1/6 Toys Works - Spiritual Leader (Morpheus)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is awesome! You reached perfection for sure. Thanks for spending the additional time to get these perfect.

Another test. Still crude but getting closer...

596626576c3241bf35fa1ad86cbd726c.jpg
259fb0494ef692514b772a54716ade4d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I'm wondering if the mirror works better without the curved lens? I know its not accurate, but once the reflective material is curved you start to get those bright spots and curved distortions that make the glasses appear chrome instead of dark mirrored.

I'm wondering if the mirror works better without the curved lens? I know its not accurate, but once the reflective material is curved you start to get those bright spots and curved distortions that make the glasses appear chrome instead of dark mirrored.
You read my mind.... keep eye out in a few hours.

Aaaaaaaand here we go...

I took photos in contrasting backgrounds to show how different they look simply depending on lighting and surroundings. I think these are awesome.

788b480a914b2b3973e7a3f48665ddd9.jpg

Now those seem to give you the best of both worlds -- dark looking yet highly reflective. You could literally do red pill, blue pill with those lenses.

Is there a film on the mirror, to protect the lens?

Now those seem to give you the best of both worlds -- dark looking yet highly reflective. You could literally do red pill, blue pill with those lenses.

Is there a film on the mirror, to protect the lens?
It's definitely scratchable ... but I did tons of handling of these with no issues. Just don't take sharp objects to them

It's definitely scratchable ... but I did tons of handling of these with no issues. Just don't take sharp objects to them

No, I meant it actually looks like there's a protective film on there already -- like the kind you have to peel off the glass.

So what do you think is the best in-hand? These new mirror lens?

Aaaaaaaand here we go...

I took photos in contrasting backgrounds to show how different they look simply depending on lighting and surroundings. I think these are awesome.

788b480a914b2b3973e7a3f48665ddd9.jpg

No, I meant it actually looks like there's a protective film on there already -- like the kind you have to peel off the glass.

So what do you think is the best in-hand? These new mirror lens?

No there is no film on them.

And yeah I think the mirrored version win 100%. You said it perfectly... they show everything you want to see... they look dark, the look light, they reflect... however you like them these seem to work. And although the convex ones I was doing before are probably technically more accurate in terms of the shape, that curvature was indeed giving some funky reflections that are completely avoided by going flat and mirror reflective.

I think we have a winner here with the latest prototype.

Yeah I think so. Being the ever perfectionist I am going to try oooooooooone more minor alteration of the current techniques to try and get that much closer to perfection. I'll update this thread with the attempt if I deem it worthy, haha.

Yeah I think so. Being the ever perfectionist I am going to try oooooooooone more minor alteration of the current techniques to try and get that much closer to perfection. I'll update this thread with the attempt if I deem it worthy, haha.

Ok so my "minor alteration" was a better idea in theory than execution. I have a couple more things to try before 100% calling it final. And to be clear, I am not unhappy with the current iteration. So far new attempts have not been able to beat this current, mirrored look. I am just now taking THAT technique and trying to iterate on it a little bit to see if I can make it even better. So bear with me through, probably, this weekend, as I just checked and some of my new materials arrived today that I want to try out.

Love that you just keep at it, always perfecting. Bravo!
Thanks!

Ok I think we're getting close to perfection.

New material.... even MORE reflective, with a cleaner mirror effect. And I have yet one more material to try. It has a really fantastic mirror effect but it's a tad darker overall. It might be perfect. More tests in the coming days.

First pair is previous "best" pair. Second pair is the new material. It's a bit rough in appearance but you can immediately see how much better threw mirror reflection is. It's much cleaner.... less hazy.

That does look good. Always need to see it on the sculpt though. Once you get the last pair, definitely do a three-way with the various glasses on the sculpt.

Is that Harvey Dent's pistol? They look awesome.

That does look good. Always need to see it on the sculpt though. Once you get the last pair, definitely do a three-way with the various glasses on the sculpt.

Is that Harvey Dent's pistol? They look awesome.

Yeah I will definitely do that. These weren't ready for the head yet... No magnets have been attached yet so they won't stay on. They're also a bit on the rough side still. But once I have them all I will compare.

And no not Harvey Dent... That is Norman Stansfield's gun from Leon: The Professional.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back