TMNT (teenage mutant ninja turtles)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1) Has anyone heard anything about the Super Shredder orders on the Neca store? Last I heard, they were supposed to ship out in December.

2) Does anyone else have a movie Shredder without a janky mask? I've purchased two, and one for my nephew. They all have really funky masks with lots of flash. I would contact CS, but I've heard they just ask you to return it to the place you bought it, but the place I bought them from obviously all have screwed masks. No chance of getting a decent replacement.

3) I sent a message to CS last Wednesday about my missing Tokka hand. This was their reply. Not sure how they're going to see what they have available if they've already told K1LLJOY they have no replacements.

0O9jm6Ol.jpg

My basic shredder has obvious flash lines, I just accept them as part of the scale and the process to manufacture it.

Please excuse my ignorance of the terminology, but what are flash lines?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Borrowing this shot from @sgtbananas to demonstrate.

DD355A11-8151-4839-99A2-55CD38CF5DE0.jpeg

See the seam line? Flash refers to when seam lines have excess material protruding from them because the molds weren’t tight and some of the material leaked into the crack between pieces of the mold and isn’t trimmer away or trimmed away well. The example above is actually a better case than my figure, with the right lighting and zoom you’d hardly notice, mine is pretty bad, it looks ok in the shelf, just impacts my photography.

i still don't get the problem!!! even with the photos. maybe it's a blessing.
or maybe it's a problem visible only on 1/4 which i don't have. just checked my 1/10.

1) Has anyone heard anything about the Super Shredder orders on the Neca store? Last I heard, they were supposed to ship out in December.

2) Does anyone else have a movie Shredder without a janky mask? I've purchased two, and one for my nephew. They all have really funky masks with lots of flash. I would contact CS, but I've heard they just ask you to return it to the place you bought it, but the place I bought them from obviously all have screwed masks. No chance of getting a decent replacement.

3) I sent a message to CS last Wednesday about my missing Tokka hand. This was their reply. Not sure how they're going to see what they have available if they've already told K1LLJOY they have no replacements.

0O9jm6Ol.jpg

Please let me know what happens with yours.

I still have my set because they asked me to pay for shipping just to get a refund and they wouldn't refund the shipping price.

i still don't get the problem!!! even with the photos. maybe it's a blessing.
or maybe it's a problem visible only on 1/4 which i don't have. just checked my 1/10.

It’s not a huge problem for me, again, on display you hardly can tell, it’s only for my photography that it poses a challenge.

40ADC981-DE56-4178-AC70-F33BED31B187.jpeg

219FF922-0435-4BA0-94DD-ED36D07CB38C.jpeg

Mine are absolutely horrid. The edges are all super rough with excess flash. Especially around the mesh areas and the bridge of the nose.

pG98AtPl.jpg

UlUePnDl.jpg

Wow, that’s awful, the example I first posted is what it should look like, mine is like a step down from it and yours is a step further down, almost like a bootleg and not a factory piece.

I still have my set because they asked me to pay for shipping just to get a refund and they wouldn't refund the shipping price.
They have a lot of nerve, considering they're not only the seller but also the manufacturer of your defective product. Why should you lose out on shipping costs both ways with no figures to show for it? NECA would never get away with pulling this via their Amazon or eBay stores. It's unacceptable and they should be called out on it. Sorry you had to deal with that.

Wow, that’s awful, the example I first posted is what it should look like, mine is like a step down from it and yours is a step further down, almost like a bootleg and not a factory piece.

Yeah, I know they're the real deal. Just looks like the store I bought from got a bad batch. I could fix them, but it would be nice if Neca would just replace them.

Mine are absolutely horrid. The edges are all super rough with excess flash. Especially around the mesh areas and the bridge of the nose.

pG98AtPl.jpg

UlUePnDl.jpg

Sand it down and repaint. Silver is very easy to paint.

My Tokka & Rahzar arrived in Tassie today but haven't had a chance to open yet.

Edit: All open and very cool. Bigger than I thought they were and looks like everything is in the box, yay!

Last edited:
I have a loose cartoon Splinter from the Baxter 2 pack for sale if anyone is interested(I'm only collecting the villains).

Back