to pay or not to pay too much!that is my question:)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

halfbaked1969

Freaked Out
Reaction score
hi all,im after a guardian predator and the like the piece alot,i know people say to pay what you think its worth to you,but because of the massive differences in price im a little unsure what would be a realistic price to pay right now.i realise its down to me ultimately but what would you pay now if you were sourcing one to buy:)

I would'nt pay more than 150 pounds.
I know you won't get one for that but to me they arn't worth the money.
I only have the hot toys wolf from avp2 and it is a nice figure but for essentially flimsy plastic its not worth it to me.
Saying that I would love the predator 1 figure or elder from p2 but it aint gunna happen:(
Don't know how or what the other preds are made from but come on the prices are crazy.
If people keep paying these prices then they will just keep going up and up.

I paid $220 for mine and I don't think it was worth the price. Its a nice figure but its just not so impressive for what your paying, especially if you already have a pred. If you gotta have one, I would say don't pay anything over $300

I recommend save for the new Predators figures, Berserker, Falconer, Royce and you know they'll make Tracker. That will make a really nice display

Id like to get one but the prices are too high for me to even consider it right now.

From what i can see $380-$450 is the range for a standard purchase tehre are some that have gone higher but i can only assume thats either due to schill bidding or bidding wars.

If people keep paying these prices then they will just keep going up and up.

:exactly:But there will always be folks out there who just have to have a figure, at whatever cost, and the predatory sellers take advantage of that (why wouldn't they?).

For me it's a no-brainer - 300 bucks is too much to pay for any figure, unless the figure is the jewel that your collecting crown just cannot do without.

But doesn't it all come down to how much cash you've got laying about? If I was rolling in it I'd have a cabinet full of every Bruce Lee figure EB has put out, even if I had to fork out the hundreds and hundreds that these figures now go for.

im completely agree with how high they are being priced and the more i think carefully the more i agree that its probably best if i start my collection with the upcoming predators movie figure line up.i have the classic pred so i guess along with the berserker,falconer&tracker plus hopefully a 1/6 pred dog:yess: i would have a nice line up without paying loads,it feels so much better when you know you havent paid anymore than the next guy upon a figures release.i think i have my inner child more under control now:rotfl so when the new preds do turn up he should be happy and stop trying to get me :lolto buy the older ones,although wont stop me looking out the corner of my eye for them:exactly:pred prices are high but take a look at terminator prices!insane:horror

While agree the price on this guy is outragous, if you really want the Guardian Pred and can easily afford it, I say go for it. I personally wouldn't pay more than $150 for this particular Pred but there are a few figures out there I might be willing to pay $300 and up to $400 for.

The value of this figure is more a function of supply than demand. Seems like more than half the people who got one from Sideshow did so just to flip it. To me, that suggests that this isn't a figure that that many people want. Price is what it is because it is so rare and because Predator collectibles in general are reasonably popular, but at the end of the day it is a re-use of existing molds, with just a new mask, of a background character in a ____ty movie. It still looks cool. In fact, I wanted one initially because it would have made a neat "alternate universe" kind of version of my P1 Pred. But I wouldn't pay a penny over retail cost for it, and I can't think that it is "essential" except to hardcore Predator fans (of the franchise) or OCD types who feel compelled to own every HT Predator released.

I decided i wanted to collect only Pred1, Pred2, Predators and AVPR figures so its annoying that this figure is an exclusive and very pricey, the Gunmetal Grey Iron Man wasnt going for as much directly after SDCC and other Cons, its simply because this is a Predator figure that the price has been pushed so high.

Dont get me wrong if i had the cash i probably would buy it, but i dont have as much dispodable cash to spend on this 1 figure.

:exactly:But there will always be folks out there who just have to have a figure, at whatever cost, and the predatory sellers take advantage of that (why wouldn't they?).

For me it's a no-brainer - 300 bucks is too much to pay for any figure, unless the figure is the jewel that your collecting crown just cannot do without.

But doesn't it all come down to how much cash you've got laying about? If I was rolling in it I'd have a cabinet full of every Bruce Lee figure EB has put out, even if I had to fork out the hundreds and hundreds that these figures now go for.

Yeah it does comes down to how much you can afford.
I have a few nice pieces in my collection I have paid alot for (too much)

But depends whats important to you and how much you can afford.
I have got the side to me that sees the "precious things" and has to have it there and then ,but I have learned patience and have had some rather nasty bank charges for going over my limits which has made me see sense.
Buy within your limits, no piece is worth the stress of scrabbling around to find the cash and going without food or electric:)

The other side of me is disgusted, at how elitetist this hobby can be and how others make you feel you are not worthy if you hav'nt got this figure or that one.
Maybe it's just me dunno, but at the moment I can't even display what I have got due to lack of space and decorating and it pisses me off.

Back to the point though this figure does look good posed with the p2 elder and others but essentially it won't be on my shelves.
If you can live with paying over the odds for it,then buy it, but maybe your best bet is to be patient and ask around here and you may get a better deal;)

As far was what one would pay for say a figure like this I think it's really up to the collector I myself have payed close to 600 clams for one of my pred's I think it just really deponds on if u really want the figure bad enough or not.:yess:

hi all,i apologise for being unsociable on this thread i started:impatient:but have been away paintballing up country,now im back,black and bruised and ready to look for figures again:yess:massive kudos to all the replies as its nice to see different peoples take on pricing and an individuals opinion on what makes these crazy prices in the first place,i think its cool that the odd exclusive comes along that is worth more but as much as i can afford the piece i just havent got that"i have to have it"feeling about it enough to pay the high price.i guess that after all its not the piece i want to spend loads on but will grab if and when the price is right.on a better note i grabbed a predator 2 battle damaged for £260 which i thought/hope was a good price,seen another going for £400 so guessed it was a pretty realistic price,plus i wanted to collect the predator from each movie so im halfway there if you dont include the most recent movie,now for a cheap cleaner kit vers and whatever predator was in avp as im unsure exactly which one it is,i thought scar going by how the pred scarred itself and the female heroin but if im wrong can someone put me right:peace

£260 for a battle damaged pred 2 is a great price! I cant find one for less than £300 but im still trying.

I just got a Wolf pred 1st Version for £164 but still want a cleaner kit version ex so ive got a little chestburster.

Im not so fussed on the AvP preds, they all seem far to expensive and i suppose with good reason as they were some of the first preds released but i still dont think they are worth anything near what people pay for them even with the demand. Scar would be the one id go for or the Ancient Pred but then that ones even more expensive!!!

Good luck in your search and i hope you can get the ones you want at decent prices.

Last edited:
As a matter of principle I don't go over $200 for any HT figure. If it didn't interest me when it came out at the standard price why would it interest me 3 years later? The only thing I'm kicking myself in the head about missing out on are the batmobile and batpod but even then its no biggie. HT really has to step it up in all departments to get more than $200 out of me upon release.

So far I've been pretty lucky with "buy it now" items on ebay, but with the upcoming CR Superman I'm thinking I might have to use Sideshow for the first time. I've never used Sideshow's pre-order before. Any suggestions?

Back