Transformers Grimlock Masterpiece Hasbro

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The scale is decent, but I wish they would be a bit more consistent. The larger scale just makes the figures feel more impressive and more like collectibles, IMO at least.

And yeah, Rodimus is going to be Grimlock sized.

That's one of 2 things that I dislike from Hasbro/Takara. I totally feel that if they were to make a high end, collectible series to keep everyone in scale!!!!!!! Just because the original cartoon series had some unexplained scale issues themselves, don't mean to do it with the higher end figures too. Imagine if they made a MP Astro Train that was to scale with MP Optimus:drool:drool:drool:drool:drool

Damn... so evidently this is sold out at Toys R Us :cuss For some reason I thought it was exclusive to Wal Mart (like Starscream was) now I have to try and find one of a decent price.

I paid a total of £90 including shipping for the Takara version a few months back and whilst I could have done with it being £30 or so cheaper I decided to buy it as I don't trust Hasbro to release it in the UK.

I don't go along with the thinking that a MP automatically has to have a complex transformation because the line is meant to be about "ultimate" representations of the G1 toys none of which were even close to being as complex as your average Bayformer.

If anything it shows how well the G1 mold was designed all those years ago as the transformation is so similar, good designs are IMO not always the ones that are most complex.

I also think the scale of the MP line is based on the G1 toys rather than the cartoon so again, it's accurate as G1 Grimlock was smaller than Prime.

Last edited:
Damn... so evidently this is sold out at Toys R Us :cuss For some reason I thought it was exclusive to Wal Mart (like Starscream was) now I have to try and find one of a decent price.
I have been watching eBay auctions on and off for the past couple of weeks, and this one is pretty reasonably priced there. You can get them for around $90 shipped. Consider they are $70 in the store, factor in $7 for tax or so, and you're basically just paying cost plus shipping at that point. Not too bad, IMO, even though I'm sure most selling on eBay bought their figures for $55 on TRU.com and are jacking up the price.

walked into TRU yesterday and saw one sitting on shelf, couldn't resist pulling the trigger. very cool figure, easy transformation and nice little details.

worth every penny imo...looks amazing, fun transformation, sturdy, durable, tons of play value.

worth every penny imo...looks amazing, fun transformation, sturdy, durable, tons of play value.
Got this guy today and agree 100%. Does the cartoon character and original toy justice. Looks FANTASTIC in both robot and dino modes. Transformation is very simple. In fact, very similar to the original figure. But to me, that doesn't take a single thing away from this magnificent toy (I think having the similar transformation to the old toy/cartoon version is pretty cool, actually).

The transformation of this MP is done pretty much the best way possible, i mean why have it any more difficult then it already is.

MP's Grimlocks transformation is pretty much the same as seen in the original cartoon. How could you best this MP's transformation?..you can't.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/L_oQ26qH78c?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/L_oQ26qH78c?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Agreed. One thing I thought was strange was the stat giving him an intelligence of 7, though. In fact, it seems like every TF I've picked up over the last couple years has had at least one stat like that that made me scratch my head. I guess Grimlock in the comic is supposed to be smart? It would take some seriously creative thinking to suggest that cartoon Grimlock's intelligence was 7/10.

I'm currently reading through some of the comics now, and Grimlock & the Dinobots have a different origin and are portrayed as far less "small brained" in the comics.

Masterpiece Grimlock's bio seems to be taken more from the comics.

Back