TMNT (teenage mutant ninja turtles)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had at first regretted paying $400 for the set. But after seeing in hand reviews and YT Vids on them, I'm honestly excited now and glad I did as I never was able to buy any of the neck Turtles as It's only when I look that they are gone. I'm into this design because I always wanted their classic first appearance looks.

Never realized how much I’ve needed a Professor Perry figure the past 30 years… love it!

2CBA2364-251C-41C1-A4D8-40BF88144EA6.jpeg

Looking at it closely, they look REALLY textured! I can't say I'm keen on that.

Classic-Remastered-1988-TMNT-Playmates-Figures.jpg

Those look terrible. They look like a cheap Super7 knock off.

But I guess they're good for kids as actual toys over adults buying them as collectibles.

BBTS shipped My Mezco TMNT set today. It would be nice if they gave at least a one or two day notice before they charge the balance on a preorder. Anyway, im surprised they got them in so soon. Excited to get these in🙂

I thought about grabbing one of the clay versions yesterday during the presale, but the lack of a stand put me off. That thing is definitely tipping over at some point in my crazy household.

Got my mezco tmnt in from BBTS yesterday and finally found time to open them up. This is my first time buying anything in 1/12 scale so my first thought was "Damn these are tiny"... I wish they were a bigger scale especially for the price point, but I do like them though. They definitely come with a ton of accessories and I like the mixed media which feels like genuine leather. I wish I could say these are my new favorite set of turtles but, IMO, they come in 2nd behind my DreamEX set.
1000003141.jpg
1000003136.jpg
1000003137.jpg
1000003138.jpg
1000003135.jpg

I see some of NECA's 1/4 scale Turtles are being reissued.

I'm torn. I REALLY don't do 1/4th scale, these are over 16-inches, and I would much prefer 1/6th scale, if only for my adherence to Detolf displays. But they always look good and the prices are very reasonable.

I'm still kicking myself at passing on the 1/6 DreamEx figures. Having THOSE get reissued would be ideal, but I'm considering alternatives.
I missed out on the Mondo and DreamEx turtles and I got tired of waiting for someone to pickup the 1/6 license, so I started customizing my own.

Here are some Works in Progress, still a little rough, and working on some alternate headsculpts. Mondo Wolverine is there for size comparison.

Attachments

• TMNT2.jpg
    TMNT2.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • TMNT3.jpg
    TMNT3.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Got my mezco tmnt in from BBTS yesterday and finally found time to open them up. This is my first time buying anything in 1/12 scale so my first thought was "Damn these are tiny"... I wish they were a bigger scale especially for the price point, but I do like them though. They definitely come with a ton of accessories and I like the mixed media which feels like genuine leather. I wish I could say these are my new favorite set of turtles but, IMO, they come in 2nd behind my DreamEX set. View attachment 694409View attachment 694410View attachment 694411View attachment 694412View attachment 694413
Yea they look great but 400 is way too much imo. Maybe 200. These aren’t even 6 inches lol.

I agree. These definitely aren't worth $400. At least I'll be able to get back what I paid(and then some) if I decide to sell them.
They do look cool. But. I didn’t want to say anything earlier to kill your enthusiasm when they were about to ship, but Mezco stuff is by rule of thumb just not worth their asking prices. Especially if you collect 1/6 it’s really hard to prepare someone for how small 1/12 actually is. I got suckered in many many years ago by all these YouTubers claiming that they were like smaller scale Hot Toys level figures, which turned out to be laughable. I still have a trio of Michael Myers, Ash, and Freddy K. but that’s it. The price on their recent Indy figure made my eyes roll so far back that it was like I could see out the back of my head.

Back