To buy a Cinemaquette Aragorn or not to buy??

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have quite an interest in this particualr auction since the seller is using a number of my pictures to list it WITHOUT my permission and despite my complaints to ebay.

Let me clarify a few things about the piece you see on ebay.

It was purchased from forbiddenplanet.com for circa £365 about three months ago. It was damaged hence the reduced price. The seller is trying to flip it for around £200 profit. He originally had it on for closer to £700 but could not sell it.

The guy in question has a slightly tarnished reputation when it comes to selling Cinemaquettes on ebay. He sold a very good friend of mine from www.chocolatebydeath.com/forum a less than perfect T850 (again using pictures he took from another forum), which had cosmetic damage to the leather jacket and a broken pair of sunglasses - neither of which were described in the listing and obviously did not appear in the pictures he used. Now thankfully my friend did manage to work something out to fix the damage, but still - that's besides the point. What he thought he was buying, was not what he ended up getting.

Now I do like this piece a lot. In fact the picture Gruson posted above is of my edition (again posted over at the CM forum I linked above in the CM Aragorn thread). My review by the way can be found here:

https://chocolatebydeath.com/?page_id=875

It is a wonderful piece, and is priced well. However, all I can say is tread with extreme caution around this seller, and be sure to have something in writing up front from the guy in case the 'damage' (which he is BOUND to play down in the listing) is too much for you to live with in person.

:)

Last edited:
Thanks guys....again:lol

Yea, I passed, even before I read the posts above. I decided to get something else until something comes up that I would snap up in a heartbeat and not ask here.

It was close.

Re that post above, I've already inquired about the cinemaquette Superman and will get on the wait list at whatever the cost:monkey5

I am on the hunt now for the Indy statue, missed out on play.com selling it for £950.

Don't buy it. I saw it at Disney World in one of the shops (in Downtown Disney) and I thought it was awful. The head sculpt is way off, in my opinion. I've seen better heads on a beer.

Agent23;1923664 said:
I've seen better heads on a beer.

Ah Al go easy on the beer insults.:duff

Good call IMHO Axel there are so many more amazing pieces out there.Good luck in your search.:D

DSC_0266-1.jpg

Go for it.
Looks like Qui-Gon.

Just bought one from. eBay uk getting in a day or so hope it's better than most of the comments will give a frank impression on arrival

Just took delivery of the aragorn figure I don't what the people who say its not a good figure are looking at, to me it's very realistic. Now going to reconsider buying the jack sparrow after reading again it's no up to much. Is it that people are very partisan they are either sideshow or cinemaquette to me I don't care who makes it.

Back