TMNT (teenage mutant ninja turtles)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought it was gonna be 17 as well but went to check out and 23 bucks to ship to Michigan? Something doesn't seem right about that but it is what it is I suppose. I still got em but yikes.

When I purchased. I was given the option of $17 FedEx, or $23 UPS. I chose UPS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are without a doubt turning a profit on the shipping. With the volume they ship they for sure get a discount. I'm sure we only ship a fraction of what NECA does and our discount is pretty healthy. I would rather over pay for shipping than drive to 10 different WM's, not finding any, getting pissed, then overpaying on ebay though.

This was the only cartoon set I wanted, and I managed to miss it. **** me. :mad:

I thought it was gonna be 17 as well but went to check out and 23 bucks to ship to Michigan? Something doesn't seem right about that but it is what it is I suppose. I still got em but yikes.

It's downright dastardly/sneaky.

It would be better to just come out and and say "Alright, we want $80 for Toka and Raz, and the rest is for shipping." Because we all know that it doesn't cost $23 to ship a box of two figures.

Anyways.... finally found one of these out in the wild...

IMG-20200806-214629.jpg

Actually, my Dad did. He shops at Wallyworld way more than I do, so I asked him to keep an eye out and sure enough...

He said there were only 2.

Last edited:
Well hot damn, I finally found a mutagens set. Had to ask the lady in electronics at Target if they might have had any because I just wanted to know if they had for sure come and gone already, and apparently she was purposely keeping them in the back so that the scalpers couldnt buy them all and limiting to one per customer. Which I guess I get, but still Im sure a lot of people looking never even thought to ask an actual employee since we all know about the reps being in charge of setting stuff out. And she still kinda interrogated me when she checked me out to see if I was an actual fan and collector.

No sign of the other cartoon stuff. She said the NECA lady was completely random about the days and times she comes. I just really hope they have good news coming about ordering stuff online.

Well hot damn, I finally found a mutagens set. Had to ask the lady in electronics at Target if they might have had any because I just wanted to know if they had for sure come and gone already, and apparently she was purposely keeping them in the back so that the scalpers couldnt buy them all and limiting to one per customer. Which I guess I get, but still Im sure a lot of people looking never even thought to ask an actual employee since we all know about the reps being in charge of setting stuff out. And she still kinda interrogated me when she checked me out to see if I was an actual fan and collector.

No sign of the other cartoon stuff. She said the NECA lady was completely random about the days and times she comes. I just really hope they have good news coming about ordering stuff online.

The whole 'keeping them in the back' thing... Ugh. As if we don't have enough problems finding these things. Really, they should have 'Turtle Fan Verification' questions every potential customer has to answer to see if they actually know anything about the property, or are just there to flip stuff. :lol

As far as Randy's 'News', I fear it's going to be for the movie turtles only, which I have no interest in. :(

Still have yet to order Tokka and Rahzar. Last day for them. I kind of feel okay about passing, but yet at the same time I may regret doing so. I probably will put in an order later today.

The whole 'keeping them in the back' thing... Ugh. As if we don't have enough problems finding these things. Really, they should have 'Turtle Fan Verification' questions every potential customer has to answer to see if they actually know anything about the property, or are just there to flip stuff. :lol

As far as Randy's 'News', I fear it's going to be for the movie turtles only, which I have no interest in. :(

Yeah Im worried if thats gonna be the case as well. But they had already talked about getting more online stock of the Walmart figures, so I am hoping it will apply to the cartoon stuff as well. But I still have not found that Casey and Raphael 2-pack either along with any of the cartoon figures.

And the lady at target, she was saying that she sold a set to a guy yesterday but he was wearing a ninja turtles face mask so she KNEW he was a real fan. And I was like, sorry for dressing like a normal person today with my boring sports ball team T-shirt on and plain face mask, lol.

Last edited:
I still haven't decided if I'm going to preorder the TMNT 2 two pack. They're cool looking figures, but I don't really care about the characters. Should I get them? Plus they're kind of expensive for something that doesn't really move me. But what if they become a rarity later on? :gah:

I?m hoping they remake them in cartoon style. I don?t collect the movie line so I will be passing. Don?t have an extra $90 now anyway.

I still haven't decided if I'm going to preorder the TMNT 2 two pack. They're cool looking figures, but I don't really care about the characters. Should I get them? Plus they're kind of expensive for something that doesn't really move me. But what if they become a rarity later on? :gah:

Seriously? If you don't care about the characters that much, don't bother. Whether they're rare or not later on is irrelevant. I think all of us on these forums have enough fiddly plastic figures overflowing off shelves. Just buy what has real meaning for you, and leave the 'value/resell' rat race to people who want the additional stress.

I would definitely get them if you are at all into the movie turtle figures. I ordered 2 sets since they will not be able to be found later on and figured at the very least the extra would be good for a trade later on if I miss out on something else. I also want to support their plans for selling stuff online as much as I can. The difference in shipping for one or two sets was a whole $1 so at least it feels like Im getting a slightly better value per set, and the shipping cost wasnt all THAT much than the normal tax I would have paid at a store for them both anyway.

I begrudgingly placed an order a few minutes ago. Total came to $92.98..... **** me.

I was originally expecting to get these from Walmart for around $50, so when I found out it would come close to $100 it was a bit of a shock to say the least, and thus explains the last minute order. I asked Neca on their Twitter about the shipping. Not expecting to get a reply.

The movie along with the 1st is a childhood fav though, AND I have everything else from their 7 inch Turtle movie line and plan on getting Super Shredder... so I guess I'm being a bit of a completist, too.

BUT if they re-release these for half the price later on...I'm probably going to be done with Neca.

Seriously? If you don't care about the characters that much, don't bother. Whether they're rare or not later on is irrelevant. I think all of us on these forums have enough fiddly plastic figures overflowing off shelves. Just buy what has real meaning for you, and leave the 'value/resell' rat race to people who want the additional stress.

Yup, I will pass on them. They're cool looking, but that's not enough for me to buy something. I'll stick to the cartoon line and TMNT 1990 movie. Thanks.

I would definitely get them if you are at all into the movie turtle figures. I ordered 2 sets since they will not be able to be found later on and figured at the very least the extra would be good for a trade later on if I miss out on something else. I also want to support their plans for selling stuff online as much as I can. The difference in shipping for one or two sets was a whole $1 so at least it feels like Im getting a slightly better value per set, and the shipping cost wasnt all THAT much than the normal tax I would have paid at a store for them both anyway.

I'm a fan of the 1990 film. :)

Back