To Wolf...or not to Wolf?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Knightdramon

Super Freak
Reaction score
While I've been waiting for my Wolf pre-order to fill, I was able to snatch a BD Pred 2 at a very very fair aftermarket price [though, still don't have him], find these boards and look at the Wolf thread.

I am guessing we will get a Wolf-complete or BD edition soon, unarguably with the plasma handgun, that cleaner kit, perhaps roaring mandibles and maybe articulated plasma cannons.

Should I keep my order for Wolf or just cancel it? I'm both extremely impressed and sort of ignorant about him. A Complete or BD version would warrant a purchase no doubt, but I'd hate to be stuck with an obsolete version two months down the road.

Thanks in advance, regards

While I've been waiting for my Wolf pre-order to fill, I was able to snatch a BD Pred 2 at a very very fair aftermarket price [though, still don't have him], find these boards and look at the Wolf thread.

I am guessing we will get a Wolf-complete or BD edition soon, unarguably with the plasma handgun, that cleaner kit, perhaps roaring mandibles and maybe articulated plasma cannons.

Should I keep my order for Wolf or just cancel it? I'm both extremely impressed and sort of ignorant about him. A Complete or BD version would warrant a purchase no doubt, but I'd hate to be stuck with an obsolete version two months down the road.

Thanks in advance, regards

I'd keep him, and if anything, just don't open him. These are fetching big $$$ already, so if you wanted to wait and see if they made a BD version, you'll always have this one to sell down the road.

Ya, while a BD is a good possibility, there's still no guarantee until images emerge, I'd keep it and if you're not in a rush to open it, just stash it away. I'd say if there's going to be a BD, it'll show up at San Diego Comic Con in July, so only a few months to find out.

I'm not patient enough to wait. I will enjoy displaying my Wolf now rather than waiting till the end of the year for a possible battle damaged version. As bagels said, get on and hold on to it...youll always be able to sell it for more later...that is if you buy it at retail rates.

Is there any such thing as an obsolete version of any of Hot Toys stuff these days? Guess it all depends on one's own tastes, budget and so forth, but if you check the prices the original version of Predator 2 is going for on ebay these days, if you can even find one, then I would say, by all means, keep your Wolf!!!

I may be insane, but I have 2 P2s, 2 P2 Elders, 1 P2BD (SSC EX), 1 Wolf, another Wolf on order, and if (when) a BD Wolf comes out, I'll probably get two of those as well. But that's just me... :google

Wolf you must! I'd buy him,open him,and display the hell out of it.You know your going to get at-least $200 for him when you sell him for the BD version.

Wolf you must! I'd buy him,open him,and display the hell out of it.You know your going to get at-least $200 for him when you sell him for the BD version.

Agreed,

Also there must be a battle damaged wolf coming out he gets badly beaten(battle damaged) in the film so its a must.

There is a battle damaged predalien in japan saw the pics somewhere

Agreed,

Also there must be a battle damaged wolf coming out he gets badly beaten(battle damaged) in the film so its a must.

There is a battle damaged predalien in japan saw the pics somewhere

I'd be interested to know exactly where in Japan that BD PredAlien was. First time I've even heard of it, and I check around pretty regularly. The first wave of AvP:R figures just arrived a few weeks in Japan, and the only figures I've seen around are the Alien and PredAlien (Wolf is history). The BD PA may be on the way, but I'm guessing the pics you saw must have originated in Hong Kong, not Japan. But do let us know if you find any more info!

I'd be interested to know exactly where in Japan that BD PredAlien was. First time I've even heard of it, and I check around pretty regularly. The first wave of AvP:R figures just arrived a few weeks in Japan, and the only figures I've seen around are the Alien and PredAlien (Wolf is history). The BD PA may be on the way, but I'm guessing the pics you saw must have originated in Hong Kong, not Japan. But do let us know if you find any more info!

this doesn't state when it's coming out though.
https://cgi.ebay.com/HOT-TOYS-AVP-R...ryZ90912QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Thanks for the update! Nuts, they always say "exclusive to Japan", but they end up being sold everywhere else but Japan! I **** you not. It's weird, but for some reason Japan seems to be the last place to get any of the "Japan exclusives" lately, at least if it's from Hot Toys. Just a guess, but I think it's just way to boost sales or something, 'cause it sure as hell ain't exclusive to Japan! :lol

* I don't think AvP:R is out on DVD here yet, but if that set with the figure goes on sale anywhere, I'll check it out. I'd like to have it, mainly for the BD PA figure, but depending on how much it cost$.

Mudshark, I remember reading somewhere that BD Predalien comes out in mid-May, or maybe it was late April, but either way just keep checking and be patient and let her come to you.

Dude, you should definately keep your Wolf, whether or not you open him is up to you, but if your certain that a BD Wolf is coming just keep Wolf sealed and sit on him until BD Wolf comes out and sell Wolf on eBay.

I think the official date is 5/2.

I think it was just a japan exclusive so far just 1000 made in the avp-r dvd boxset they have been on e-bay a couple of times im surprised youve not seen. Just confirmed my wolf arrives tomorrow wohoooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:google:google:google:google:google:google:google

Back