TMNT (teenage mutant ninja turtles)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Someone did ask NECA's twitter account about addressing the bad eyes, and he pointed people to [email protected]. I went ahead and emailed them about all four of my Turtles having crooked eyes, and got this response:

I do apologize. We aware of the ongoing issues with your TMNT set, we are currently compiling the information and are working on a solution. Please allow us some time and we will get back to you shortly with a resolution.

That was last Friday, so we'll see if they actually get back to me.

Maybe the painters thought the eyes had to be asymmetrical to match their mouths? :dunno

All of mine have perfect paint apps. The only trouble I'm having is rotating Shredder's legs, rotating one of the foot soldiers' legs, and bending one of Raph's knee joints. I'm pretty sure all those joints are just too stiff to loosen as I did all the other tight joints. Should I soak these guys in warm water? What methods do my fellow freaks recommend?

A hair dryer worked for me.

NECA finally replied--they want me to ship the damaged box back, apparently at my own expense, before they send a replacement. Kind of weak.

NECA finally replied--they want me to ship the damaged box back, apparently at my own expense, before they send a replacement. Kind of weak.
You could send them this..lol - couldn't hurt.

[Your address and contact number]
[Company/supplier's address]
[Date]

Dear Sir/Madam,
Reference: [order number]
On [date], I placed an order for a [item] and it was delivered by you on [date].
I have discovered that the [item] has the following problem: [give details].
The Consumer Rights Act 2015 makes it an implied term of the contract that goods be as described, of satisfactory quality and fit for purpose.
Any returns policy that says I have to cover the cost of returning items must only relate to the situation where I change my mind about the item ordered and not where there is a problem with the item.
I should not lose out financially as a result of your breach of contract and accordingly all costs of returning the item should be met by you.
I also require you to confirm whether you will arrange for [the item] to be collected or will reimburse me for the cost of returning it.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Yours faithfully,
[Your name]

Got 2 sets just because I wanted four foot soldiers. I can make a good set out of the 2 sets. Miley is good out of both sets. I have two awful eyes for a Raph and Donatello. The defect leo has fine eyes but has the squished head. He also has a neck that extends to far to the right. I want to get the 3 bad turtles replaced. But I'm almost worried to say anything because of how hard it is to get your hands on this stuff in the first place, i don't want to end up black balling myself from future merch.

Got 2 sets just because I wanted four foot soldiers. I can make a good set out of the 2 sets. Miley is good out of both sets. I have two awful eyes for a Raph and Donatello. The defect leo has fine eyes but has the squished head. He also has a neck that extends to far to the right. I want to get the 3 bad turtles replaced. But I'm almost worried to say anything because of how hard it is to get your hands on this stuff in the first place, i don't want to end up black balling myself from future merch.
Indeed, that's how I feel about my squished head Leo & maybe a couple other ones. Not to mention getting blackballed, I don't see NECA saying anything other than 'that's just how it goes/no figure's perfect.'

could someone ask Neca for me on Twitter if they plan on making a Don Turtelli figure? thanks

yo guys i'm seeing new waves of enemies on the 16bit versions & movie turtles, too bad it's all gonna be exclusives.

Indeed, that's how I feel about my squished head Leo & maybe a couple other ones. Not to mention getting blackballed, I don't see NECA saying anything other than 'that's just how it goes/no figure's perfect.'

Yeah it sucks pretty hard. Glad my foot soldiers are okay. I may try to do some kind of custom on the reject turtles. That or give them to my son when he gets a little older. I just hope the saving grace is more availability for these kinds of hints in the future. If I missed out and had to jump the hoops to get a set then I would be disappointed.

:thud: In turtle-related news: TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES TMNT-ACTION FIGURE ENCYCLOPEDIA. I've never backed a Kickstarter so quickly. This thing looks AWESOME.

I have concerns largely due to the amount of spelling errors and typos in the write-up about it on Kickstarter. Hopefully he has a really good editor but come on...if you are trying to get backers on a Kickstarter for your book then at least run spellcheck.

I have concerns largely due to the amount of spelling errors and typos in the write-up about it on Kickstarter. Hopefully he has a really good editor but come on...if you are trying to get backers on a Kickstarter for your book then at least run spellcheck.

You know, I had the same thought. "Techno Drone?" I almost want to contact him to see if I could pledge a little more to proofread... :wink1:

no, "drome" is a real word, seemingly they're just being careless. which, deservedly so, would give someone pause as to what kind of attention would be paid to the details in final product. i hate when a great idea is victim of poor execution. seems us turtle fans have seen a lot of that lately. woof.

My sdcc set has been delivered in the UK today, dreading getting home and opening it to be honest!

Wonder what I'll get from the Neca lottery -

Derpy eyes
Deformed face
Bad paint
Same side shoulder joints
Same side feet
Missing back of bandana

The excitement is killing me

Back