TMNT (teenage mutant ninja turtles)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I seem to remember screenshots from the GameStop pre-order listings (the store computers, not the website) being posted here before SDCC 2018. So a wider release was likely already in place, NECA just kept it to themselves for obvious business reasons. They later backtracked by stating the "these will only ever be con exclusives" line was just in reference to the 4-Pack.

OIP.5QJ4aD43zAc-Ii_rlRKBNwHaHy

The GameStop releases I didn't mind, but it did suck that getting the turtles that way ended up being $40 cheaper. I mean, the VHS-style packaging from the convention set is nifty -- but not $40 nifty. Still, getting these figures into the hands of more eager collectors is a good thing. I can always try selling my old set if I end up preferring the Ultimates, but I doubt I'll bother.

Well if it's any consolation, those SDCC sets are still going for $200-250+ on eBay. So the packaging is worth $150ish to some people lol. I forget what else, I think the pizza box still remained exclusive to the set?

The pizza box was the only remaining accessory that was exclusive to the SDCC pack, but it's now being included in the accessory set.

it's still missing the box no? I only see two different pizzas
The accessory set? The open pizza box is shown in the product photo:

8b4f43a5359339f9be082d15fa04403e.jpg

EDIT: Sorry, just realized you were probably referring to the cartoon turtles in disguise 4-pack that was just announced. I was posting about the 1990 movie figures.

Well if it's any consolation, those SDCC sets are still going for $200-250+ on eBay. So the packaging is worth $150ish to some people lol. I forget what else, I think the pizza box still remained exclusive to the set?

At this point,

Exclusive = packaging and getting the figure before most people

Meh, I believe stuff like this should be easily available.

Super 7 is in the same situation with their turtles, they claim the prices are higher than other companies because there made to order figures with less quantity being made, but they just remade the first wave of TMNT again.

Damned if you do (People complain if you try to keep making them available), damned if you don't (People complain if you make them limited and there not able to get the main characters) situation for companies with main characters for some of these properties.

Toy companies are like that, they know their quality and plastic is ****, so they re release their figures with better features to avoid being called a re issue.

My SHFIGUARTS have begun to snap at the wrist pegs, I have two neca figures that broke off from the pegas, same issue. Point being they know they put out horrendous QC and release us the figs later for that purpose [emoji19]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At first I was like PASS then I was like PREORDER lol

Not gonna end up wanting it later and paying through the nose

I think if you like the original movie the Danny figure is absolutely a no brainer. Pretty much guaranteed that he won’t be made again.

With Danny being made I wonder if Tatsu could be possible as a Loot Crate exclusive at some point. I mean I don’t see why not with all the other main and side characters being made. I’m sure it helped Danny’s cause that NECA was able to re-use the young John Connor figure as a base.

Last edited:
I think if you like the original movie the Danny figure is absolutely a no brainer. Pretty much guaranteed that he won?t be made again.

Yeah I'm 100% in for this figure and the whole set. But yeah I pretty much want anything and everything from the first movie.

Do the NECA crates ever work with coupons? I found a ton of Loot Crate codes online, but even the valid ones don't take anything off the total.

I also passed on Spirit of Splinter, mainly because he was a variant. I only slightly regret it, but certainly not enough to pay scalper prices. My display would be fine without a Danny figure, but I'll probably get this since he's a unique character. Can Keno be far behind?

Back