TMNT (teenage mutant ninja turtles)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah I see! :D

Bummer it will take that long to our region, but at least it's not a store exclusive. I am ok with waiting. :)
That's a good point, as so many figures are Walmart or Target exclusives and are completely unavailable here except from scalpers on eBay with shipping asmuch as the figure.

What third party van?
cdfdb5ec47.jpeg

03ad700ce8.jpeg

62d82262c4.jpeg

65a2efef2c.jpeg

https://5ktoys.com/products/preorde...t-featured-limit?_pos=1&_psq=van&_ss=e&_v=1.0
https://showzstore.com/underground-arsenal-1-12-turtle-shell-01-turtle-van-comic-version_p3458.html
By Underground Arsenal, I've seen it for PO at those two spots. It's not as big but is nearly as big as the Super7 van, this one might even be a little too big for the NECA figures; they use the SH Figuarts turtles for most of the pics. But it's only a little more than the NECA van.

Found Ultimate April and Casey/April 2 pack at Walmart today(movie). I think my 2 pack April has he lower legs in the wrong side.

Would anybody recommend Super7's Ultimates turtles?
Terrible pictures but I have the full set so far and like them quite a bit. Much more nostalgic feeling for me than the NECA stuff. Quality is pretty good overall, my main complaint is that some of the figures have pretty loose hips and there are no foot pegs. So my Metalhead only just barely stands, for example. The 4 turtles and Bebop/Rocksteady have been my favorites so far. Don’t think I’ll be continuing with the full waves though because they are starting to get into some figures I never had as a kid. The turtle Van was an easy pass.

Attachments

• B36513C4-AD00-4E63-895C-93983604B8D0.jpeg
    B36513C4-AD00-4E63-895C-93983604B8D0.jpeg
    238.7 KB · Views: 46
  • EEE43D39-C433-4CCF-A7CA-F3EEF837BA0E.jpeg
    EEE43D39-C433-4CCF-A7CA-F3EEF837BA0E.jpeg
    225 KB · Views: 47
Would anybody recommend Super7's Ultimates turtles?
The Super7 turtles are a mix of huge highs and some lows.

The good:
-HUGE nostalgia for vintage fans that grew up with the original toyline. They’ve expertly updated the figures to modern standards while being faithful to the original designs in a nearly flawless balance.
-Tons of accessories and weaponry. They come with everything the original figures did, along with bonus single-color weapon sprues like the originals, and many new gadgets and gear. They don’t skimp on extra hands, heads, or even bonus accessory characters.
-Scale is impressive. While the turtles are great, many of the larger characters - like Bebop and Rocksteady - are simply enormous and have major shelf presence.
-So much detail; you could spend an hour alone just finding all the weird, painted details on Muckman, for instance.
-Availability. They aren’t Neca. They’ve given fans many opportunities to get into the line with rereleases.

The flaws:
-Articulation is limited compared to other brands. They didn’t want to break up the sculpts, so they often lack things like ab crunch or double-jointed elbows. Some of the pegs are notoriously thin and some reported stuck joints, so warm water or hairdryer is recommended before major handling,
-Inconsistencies. They’ve minor, but a few of the turtles had different colored belts and weapon sprues.
-Price. They’re made-to-order and not nearly as affordable as other brands, with the price hiking up lately.
-A few duds. Most of the line is pretty great, but some figures like April missed the mark. Some figures have minor flaws which might bug some more than others (like Casey’s waist joint).
-Missing features from the originals. The original toys were meant for play with water and slime gimmicks; these often lack those features, which is a minor annoyance.

Overall, I’m happier than not with them, but I’m selective. They fill a hole that isn’t quite the movies, cartoons, games, or comics, but they’re probably THE version my childhood most fondly remembers.

Last edited:
You're welcome.

I know that Mr. Neca sent that email specifically to me and no one else so I thought I'd share.

I’ve heard good and bad things about Super 7 but damn, good thing I didn’t jump the gun on the power rangers line

Terrible pictures but I have the full set so far and like them quite a bit. Much more nostalgic feeling for me than the NECA stuff. Quality is pretty good overall, my main complaint is that some of the figures have pretty loose hips and there are no foot pegs. So my Metalhead only just barely stands, for example. The 4 turtles and Bebop/Rocksteady have been my favorites so far. Don’t think I’ll be continuing with the full waves though because they are starting to get into some figures I never had as a kid. The turtle Van was an easy pass.
Thank you for the photos! I saw a review about the loose hips as well and became a little nervous. How well do they stay standing on your display shelf? If anything, I was thinking of getting the 4 turtles.
The Super7 turtles are a mix of huge highs and some lows.

The good:
-HUGE nostalgia for vintage fans that grew up with the original toyline. They’ve expertly updated the figures to modern standards while being faithful to the original designs in a nearly flawless balance.
-Tons of accessories and weaponry. They come with everything the original figures did, along with bonus single-color weapon sprues like the originals, and many new gadgets and gear. They don’t skimp on extra hands, heads, or even bonus accessory characters.
-Scale is impressive. While the turtles are great, many of the larger characters - like Bebop and Rocksteady - are simply enormous and have major shelf presence.
-So much detail; you could spend an hour alone just finding all the weird, painted details on Muckman, for instance.
-Availability. They aren’t Neca. They’ve given fans many opportunities to get into the line with rereleases.

The flaws:
-Articulation is limited compared to other brands. They didn’t want to break up the sculpts, so they often lack things like ab crunch or double-jointed elbows. Some of the pegs are notoriously thin and some reported stuck joints, so warm water or hairdryer is recommended before major handling,
-Inconsistencies. They’ve minor, but a few of the turtles had different colored belts and weapon sprues.
-Price. They’re made-to-order and not nearly as affordable as other brands, with the price hiking up lately.
-A few duds. Most of the line is pretty great, but some figures like April missed the mark. Some figures have minor flaws which might bug some more than others (like Casey’s waist joint).
-Missing features from the originals. The original toys were meant for play with water and slime gimmicks; these often lack those features, which is a minor annoyance.

Overall, I’m happier than not with them, but I’m selective. They fill a hole that isn’t quite the movies, cartoons, games, or comics, but they’re probably THE version my childhood most fondly remembers.
Thank you for the detailed lists of pros and cons!

The nostalgia hit me hard with these. I'm in a similar boat with collecting. I'm trying to have one collective group of the 4 turtles in all different types of media that I grew up with and seeing how these are updated versions of the older figures has me really excited.

Picked up the following today if anyone is interested

2 - Bebop and Rocksteady 2-packs
Target Exclusives

2- April and CJ 2 - packs
Walmart exclusives

2- April single
Walmart exclusives

b4070758-229d-4798-b92a-9a10767a6e17-jpeg.570617

Attachments

• B4070758-229D-4798-B92A-9A10767A6E17.jpeg
    B4070758-229D-4798-B92A-9A10767A6E17.jpeg
    220.8 KB · Views: 302