TMNT (teenage mutant ninja turtles)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just give up on Neca, screw them, i got the cartoon turtle and tmnt movie turtles everything else is extra, i hate companies that chance releases base on orders that are made already and leave it to scalpers, nope, don?t need anymore figures from them. won?t even hunt them no more. Thank God Covid has delayed everything for me to lose interest in everything right now, all this means is that they just lose customers and that?s the bottom line on things to say the least...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah it's a **** show. Gamestop worked because like you said, they were preorders. They took our orders then produced the figures. NECA with Target (and now Walmart) are not doing preorders and are just supplying in what they produce. I can only imagine they got some great deal from Target/Walmart to do these like this, because it's beyond frustrating for the consumers like us, but they literally immediately sell out everything. So to them they're making bank and they do keep telling us to wait it out, but it's difficult! Not easy to wait out when there's still no certainty you'll actually get anything like with a preorder.

:exactly:They need to assure customers they will have another chance at these or people will assume their collection will remain incomplete and get off the ride. Reminds me of that old 1701 Playmates Star Trek debacle, the Gentle Giant Star Wars bust and the old Acme Clone Wars cartoon cells. The difficulty of obtaining those things turned off collectors and now no one cares.

Here's to you Neca:duff ...idiots :ohbfrank:

I think its mostly just that the finish is kinda glossy in spots and that is giving me a cheaper quality vibe. I know people have complained about the glossiness of the plastic Super7 has used in the past for their MOTU stuff. I?m sure it is probably just the lighting.

Yeah...their Filmation figures had similar issues but a blast of dull coat fixes that right up!

Got all of Series 3 delivered this morning. Hope for all your sakes the restrictions get lifted so that your local comic stores can order them.
The figures themselves are all great, even the April in hand doesn?t seem as bad. Could still do with a slightly smaller head but it certainly doesn?t look as big right in front of me. Leatherhead is huge, bigger than Beebop and Rocksteady but the stand outs are Casey and Slash.
D1EF96FD-8AB0-4BEC-9502-FBC664EB20FC.jpegD257C1DC-194A-4D27-9D4D-03130716DC38.jpeg636630D8-BE75-4970-994E-CB35BCFDA047.jpeg0E2E1FBA-634F-46F1-B78A-9E967903954E.jpegE893B752-57E9-471A-B8FB-43F7B6AFFEE4.jpeg8327F04B-2EA6-4986-BE06-C7E2AACDED0A.jpeg

Got all of Series 3 delivered this morning. Hope for all your sakes the restrictions get lifted so that your local comic stores can order them.
The figures themselves are all great, even the April in hand doesn?t seem as bad. Could still do with a slightly smaller head but it certainly doesn?t look as big right in front of me. Leatherhead is huge, bigger than Beebop and Rocksteady but the stand outs are Casey and Slash.
View attachment 490471View attachment 490472View attachment 490473View attachment 490474View attachment 490475View attachment 490476

do you prefer the toon style or normal?

wow, whoever is their sculptor in that line nowadays should be fired ASAP before he turns the line into HT atrocities. i thought Rocksteady and Bebop were too off to buy them, but those April, Slash and Leatherhead are so inaccurate like if they were sculpted by Tsang.

My local Walmart had the Raphael and Casey Jones set according to Brickseek, but I wasn’t able to get out there in time (I work until 8 at night and they close at 8:30) and it sold out. :mad:

View attachment 490471View attachment 490472View attachment 490473View attachment 490474View attachment 490475View attachment 490476

Pretty sweet layout. You need a splinter!

Seeing all of these figures just reminds me of how much I didn't like the cartoon. :lol I think I was a bit too old by that time. (And yet, I look at my signature and laugh.)

I grew up with the 80’s cartoon and liked it as a kid, but it hasn’t aged very well in my opinion. I think some of the designs are fun, the theme song is very catchy, and the voice actors are mostly good. I feel like it’s a show that works best in small doses. I wouldn’t want to try and binge the entire series or something.

Man, NECA is going DEEP into this cartoon line! Thankfully (for budgetary and availability reasons) I am only interested in the four brothers in this line (which I already have).

Been checking a couple of my local Targets the last few days and nothing. I hate hunting for toys. Got lucky finding the last round of Target stuff right after they got put out, but I am feeling a bit more pessimistic about these guys. A lot of people are off or out of work so the stores are way busier during the morning/afternoon than usual. We shall see. There are definitely other guys looking for these in my area who I have seen checking over the NECA sections before or after me, and I always think it is so funny how you can just see someone else walking in as you enter the store and instantly can tell they are a collector. And I dont mean that as a compliment, lol.

I also went to a Wal-Mart for the first time in months just to check things out and what a disaster area the toy aisle was. Resigned to never finding that 2-pack in stores, hopefully they will come back up online or NECA will find another way to release them down the line as singles or something.

I gave up toy hunting but boy oh boy did i score massive with the Lego Mario sets!! almost got into with a mom at walmart because i bought the whole set haha.

I am just happy with printing the neca tmnt pictures and placing them in my shelf at this point. I miss the days when you could pre order them from gamestop, they would make the quantity ordered and go on with your day, not this whole minimum quantity THEN sell them to stores, life sucks.

Imagine the hunt for Krang Android body AND the party wagon when they plan it...

Been checking a couple of my local Targets the last few days and nothing. I hate hunting for toys. Got lucky finding the last round of Target stuff right after they got put out, but I am feeling a bit more pessimistic about these guys. A lot of people are off or out of work so the stores are way busier during the morning/afternoon than usual. We shall see. There are definitely other guys looking for these in my area who I have seen checking over the NECA sections before or after me, and I always think it is so funny how you can just see someone else walking in as you enter the store and instantly can tell they are a collector. And I dont mean that as a compliment, lol.

I also went to a Wal-Mart for the first time in months just to check things out and what a disaster area the toy aisle was. Resigned to never finding that 2-pack in stores, hopefully they will come back up online or NECA will find another way to release them down the line as singles or something.

Yeah, same here. My local Walmart looks like a nuke went off in the toy aisle.

I think outside of them releasing a better April head, my biggest character wants are Usagi Yojimbo and human/Japanese forms of Oroku Saki and Himato Yoshi. But we'll see how deep Neca is willing to go to get to those chars =)

Back