TMNT (teenage mutant ninja turtles)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my set in from UPS today. Overall I think they are quite cool, especially since I never had the chance to get the NECA video game or comic turtles. The paint apps are surprisingly clean which is quite nice. My one complaint has to do with the joints. The hip joint is very loose on all the turtles, but I'm hopeful they will still be able to stand for long periods without flopping over. You can hold them by the legs and flop them around pretty easily. So we'll see. I just watched Pixel Dan's review and he mentions having the exact same issue. On the other end of the spectrum, pretty much all the other arm and leg joints have that notorious NECA stiffness, so I'm going to have to spend a lot of time carefully loosening them up one by one so something doesn't snap.

Got my set in from UPS today. Overall I think they are quite cool, especially since I never had the chance to get the NECA video game or comic turtles. The paint apps are surprisingly clean which is quite nice. My one complaint has to do with the joints. The hip joint is very loose on all the turtles, but I'm hopeful they will still be able to stand for long periods without flopping over. You can hold them by the legs and flop them around pretty easily. So we'll see. I just watched Pixel Dan's review and he mentions having the exact same issue. On the other end of the spectrum, pretty much all the other arm and leg joints have that notorious NECA stiffness, so I'm going to have to spend a lot of time carefully loosening them up one by one so something doesn't snap.

I have the same issues with mine. Also, the eyes are crazy on mine. I'm going to have to repaint all of them. Having said that, I don't regret getting them one bit.

hmmm, reading later posts and comparing them to what i actually saw in first video reviews, i don't regret cancelling (not for nothing, for other Neca turtles).

I have the same issues with mine. Also, the eyes are crazy on mine. I'm going to have to repaint all of them. Having said that, I don't regret getting them one bit.

It's too bad to hear about these problems, sorry you guys have them. Hopefully most of them don't have issues. Due to the limited nature of the figures I do not see an exchange being possible. Since I am in a Canada and had to use a 3rd party shipping company, it would be a really big pain to return them as well.

I mean, why send out shipping notices if you aren't planning to actually ship it until the next week?

It's automated. It is the same thing when printing a label through Paypal. The customer gets emailed when the label prints, not when it has a pickup/drop off scan. Pretty normal. They had what, like 3 or 4 thousand of these to ship? Kind of surprised it has happened as quick as it has.

So the neca ones are boutthe same size as figuarts, yes?

Looks that way. Near the end of Pixel Dan's review he has some comparisons with the Figuarts and vintage toys.

Well my UPS tracking info doesn't matter. NECA just sent an email saying my turtles NOW have a FEDEX tracking number. Should be here Thursday assuming it ships out today, but I'm not holding my breath.

My wife confirmed that my Turtles arrived today! Can't wait to get home!... Uh... To see my wife. Yes. I can't wait to get home to my wife.[emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yep, much better.
i'd even leave them completely white for a couple of weeks if i did the same.

Just opened my SDCC EX Animated Series set. They are awesome!!! It's like a childhood dream come true! And all of the paint apps look great! No noticeable flaws.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know this is the longest of long shots, but if anyone would take pity on me and pick me up a SDCC NECA animated set, Id love them forever, and pay them for their trouble!

Got my SDCC Set today.

Neca's quality control strikes. The eyes are painted pretty badly. Mikey's are looking different directions lol. A reviewer on You Tube and a bunch of guys on Sideshow Freaks also had this problem.

Raph's legs are VERY loose and flop around with the slightest touch. Like that old Toybiz Professor Xavier from the first x-Men film. Then others joints are so stiff it feels like they're going to break lol.

Haven't opened Shredder and the Foot Clan yet but here's hoping.

I guess I'm buying to many Figuarts and Hot Toys lately because I forgot how often this happens with my Neca stuff when ordering online. Either having to repaint or send back because of joints being damaged. I really just wish Neca would do better quality control because these do look good but those problems ruined my excitement.

I'll take some pics later and hopefully start liking these more because they look good. Just bummed about the Raph and Mikey's eyes being so bad.

Untitled by allen lamb, on Flickr

So for the ones of you with wonky painted eyes, what are you doing to fix it? Holding paint feels like a toddler holding a gun. I'm saying I'm intimidated on what to do about it. Pointers?

They accidentally shipped me another one and I received it yesterday. Didn't have a chance to email them last night, but they already caught the mistake and just contacted me. Pretty quick.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Well my UPS tracking info doesn't matter. NECA just sent an email saying my turtles NOW have a FEDEX tracking number. Should be here Thursday assuming it ships out today, but I'm not holding my breath.
Same issue with me. NECA's "customer service" has been a joke. After receiving my second email stating they were shipped Tuesday via FedEx and they'd arrive Thursday, I found out today that they have not been shipped. A lady from NECA told me yesterday they were shipped on the 18th and when I called today this guy wouldn't help me out and just told me to email NECA. I told them I have tried that and received no replies. So for us that received a FedEx 2-day shipping email Tuesday.....it probably won't be shipped until the end of next week. And we'll have them in hand (if we're lucky) the week of the 31st.

Back