Tom Baker - cancelled PE prototype

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

babyjelly

Freakzoid
Reaction score
Here's a treat for you all!

This is the prototype for the Tom Baker 12" action figure that was eventually cancelled and became a 12" polystone statue. It's the actual one shown at Toyfair, complete with bizzarrely coloured clothes.

The idea was swappable heads, but here it has rubber hair peices and the hat is seperate. The sculpt is very like Tom, but suprisingly basic too.

IMG_3811.jpg

IMG_3812.jpg

IMG_3813.jpg

IMG_3817.jpg

IMG_3818.jpg

Yeah I saw this at SDCC awhile back along with a tardis they had, but the price they wanted was prohibitive. It looked great though. Inked Dalek made a cast of the statue that was based off this figure. I can see there were some changes to the mold on the statue.

Yes, I think there are some changes (I bought the statue). I recall it was quite pricey. The actual prototype was £900 which I think was a low price.

I remember being so bummed when this and the Cyberman were cancelled. Thank goodness Inkeddalek provided us with a cast of the grinning head.

Love it- project should never have been abandoned- makes no sense as the Market was and still is there!
Thanks for sharing pics!

Fantastic find!

How sad that with *this* figure in the pipe, they still felt they had to cancel.

At the con they were taking preorders it was either $300 to $600 or more for the Doctor and $1000 to $5000 I believe for the tardis. At the time most hot toys figures didn't go above $100 and the ED 209 was cheaper.

Having seen that proto I'm glad it was cancelled as the attire looks awful.

IMO the only 1:6 companies that would do the Classic Who license justice are HT, Enterbay or DiD.

Back