1/6 Toys Era - The Ock

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've pre-ordered on KGHobby, looking forward to how this chap turns out!

Between this, the Iron Scavenger/Vulture, Mysterio (plus as soon as some rewards points mature on SS zombie/illusion Iron Man), I feel like I'm accumilating a bit of a Spidey collection!

Does anyone have some good recommendations for a Spidey figure?
There seem to be a LOT of them out there and I'm usually a 1 figure per character/collection type of man.

I have the 1/4 scale Homecoming Tom Holland on pre-order, but It would be out of scale with the others and I've just pre-ordered the Iron Scavenger/Vulture, so I don't necessarily need its base anymore. I still like how it looks but I was wondering If I was overlooking something awesome in 1/6 scale that might mesh better with the other figures.

Ss far where are you guys pre-ordering from? I only have experience with Sideshow and BBTS and I don?t see them carrying this figure.

I see TNS and OneSixthKit has it but I?ve never ordered from them. Any recommendations?
Im based in NY.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ss far where are you guys pre-ordering from? I only have experience with Sideshow and BBTS and I don?t see them carrying this figure.

I see TNS and OneSixthKit has it but I?ve never ordered from them. Any recommendations?
Im based in NY.

Thanks!

TNS and OnesixthKit are both very reliable. I order from TNS a lot, and they are always consistent and everything arrives well packed.

Im based in NY.

Thanks!

I have found both OSK and OSO (One Sixth Outfitters) to be very reliable. OSK is based in Hong Kong, whereas OSO (per their website) ships everything out of its New York warehouse. I've received multiple orders from OSK and they usually arrive quite fast, but then I'm in Michigan and all of mine have been shipped through Chicago, where they typically clear customs in 24 hours. Being in New York your experience may be different, especially if COVID is still causing upheaval when this is released (which is likely). So OSO may be your best bet as they get to worry about the international shipment, and once they actually have it in stock their shipment to you should be pretty straightforward.

I have found both OSK and OSO (One Sixth Outfitters) to be very reliable. OSK is based in Hong Kong, whereas OSO (per their website) ships everything out of its New York warehouse. I've received multiple orders from OSK and they usually arrive quite fast, but then I'm in Michigan and all of mine have been shipped through Chicago, where they typically clear customs in 24 hours. Being in New York your experience may be different, especially if COVID is still causing upheaval when this is released (which is likely). So OSO may be your best bet as they get to worry about the international shipment, and once they actually have it in stock their shipment to you should be pretty straightforward.

Thanks for the info!!!

I had originally thought I would pass on The Ock but after seeing The Fiend it looks like Toys Era may be starting a run of Spider Man movie villain's that I don't want to miss!

I had originally thought I would pass on The Ock but after seeing The Fiend it looks like Toys Era may be starting a run of Spider Man movie villain's that I don't want to miss!

My thoughts exactly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brilliant character study with heart, comedy, high stakes action where people make choices that have consequences, pay for their mistakes and learn from them, a fantastic and memorable score, glorious cinematography from a director with his own unique style and one of the most powerful speeches about heroism= boring movie- needs more fighting and boom booms.
This is why no one should ever do test screenings.

Pretty much the same, I hold spider-man 2 in high regard, one of the best if not the best comic book movie ever made. I don't think I would call the action high stakes though, it's a very personal story, and the action while big is actually very small in it's stakes outside of shutting down the machine at the end. Spider-Man 2's strength is in it's characters, it's themes of people chasing after a dream that they don't truly want or can accept, each character is so well thought out in this theme that yes, it can come off as boring but it's the theme that makes the film so mesmerizing to me. It's about a group of people that are all chasing something that they think they want but actually in the end what they want and what they need to do in their lives when faced with this actuality conflict with each other, it's brilliantly done. Peter wants a life without spider-man, Harry wants spider-man dead, MJ wants a life with peter, Ock wants the recognition he believes he deserves. BUT in the end Peter knows he can't not be spider-man, Harry must kill his best friend to kill spider-man, MJ needs to live a life of danger if she wants to be with Peter and Ock will kill hundreds if not thousands of lives in his pursuit of science and all these themes come to a head in the final scenes. Harry confronting Spider-Man, Peter accepting he has to be spider-man, MJ realizing Peter is Spider-Man and what comes with it, and Ock realizing how dangerous his science truly is. I can't talk that deeply about most other comic book films, but spider-man 2 is a special case and a special film. It's a slow burn of a super hero movie but it's in the slow burn where the brilliance of the film shines and the payoff of the slow burn is what makes it special.

Me and my two oldest kids (20 son and 23 daughter) have been watching the entire Spider Man movie catalog, one movie per night after dinner. We are up to Homecoming but I have really enjoy seeing them all again with the one exception of Spider Man 3. Didn't like it the first time I saw it and it still sucks today.

Pretty much the same, I hold spider-man 2 in high regard, one of the best if not the best comic book movie ever made. I don't think I would call the action high stakes though, it's a very personal story, and the action while big is actually very small in it's stakes outside of shutting down the machine at the end. Spider-Man 2's strength is in it's characters, it's themes of people chasing after a dream that they don't truly want or can accept, each character is so well thought out in this theme that yes, it can come off as boring but it's the theme that makes the film so mesmerizing to me. It's about a group of people that are all chasing something that they think they want but actually in the end what they want and what they need to do in their lives when faced with this actuality conflict with each other, it's brilliantly done. Peter wants a life without spider-man, Harry wants spider-man dead, MJ wants a life with peter, Ock wants the recognition he believes he deserves. BUT in the end Peter knows he can't not be spider-man, Harry must kill his best friend to kill spider-man, MJ needs to live a life of danger if she wants to be with Peter and Ock will kill hundreds if not thousands of lives in his pursuit of science and all these themes come to a head in the final scenes. Harry confronting Spider-Man, Peter accepting he has to be spider-man, MJ realizing Peter is Spider-Man and what comes with it, and Ock realizing how dangerous his science truly is. I can't talk that deeply about most other comic book films, but spider-man 2 is a special case and a special film. It's a slow burn of a super hero movie but it's in the slow burn where the brilliance of the film shines and the payoff of the slow burn is what makes it special.

:goodpost: :exactly:

I always find small scale, personal battles in movies so much more intense and impactful than say the Avengers battling a giant army to save the whole universe. I hate how they always feel the need to elevate the stakes to the point that it’s pretty much inconceivable and not relatable to anyone. Spider-Man getting wrecked by Goblin at the end of the first movie is a brief and simplistic scene but carries a ton of impact and puts the character in far greater jeopardy than you believe most superheroes are ever in even when facing endless numbers of cgi monsters. Small scale = more feels

Back