Trendy Flicks You Haven't Watched

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I forgot about the Hunger Games films - no interest for me either. :lol

I had never even heard of The Hunger Games until I saw the 1st movie at home. Enjoyed it and then learned it was this big "franchise". I like the films and will finish watching them as tbey come, but never read the books or even knew what it was before.

I saw Hunger Games on Netflix and was surprised at how decent it was. Obviously a bit sanitized during the survival section of the film, so that the main character didn't have to face any real major ethical choices that the audience would judge her for. But otherwise I thought it was well done. Twilight I caught on TBS(?) one night, and man. . .that was a terrible, terrible movie.

So proud to be missing out on some great, classic films? That's fine, your the only ones missing out. What's next? Classic literature I'm intentionally keeping myself ignorant of? Food's I refuse to taste?

Seem's kind of childish, actually.

100% Agree. Congratulations your loss.

Why have pride in being spiteful or contrary just for the sake of it? Is this a hipster thing?
So proud to be missing out on some great, classic films?
That's fine, your the only ones missing out.
Congratulations your loss.

boo-hoo-o.gif

Ahh.. Monty Python - never fails. :lol

Ooo! That reminds me! Monty Python's The Meaning of Life.

I have seen "and the Holy Grail" and love it. I have seen "Life of Brian." Meh. I have seen "Flying Circus" and it's hit or miss. I love the compilation of skits into the movie "And Now for Something Completely Different." Is "Meaning of Life" worth seeing?

I also have never seen ASM 2 or Hobbit 2 and don't plan on doing so. The first Spidey sucked and the first Hobbit was lackluster and didn't feel like it belonged in the same universe as the original LotR movies. Why continue to sit through that?

Ooo! That reminds me! Monty Python's The Meaning of Life.

I have seen "and the Holy Grail" and love it. I have seen "Life of Brian." Meh. I have seen "Flying Circus" and it's hit or miss. I love the compilation of skits into the movie "And Now for Something Completely Different." Is "Meaning of Life" worth seeing?

I also have never seen ASM 2 or Hobbit 2 and don't plan on doing so. The first Spidey sucked and the first Hobbit was lackluster and didn't feel like it belonged in the same universe as the original LotR movies. Why continue to sit through that?

If you were meh about Life of Brian, I can't say whether you'd enjoy Meaning of Life. It's got some great scenes, but LoB is the far better film imo.

Life of Brian is my fave overall. Holy Grail, to me isn't as good, although it has some classic scenes, best of all the very first one with Dennis the politically aware peasant. Meaning of Life.....come to think of it I don't think I've seen that in its entirety, or if I did it was just once.

Amazing Spider-Man
Amazing Spider-Man 2
Attack of the Clones
Divergent
Frozen
Hobbit movies (all)
Harry Potter movies (all)
Hunter Games (all)
Hangover (all)
Inception
Man Of Steel
Revenge Of the Sith
The Dark Knight Rises
Transformers (all)

Amazing Spider-Man
Amazing Spider-Man 2
Attack of the Clones
Divergent
Frozen
Hobbit movies (all)
Hunter Games (all)
Hangover (all)
Inception
Man Of Steel
Revenge Of the Sith
The Dark Knight Rises
Transformers (all)

It might have been quicker to list what you have seen. ;)

Amazing Spider-Man
Amazing Spider-Man 2
Attack of the Clones
Divergent
Frozen
Hobbit movies (all)
Hunter Games (all)
Hangover (all)
Inception
Man Of Steel
Revenge Of the Sith
The Dark Knight Rises
Transformers (all)

Well if you'd quit watching the Twilight Saga repeatedly, you'd have more time for some of these. I'll be the first to admit none are as good, but I think Avatar, ASM, AotC, and Transformers come pretty close in quality.

I had never even heard of The Hunger Games until I saw the 1st movie at home. Enjoyed it and then learned it was this big "franchise". I like the films and will finish watching them as tbey come, but never read the books or even knew what it was before.

Wise decision.
It is twilightized/blockbusterized "Battle Royal" and thus inferior in every way possible.

Yeah.. I'm sure the books are great - but like Kit said, I'm not familiar with any of it. The only thing that piqued my interest briefly, was when I read that Lenny Kravitz was in it - I'm a gargantuan fan of his music. Never seen him act though.. :lol

Back