wash with a temporary jumpsuit, I have a better one coming.
IMG_0232.jpg

Today was a good day. I got my jumpsuit for Wash and now hes almost ready for a head. Got my boots for Jayne and he needs a paint then hes finished. Got my fabric for kaylees shirt (big thanks to anzik!!) now shes underway. hopefully I can deliver more constant updates and keep this thread alive!

I'm still working on Mal's pistol. I'm using a square strip of styrene and saning down the corners for an octagonal look.

Today was a good day. I got my jumpsuit for Wash and now hes almost ready for a head. Got my boots for Jayne and he needs a paint then hes finished. Got my fabric for kaylees shirt (big thanks to anzik!!) now shes underway. hopefully I can deliver more constant updates and keep this thread alive!

Truly awesome! Boy, have you come along way. I can remember your first posts, and now you've got one of the best Serenity/Firefly crews on the thread. They really are impressive, and you're good for the hobby. Thanks.

Old Grandpa

thanks OG! it was your bashes that really inspired me to keep on looking for the best.

today I decided to pop in an episode and I saw how completely wrong my vest for Wash was. I now have one on the way that is the exact same as Washes on the show but green. looks like I am gonna experiment with dying soon.

also today, I got my new pants for zoe. they are Jill valentines and I thought they would look good. just debating if I want them the color they are or green. Opinions?

Back