TREEBEARD!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Treebeard is great!

The bust, the character. Yep. Just posting my two cents.

Oh... I thought it was the announcement of the latest PF or 12' figure, but that'll never happen

:rolleyes:

I have a Treebeard and I love it. I wish I had a higher place to put him, because he looks down and I have him displayed rather low. Makes it hard to see his face. Space, the final frontier. :ent

I also own this piece and is a perfect scupt of the good old (and slow talking) Ent.

dsc021814dr.jpg

I wish I had known about the TreeBeard when it came out. Only been on the SS bandwagon about 6-7 months. :eek: I know, I have a lot to catch up on. How much is he usually going for on the bay ?

I actually like the ToyBiz 14in "Talking Treebeard"! You get the whole Ent and not just the bust... :monkey3

The sculpt is dead-on and the paint-apps are near perfect. Cover up the joints with sculpy, repaint it, and it would make a perfect statue. (plus his eyes light up and he says different phrases from the films.

I never collected the busts, but this is one I've considered making an exception for.

I've got his value at $360, but recent sales have been closer to the MSRP of $300.

I hope the thread doesn't stir up too much bidding competition if I get serious. :lol

spaceman said:
I never collected the busts, but this is one I've considered making an exception for.

I am also not a bust collector, but since there is no other representation of Treebeard, this was my only option.

I was lucky enough to get one from a New Zealand retailer for list price earlier this year - and even luckier to have it signed by sculptor Brigitte Wuest later on. :D

Weta New Zealand still has them in stock for retail price of NZD 250 here - that's a mere US$ 156. They don't ship internationally, though. But if you have contacts to NZL, you could get him for cheap.

Got to through in my approval as well. Definitely an excellent bust. Of course I am slightly biased as he is one of my favorite characters. :D

goliath said:
I was lucky enough to get one from a New Zealand retailer for list price earlier this year - and even luckier to have it signed by sculptor Brigitte Wuest later on. :D

Weta New Zealand still has them in stock for retail price of NZD 250 here - that's a mere US$ 156. They don't ship internationally, though. But if you have contacts to NZL, you could get him for cheap.

Very cool. Congrats on the sig! And thanks for the tip, ... for myself, I have no contact there sadly. :cool:

Back