TMNT (teenage mutant ninja turtles)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't compare them to Neca but it's certainly not an inappropriate comparison. 6" collectible figures aimed at adults that cost about $20. :dunno

Neca turtles were about $20 when they were first released. They clearly were much better products, marketed to adult collectors. These playmates toys are also marketed to shell heads. But they look like garbage to me as far as being collectible toys. They are fine for kids who want to rough-house with them. Just not as quality as there counterparts.

Even the comic turtles released by playmates were bad

I think Playmates does a great job with the animated line at $8 a pop. Great toys for kids and a lot of character variety considering action figures are all about parts re-use nowadays.

I didn't compare them to Neca but it's certainly not an inappropriate comparison. 6" collectible figures aimed at adults that cost about $20. :dunno

Sorry, I was understanding you comparing these 6" Movie Turtles to Necas 1/4 Movie Turtles.

Of course you are right that the old Neca "original comic" Turtles can be compared to Playmates. Their "original comic" Turtles were a joke compared to Necas attempt. Yet it is rarely the sculpt that fails but more the (lack of) paint. Most Playmates hughly improve if repainted. I remember the 12" new movie Turtles being repainted by someone here, and they were easily competing with Three Zeros attempt, especially when you keep in mind that these were just costing 1/4 of Three Zero. :)

However I agree that there is a difference between a 9$ figure that shines with a repaint and a 20$ + figure.

Yeah I was really just trying to say that I feel like the Playmates old school movie figures aren't up to what I expect for a $20 figure, which is generally what Neca does most often. I find it odd, especially because some of the $8 figures they make sport more detailed sculpts.

But to each their own. I do like how they loaded them with accessories for this release. :)

Figuarts has a hit on their hands...bring on Casey Jones,Shredder,Rock Steady,Be-bop,Splinter,Krang

Back when Playmates was killer:
b30492f9a88172beaa5b47caaa46928f.jpg

Figuarts has a hit on their hands...bring on Casey Jones,Shredder,Rock Steady,Be-bop,Splinter,Krang

Ok, they look perfect. Im sold, will order.

Just wondering, are these more 5" or 7" scale?

Edit: I know that they are between 14-15 cm, but as they have been a little smaller in the TV show, I wonder what scale they are. Will they fit scalewise to my Playmates Classics or even to my MOTU Classics?

Last edited:
Those SHF TMNT looks cool! Only thing I'm not liking from SHF Leonardo are his sheaths. They're positioned too low on the figure. Also wish they added ab/torso articulation.

Those Figuarts look amazing.

I'm gonna eat a little crow, too. I saw the SotO Classics today and they do seem like a nice value for $20. I should have known from Hot Toys threads not to get snarky based on macro pics.

Back