TMNT (teenage mutant ninja turtles)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NECA also said each set will sell at the con for $100 EACH and ONLY available for sale at the con because of license restrictions. I'm already scared of eBay prices.

Got all excited, then read that they're restricted to US only. Ouch.

Then again I managed to series 3 of Planet of The Apes for £60 last month on amazon but that was almost a year after they were on sale at comic con. I doubt these will be offered to UK retailers though.

From NECA: "FYI - the only way we are able to make TMNT in this scale is for cons only & sold only in sets. License restrictions, no retail. #facts"

Translation: **** Playmates

Sad to hear that these will likely be impossible to buy for a sane price for those of us not going to SDCC.

NECA just confirmed no sales through NECAClub.com. You can ONLY get these at SDCC due to licensing restrictions

It might be wishful thinking, but dunno, I do think these won't be that hard to get, or at least we'll be able to get an alternate (non-SDCC) version down the road. Didn't Randy say a few weeks ago there was no chance of releasing videogame turtles?

Last edited:
He always keeps things a secret I am hoping this is one of those situations. Why would they only allow it to be sold at SDCC & not to the general public when it's a one time thing. & NECA is all about cost efficiency they re-use sculpts for Alien/Pred figures & say all the time it's about "tooling". So why would they pay for someone to sculpt these then have them manufactured overseas just to be sold to a select few? Doesn't make sense right? I think they will release these like they did the 7 inch Keaton Batman. Also there's this which makes me think there is still a chance...

https://twitter.com/NECA_TOYS/status/734853604348039168

Playmates is worse than Hasbro :( Neca makes turtle figures so good that even the bootlegs are highly revered. Licensing sucks. I hate when companies have a grip on certain scales. Playmates literally makes dollar store quality toys while these awesome companies are more than willing to make a FEW collector figures that don't look like googly eyed garbage(cough classic collection). Makes me nerd rage

You know what's so messed up? these are limited to sdcc so only a certain amount will be made & now you have yahoo & every gaming channel on youtube reporting on this. it will be impossible to get these now

is orders direct via Herocross include skateboards for each turtles, is that considered Special edition because the site didn't mention about skateboards.

also is it free delivery worldwide?

I think it's similar to the Contra series.

There might be restrictions in the US, but there might not be a restriction outside US, I don't know how the license work outside USA, but you see Revoltech & Bandai picking up the license in Japan.

I'd be shocked if these don't miraculously see release through the Ebay store or get resized, redecoed, or repacked down the road.

giphy.gif

Back