TMNT (teenage mutant ninja turtles)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A friend of mine just did the same. Had it in cart and go out of stock when placing order. Went back tried again and just accepted. And for him shipping was $22.99. That's ludicrous.

Got Super Shredder, the $23 shipping sucks but I probably would of spent that much running to Walmarts looking for him anyway.

Neca can suck it, Playmates should get back their rights and just make exclusive figures like so

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Get their rights back? You understand they're making money on everything NECA does without lifting a finger? They didn't lose anything, they're just getting paid to let NECA make their figures.

I'm really riding that TMNT nostalgia wave at the moment. My playmates Super Shredder was my main villain for a couple of years when I was small, so I couldn't pass this one up.

I missed out on the NECA store order, but I just checked some of my European go-to e-tailers, and found that my Dutch store has him on pre-order for a week now. Ended up at ?39.45 shipped - better than it would've been through NECA directly.
It's metropolis-collectibles.com, if any of you Europeans are interested. I've dealt with them a couple of times over the last few years, they have always been great so far.

Got my order in. $13 to ship to AZ.

Get their rights back? You understand they're making money on everything NECA does without lifting a finger? They didn't lose anything, they're just getting paid to let NECA make their figures.

Why would Playmates make money off Neca or any other toy manufacture? Playmates doesn't own TMNT, Viacom/Nickelodeon does.

Got my order in. $13 to ship to AZ.

Why would Playmates make money off Neca or any other toy manufacture? Playmates doesn't own TMNT, Viacom/Nickelodeon does.

Playmates is the primary license holder in perpetuity. The company also produced the original cartoon and own some rights to those versions of the characters. Thats why they make money off NECA. Most likely they take a royalty off each unit sold.

is everyone getting Super Shreddar because he is limited or he is really cool character?

i can get SS for around $40 but i'm not sure if i really like him. i plan to get the Rock soldiers set.

I was going to get him just because I'm collecting the movie line generally. I don't have any attachment to this version of him specifically. If I have to resort to scalpers on ebay I may do so or I may not.

is everyone getting Super Shreddar because he is limited or he is really cool character?
i'm not getting supar shreddar because he is not cool and not even a character, he sucks. i don't care how limited he is.
tokkah and razor on the other hand are a musthave, almost as much as a sarah conner.

For me it's like an ultimate realization of a childhood dream. Even as a kid, I wanted my toys to look like the shows or movies I was watching. I hated that the Cartoon Shredder was shirtless and blue and looked nothing like the show. When they did the Movie Star figures, I was so excited, they weren't NECA level, but it was a rare time figures looked like what they were based on. This Super Shredder was the only shredder to look close to what it was based on and was my favorite Shredder figure as a kid.

zDSC-3575.jpg

Now NECA has gone and made a figure completely authentic to it, and I'm excited to get it. I also always thought it looked cool in the movie and wish it had been used longer than the short moments it was.

The whole NECA Turtles movie line has been about feeling the joy I got from these movies as a kid.

Speaking for myself..I never collect figures because of the limited or rare production. I get the characters I like , especially if they were from a film or show I enjoyed in the past. Super Shredder was a version of Shredder that I always wanted in a figure growing up but I can never seem to find a version that was exactly proportional to his look in the film. Yes I owned the original playmates but I always thought down the road as technology advanced and figures started to become more accurate to their sources , I kept hoping they would make a better SS as the turtle figures themselves got better , but sadly this particular version of him never seemed to develop until now.

This is truly the version I wanted from the very start so I wasn?t going to miss this even if he was going to be from a company that would make him become a peg warmer so I was elated that NECA took the gamble with reviving the TMNT movie line and making such authentic looking movie accurate pieces in the last few years.

If there was one gripe I had with the SS character itself, was I wish in the film they gave him more scenes like a actual fighting sequence against the turtles like they did in the original and since it was Nash under the outfit..I?m sure he could?ve made one hell of action fight if they did it right ( for those who followed Nash in his wrestling career like I have..we know that he was gifted with natural agility and strength that you rarely saw in a almost 7 ft tall 300 plus wrestler )

So even if I missed the preorder from either the Necastore or Walmart , I was going to try and track this version in stores as much as I could which is not easy nowadays when it comes to finding anything TMNT related in the wild. That is one line that my local big brand stores just not seem to care about and if I rarely find the figures in the stores, it?s more often than not I won?t see them again .

So thankfully at least for this particular figure I saved myself the time and wasted effort to try and find him in store when he eventually releases. All I have to do is wait but as a collector for most of my life it is always comforting to know I just have a guaranteed figure coming my way rather than trying to hunt it down in the stores in hopes I would find it which hasn?t happened at all even with the first release of the original filmed TMNT Neca line my GameStops just never had them in store so I was elated I got the now rare boxed set SDCC release the first time around :lecture

Oh on a side note ..I know there is always the option of finding these as others have at their local Comic and specialty shops. However over the years unfortunately in my area, there just isn?t that luxury anymore. All my comic sources have either went out of business or stopped carrying figures in general and with the recent pandemic we are going through currently, a lot of my shops aren?t even open to the public or at least the ones that are in a reasonable driving distance. So it?s not so easy finding a backup if I don?t see these NECA versions in the big stores . Even my local GameStop?s are currently closed to the general public as to any other specialty shop in a mall or special type of store. All my malls are currently shutdown in my area :slap

Last edited:
Movie April looks eminent, Judith Hoag is LIVE with Randy on Instagram now, sounds like they'll either sell it on their site like Toka and Razar or through some business of hers.

Back