TMNT (teenage mutant ninja turtles)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hope someone can help me out with this, i have been watching a couple of china neca turtle auctions online, has anyone purchased these, how is the quality, do you think they are worth picking up, thanks for any info

They are actually really decent boots. But they are also ugly as the paints are sloppy. Ab crunch is usually missing, arched feet, blue shell, etc. I don't recommend then as you can get he regular versions right now for pretty cheap as people are dumping their sets on eBay for the new arcade versions. Originals are asking. My favorite toys

They are actually really decent boots. But they are also ugly as the paints are sloppy. Ab crunch is usually missing, arched feet, blue shell, etc. I don't recommend then as you can get he regular versions right now for pretty cheap as people are dumping their sets on eBay for the new arcade versions. Originals are asking. My favorite toys

Maybe I can't internet but I don't see any OG Neca turtles for anything close to cheap. :(

Maybe I can't internet but I don't see any OG Neca turtles for anything close to cheap. :(

Was just about to say the same thing. I have the bootlegs, and they're great for bootlegs, but I would love to have a carded set of the official releases. I just checked eBay and they're still selling for around $100-$150 per figure from what I saw

You can get them lose for $20-60 each. Carded, I saw a set of 4 (unopened) eBay auction at $186......total.

You guys will just have to be persistent and vigilant. There are some great prices on these lately.

i just picked up a set of 4 of the boots for $46 of the bay... you can't beat the price. even if you could track down the originals for $30 each loose... the difference of $120 vs. $46 just isn't worth it in my opinion. check youtube for some vids showing the boots vs. the original... some great up close videos from one guy with the set that shows how little the difference is! but if you are after the originals... then hunt on!

oh and check out some of the custom weapons some guy made for the set... these things are a little pricey but dam do they look cool!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/TMNT-Custo...967674?hash=item3ac928587a:g:XQ4AAOSw7NNT8rbm

Then I may need to hunt down a bootleg set on ebay then. Thanks.

yeah... like i mentioned i just picked up a set for $46.

and trust me when i say its not difficult to do it. actually it's a lot of fun to do some painting when you know you can't mess up. the result you can get from taking something that is plain jane and turn it into something that looks 100 times better really gives you a warm and fuzzy! lol

to do those necas (assuming you don't have an air brush) simply get a can of krylon white enamel... i think supermax is the new fusion brand which works well with plastics as it has adhesion promoter already added in. also get one of the panel line markers and a $1 bottle of black acrylic from michaels. just wipe the figures down real good w/ rubbing alcohol and wear gloves. then just paint them with a ton of light coats of white. take your time and let it dry, moving the arms/legs around after dry to get all the parts covered. if you can pop off the head its a bonus. just give it a good covering of paint, but do it in small coats so no running. let it fully cure for several days. now you've got a good solid base and you can build up the detail and panel lining. start with a paint brush and use the acrylic black. this will allow you to do the washes to get the details like holes and nicks in his shell, darkened areas on the mask, inside of the shell etc. you just add a little water to some black acrylic and dab the areas... let it dry... then swipe the surface clean w/ a dampened cotton swab and the paint is left down in the details. easy way to do detail work. do that to areas that need it, then finish the panel lines and detail lines w/ your pen. hit it w/ a coat of clear if you really feel the need (not necessary if you aren't subjecting them to crazy handling) and boom... all done!

the nice thing w/ the enamel base is the acrylic will wipe clean off of it w/ water if you make mistakes. seems crazy when you do it and looks like a disaster!! i've been detailing out my battle shells to give them a more artistic look. you should see how crappy they look until you remove the paint! literally the entire front of his shell was black... until i used the swab to clean it all off and leave all the details behind. hope all that helps!

Out of all the toy lines even Lego, Mega Bloks overdid themselves, these are the most perfect classic line toys in the history of the turtles and the possibilities are endless, with their current classic waves and the upcoming Technodrone and future sets I don't know how it could get better than this:

40520e08647a6c7e244a77f8dbc039a3.jpg

201a4ebcf323ba525d71cfa2a80138ca.jpg

b30676ecb975cfd0fb7c27559ea060fa.jpg

439533621040df7298e4962535e1505d.jpg

30be040b460dacdacb9b445860410da3.jpg

83b48b9b6bb98830955148ca1d403f7d.jpg

8c204ec549e8a771e9a01a9921c330ee.jpg
1129cc55dfb742c094efaa1b3ab8e84c.jpg

4c17877f330cb23f9e2230007b9ce6cf.jpg
f35a64c836824279244b870969e72c58.jpg
7eeb17264dfccb9471c4b119d81bf744.jpg
c14d446290e85338dd64a9a2862748a0.jpg
dfeed4c5c60470a9523739ad02a009f8.jpg

Sent from Le iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk - now Free

MegaBloks are going definitely in the right direction. Very cool fig choices and sets. I personally can't mess with that brand though. The quality isn't to my standard and the some of the guys who work for Mega are awful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey guys! Some more pics of my Arcade Turtles in my office. The Nickelodeon Mousers work really well scale wise for this line too!

IMG_9983.jpg
IMG_9985.jpg
IMG_9919.jpg

yeah... like i mentioned i just picked up a set for $46.

and trust me when i say its not difficult to do it. actually it's a lot of fun to do some painting when you know you can't mess up. the result you can get from taking something that is plain jane and turn it into something that looks 100 times better really gives you a warm and fuzzy! lol

to do those necas (assuming you don't have an air brush) simply get a can of krylon white enamel... i think supermax is the new fusion brand which works well with plastics as it has adhesion promoter already added in. also get one of the panel line markers and a $1 bottle of black acrylic from michaels. just wipe the figures down real good w/ rubbing alcohol and wear gloves. then just paint them with a ton of light coats of white. take your time and let it dry, moving the arms/legs around after dry to get all the parts covered. if you can pop off the head its a bonus. just give it a good covering of paint, but do it in small coats so no running. let it fully cure for several days. now you've got a good solid base and you can build up the detail and panel lining. start with a paint brush and use the acrylic black. this will allow you to do the washes to get the details like holes and nicks in his shell, darkened areas on the mask, inside of the shell etc. you just add a little water to some black acrylic and dab the areas... let it dry... then swipe the surface clean w/ a dampened cotton swab and the paint is left down in the details. easy way to do detail work. do that to areas that need it, then finish the panel lines and detail lines w/ your pen. hit it w/ a coat of clear if you really feel the need (not necessary if you aren't subjecting them to crazy handling) and boom... all done!

the nice thing w/ the enamel base is the acrylic will wipe clean off of it w/ water if you make mistakes. seems crazy when you do it and looks like a disaster!! i've been detailing out my battle shells to give them a more artistic look. you should see how crappy they look until you remove the paint! literally the entire front of his shell was black... until i used the swab to clean it all off and leave all the details behind. hope all that helps!

Thanks for the great info. I've got some knock off classic collection turtles that I ordered a super long time ago, at the time not knowing they were knock offs, that I'm going to try this process on first before purchasing some knock off necas. That last bit of info about messing up and easily being able to correct the mistakes is good to know lol.

Looks like the bootlegs for the new sdcc necas are already hitting ebay lol. Wonder how they compare to the originals.

Back