Action Figure ToD mine cart WIP 3-3/4"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hemble

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I just wanted to show you some WIP of a ToD mine cart scene I am doing, as you can see it is at the scene where Indy, Willie and shorty almost crash into the barricade.

I still have to do a little work on the tracks, walls and do some more weathering then I'll be starting on the figures and the cart. I hoping to have the completed dio done within the next 1&1/2 and once complete I will post pics with the usual recipe description.

Ron

looks great so far! look forward to seeing more photos of it in progress

Again great work ron! Couple of detail points; i'd like to see some rust on the tracks and some more details on the wooden parts of the tracks. Also variation in the rocks, some should be more sharp than others.

Best,

Robert

Again great work ron! Couple of detail points; i'd like to see some rust on the tracks and some more details on the wooden parts of the tracks. Also variation in the rocks, some should be more sharp than others.

Best,

Robert

Hey Robert, thanks for the the comments mate the rocks will have to do for this one but I will be making another one with two carts in the coming weeks so the rocks will be accurate.

The rust and weathering a have been done and I'll try and post pics today if I can get a sunny patch come out.

Ron

Re: ToD mine cart complete 3-3/4"

Cool, can't wait my man

Hey Robert here you go mate and I hope you and the other guys/gals enjoy

Ron

RECIPE

1: Figures & Mine Cart - Indy, Willie and Shorty are all from Hasbro's Temple of Doom series and have been repostioned and the joints superglued and then putty was used to fill in the joints. The Mine Cart as mentioned before was made by inky_skin and is cast in resin again he did an awesome job creating the cart.

2: Base - The bottom of the base is marine foam and the left and back sides are pieces of foamcore, once I got the base together I then used ripped up newspaper and crumpled it in my hand and then used PVA glue to attach the newspaper to the foamcore. I then used plaster bandage and covered the newspaper and sat that aside to dry.

Once the plaster bandage had dried I glued down the wooden track slabs which are pieces of balsa wood cut to size and the I made the barricade which is made from plasticard, balsa wood and small branches cut to size then cut in half. The support beam is a piece of branch cut to size and secured onto the base and once the barricade was complete I glued that to the base as well.

Once the barricade, support beam and wooden track slabs had dried I then mixed plaster of paris and a small amount of fine sand together and then applied that to the walls and floor. When this had dried I placed down the rail tracks which are pieces of I beam plasticard, the track fasteners/bolts are small 1/35 scale pieces I had in the parts box.

The debri at the end of the tunnel are pieces of I beam, plasticard, branches and wire. The cables under the tracks and on the wall are some old head phone cables I had and have been cut to size, the cable cable holder on the walls are pieces of thin wire cut and shaped and then drilled into place. The lantern on top of the barricade is from a cheap $1 flickering light and the bulb was removed and then thin strips of plasticard were used to make the frame.

The smoke coming from Indy's shoe was done by pulling part a cotton bud and taking what I needed and glue inplace between Indy'd shoe and the wheel.

Great dio my man! You should add the hanging lights from the movie. Will light the scene and create atmosphere. Loving it!

Best,

Robert

Hi All,

bbl & Keenan - Thanks heaps guys and bbl I was going to add lights to this but when I was building it I didn't add room at the back for the battery area.

I have two more carts that I will be doing another dio with and this will have lights and I want to try and add the carts to model railway tracks so that they will be able to move.

Ron

Back