TMNT (teenage mutant ninja turtles)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So for the ones of you with wonky painted eyes, what are you doing to fix it? Holding paint feels like a toddler holding a gun. I'm saying I'm intimidated on what to do about it. Pointers?
I generally use a spotter (small tipped paint brush). But just take a wet paper towel and use that to make the tip of your paintbrush a little wet, then dip it into the white paint (or add a little water to the acrylic paint). The slightly deluted paint will spred over the whole eye ball (when you add the paint to the center of the eye and spred it a bit). Then you could take something like a toothpick, put a big glob of black paint on the tip to create the pupils. It's definitely a trial and error situation. But remember, acrylic paint wipes right off with a damp paper towel. If it ends up drying and you need to remove the paint, just use some rubbing alcohol and it won't effect the original factory paint.

Mine arrived today, smashed to hell.
54ef02ed1a45e5c3ea9007a58bbcb718.jpg

They accidentally shipped me another one and I received it yesterday. Didn't have a chance to email them last night, but they already caught the mistake and just contacted me. Pretty quick.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

That's interesting, but I am not surprised considering all the printing and reprinting of new labels. Do you have to send it back or did they let you keep it? Didn't think companies were allowed to ask for stuff back when it was their fault.

That's interesting, but I am not surprised considering all the printing and reprinting of new labels. Do you have to send it back or did they let you keep it? Didn't think companies were allowed to ask for stuff back when it was their fault.

I wouldn't send jack back.

I wouldn't even talk to them about it lol. I'm a scumbag though.

I generally use a spotter (small tipped paint brush). But just take a wet paper towel and use that to make the tip of your paintbrush a little wet, then dip it into the white paint (or add a little water to the acrylic paint). The slightly deluted paint will spred over the whole eye ball (when you add the paint to the center of the eye and spred it a bit). Then you could take something like a toothpick, put a big glob of black paint on the tip to create the pupils. It's definitely a trial and error situation. But remember, acrylic paint wipes right off with a damp paper towel. If it ends up drying and you need to remove the paint, just use some rubbing alcohol and it won't effect the original factory paint.

Thanks for the tips! I'm sure I will put them to good use.

:gah:

I wasn't going to jump on the Toon Turtles. And I'm still not. But it's painful... Those Rock Soldiers are BRILLIANT.

:gah:

I wasn't going to jump on the Toon Turtles. And I'm still not. But it's painful... Those Rock Soldiers are BRILLIANT.

They look pixelated, so they'll be part of the video game line. Probably repainted later as toon characters. I'm down--and just really happy to see some new characters.

They look pixelated, so they'll be part of the video game line. Probably repainted later as toon characters. I'm down--and just really happy to see some new characters.

Hope so! I want these! and after getting the awesome Toon turtles set...I want MORE! Hopefully Rock Steady,Be-bop,Casey Jones,Splinter are also in the works.

NECA could be doing what most every TMNT fan has wanted, Classic Toon TMNT character figures that playmates don't know how to make and never will make.

Actually extremely dissapointed right now!

Got my UPS tracking number in an e-mail from NECA on July the 12th, saying that all items from the order had been shipped.

On July the 18th I got another e-mail from NECA, now with a FedEx tracking number. The original tracking information suddenly got voided.

Today, on July the 20th I get yet another e-mail, now saying that 'due to an inventory issue' my order will ship when they have extra stock available!!! And I'll get a new tracking number when they are ready. They say sometime next week. What the Hell NECA?!!!

Never experienced something like this before.

Same issue with me. NECA's "customer service" has been a joke. After receiving my second email stating they were shipped Tuesday via FedEx and they'd arrive Thursday, I found out today that they have not been shipped. A lady from NECA told me yesterday they were shipped on the 18th and when I called today this guy wouldn't help me out and just told me to email NECA. I told them I have tried that and received no replies. So for us that received a FedEx 2-day shipping email Tuesday.....it probably won't be shipped until the end of next week. And we'll have them in hand (if we're lucky) the week of the 31st.

I'm guessing they took a lot of our (those that pre-ordered the set) sets, and saved them for Comic Con, to sell off at their booth.. and then postponed the shipping, because they didn't get the stock they needed for the con.
That's just disgusting.. bad business.. especially when they originally stated that our orders had been shipped.

Here's the email they sent me:

"Hello,
It has been identified that your SDCC order has been double shipped, can you please return back the most recent order you received back. We already had a "Call Tag" setup for UPS to go to the ship to address in our records to retrieve your duplicate order. The first pick up attempt will be made tomorrow, if you will not be available, please give us a call if you will not be available.
Thank You,
NECA Customer Service"

I replied saying I have a job and asked if I could leave it outside or if they provide me with a UPS shipping label I'll drop it off. I also suggested adding their phone number to an email when they make a suggestion to call. Since they didn't respond I left it outside this morning. I just received a response saying not to leave it outside. We'll see if it's still in front of my house. I don't mind helping with the mistake, but I don't think I want to work with their customer service for a quality control issue. I didn't make the mistake here so I'm not going to drop everything to fix it or dig for their phone number to tell them I won't be home.

I'd ignore them and keep it. It's not your fault.

Most companies wouldn't make an ass out of themselves and resort to this. It's not your responsibility, so I'd just ignore their emails. Don't let them make a chump out of you.

Keep it.

On another note, wouldn't it be messed up if the one that was sent out to you is the reason one of the guys above didn't receive theirs lol.

(FTC) is clear on this issue.

If you receive merchandise that you didn’t order, you have a legal right to keep it as a free gift… You have no legal obligation to notify the seller.

I'll still keep it lol.

giphy.gif

Here's the email they sent me:

"Hello,
It has been identified that your SDCC order has been double shipped, can you please return back the most recent order you received back. We already had a "Call Tag" setup for UPS to go to the ship to address in our records to retrieve your duplicate order. The first pick up attempt will be made tomorrow, if you will not be available, please give us a call if you will not be available.
Thank You,
NECA Customer Service"

I replied saying I have a job and asked if I could leave it outside or if they provide me with a UPS shipping label I'll drop it off. I also suggested adding their phone number to an email when they make a suggestion to call. Since they didn't respond I left it outside this morning. I just received a response saying not to leave it outside. We'll see if it's still in front of my house. I don't mind helping with the mistake, but I don't think I want to work with their customer service for a quality control issue. I didn't make the mistake here so I'm not going to drop everything to fix it or dig for their phone number to tell them I won't be home.

You shouldn't have to. :lecture It's admirable that you're trying to help them out though and fix the error.

Back