To All the "Hasblo" haters ...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Generally the "Hasblo" haters discriminate against their 12" figures.

For the price, you aren't going to get better 3 3/4 figs.

But for what they did to the Marvel Legends line...yeah...they suck.

I don't collect Transformers, so maybe there is some point to your anger in their regards. But, repaints and re-releases have never overshadowed new figures. I wish I had time to go through every single figure in the last 6 years, but I don't really want to ... :lol However, functioning completely from memory, the trend has always been 1 wave of completely new figures, followed by 3 or 4 waves that have 1 or 2 repaints a piece. I don't count the Legends line or the Battle Packs because they are designed mostly to put these toys in the hands of children. Hasbro may have been guilty a few times of re-releasing an older figure instead of remaking it (Dark Trooper last year did piss me off), but overall they release enough new stuff during the year to keep me and most other fans happy.

well i guess in the Star Wars section its fairly good cause i never mind re-releases of Clones cause i was an army builder! and i never had a problem when i use to collect them. anyway i see the reason you were deviating from my point was that i didnt clarify that i was talking about Transformers! anyway :monkey5:monkey5:monkey5:D

Although I don't do 3 3/4" anymore, I have to admit that the Obi-Wan in clone armour is quite cool...

They have really done some great work with the 3 3/4" figures... and as long as you aren't a completist there are some great figures to pick and choose from. I do wish they'd revisit (ie make new figures) the animated style of clone wars figures... those were great!

Hasbro's recent 3 3/4" figures, starting with ROTS, have been phenomenal.

Even some pre-ROTS figures were great, the Dagobah Luke, Yoda and Spirit Obi-Wan are still 3 of their bests in my book. The design of Yoda splitting in 2 to allow a more realistic Yoda in backpack was great and the Old Ben is their best ever.

Even some pre-ROTS figures were great, the Dagobah Luke, Yoda and Spirit Obi-Wan are still 3 of their bests in my book. The design of Yoda splitting in 2 to allow a more realistic Yoda in backpack was great and the Old Ben is their best ever.

Funny that you mention those three...I have them sitting here on my desk. They still are some of my favorites.

Even better, they seem to be learning. I found 2 of the 2008 Series 1 - Anakin and Obi from Mustafar. They looked like previous release bodies with new head sculpts. But, the paint jobs were so good, I couldn't resist. Come to find out, their legs have ball-joints at the hips. That quadruples the saber fighting possibilities over the old cut hips. I so hope this will become a permanent feature in new figures - at least with action based characters.

Even better, they seem to be learning. I found 2 of the 2008 Series 1 - Anakin and Obi from Mustafar. They looked like previous release bodies with new head sculpts. But, the paint jobs were so good, I couldn't resist. Come to find out, their legs have ball-joints at the hips. That quadruples the saber fighting possibilities over the old cut hips. I so hope this will become a permanent feature in new figures - at least with action based characters.

The new Commander Gree also has ball jointed hips as well as his wrists.

And why do you have to buy over 300 figures? Buy the ones you like, skip the rest. That's quality over quantity in and of itself. If you are saying that you can't resist items because they are all great, then you have contradicted yourself.

And out of curiosity, how many figures have you purchased. How many vehicles/playsets do you own. All that adds up.

And out of curiosity, how many figures have you purchased. How many vehicles/playsets do you own. All that adds up.

Out of curiosity, what do my buying habits have to do with your argument about quality? Your original assertion was "The stuff just costs to much for the quality. Yeah, its only 7 dollars per figure. But when you buy over 300 + figures and vehicles, it ads up." My purchasing habits should not affect your opinion. However, I will be happy to illustrate a point using last year as an example. I did not buy any vehicles or playsets because they didn't release any new ones that interested me. I bought 52 of the 60 regular release figures along with 10 of the comic 2 packs. That puts my spending total at around 450 dollars for the year. Every figure I bought was a quality product. I do not "army build". Every figure above fits nicely on a single shelf in my collection. That 450 dollar spending wouldn't buy me 2 Star Wars Premium Format statues at suggested retail. It would buy me around 6 SSC 12" figures. It wouldn't buy me but 3 to 4 Medicom or Hot Toys figures (depending on which figure we are talking about). I spent around 4,000 dollars on collectibles last year, so my expenditure on Hasbro Star Wars wasn't even 1/9th of my collectibles budget, yet I was able to purchase nearly all of their new releases last year with but a simple trip to the toy aisle at Wal-Mart when I grocery shop. Heck, I have spent almost that much in the last 2 weeks on 3 Sideshow/ Hot Toys/ Medicom items ( 90 dollar Medicom Jango Fett from Teemu, 132 for the Palpatine 2 Pack, 142 for the Hot Toys BD Predator 2). As an aside, I have spent 32 dollars on new Hasbro Star Wars during that time (2 regular figures and 2 comic packs). I would argue that SSC, etc. figures and statues "add up" much worse than Hasbro 3-3/4 figures.

These look great. I've only been buying the McQuarrie and certain EU stuff.

Out of curiosity, what do my buying habits have to do with your argument about quality? Your original assertion was "The stuff just costs to much for the quality. Yeah, its only 7 dollars per figure. But when you buy over 300 + figures and vehicles, it ads up." My purchasing habits should not affect your opinion. However, I will be happy to illustrate a point using last year as an example. I did not buy any vehicles or playsets because they didn't release any new ones that interested me. I bought 52 of the 60 regular release figures along with 10 of the comic 2 packs. That puts my spending total at around 450 dollars for the year. Every figure I bought was a quality product. I do not "army build". Every figure above fits nicely on a single shelf in my collection. That 450 dollar spending wouldn't buy me 2 Star Wars Premium Format statues at suggested retail. It would buy me around 6 SSC 12" figures. It wouldn't buy me but 3 to 4 Medicom or Hot Toys figures (depending on which figure we are talking about). I spent around 4,000 dollars on collectibles last year, so my expenditure on Hasbro Star Wars wasn't even 1/9th of my collectibles budget, yet I was able to purchase nearly all of their new releases last year with but a simple trip to the toy aisle at Wal-Mart when I grocery shop. Heck, I have spent almost that much in the last 2 weeks on 3 Sideshow/ Hot Toys/ Medicom items ( 90 dollar Medicom Jango Fett from Teemu, 132 for the Palpatine 2 Pack, 142 for the Hot Toys BD Predator 2). As an aside, I have spent 32 dollars on new Hasbro Star Wars during that time (2 regular figures and 2 comic packs). I would argue that SSC, etc. figures and statues "add up" much worse than Hasbro 3-3/4 figures.

Wow, I really didn't mean anything by that. Just responding to what you said to me. Enjoy the figures, and sorry for any inferences.

Back