TMNT (teenage mutant ninja turtles)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OMG I CAN'T BELIEVE IT I DID IT!!! i manage to get my turtle set just before it sold out. i paid $14.09 for shipping to miami. wheww now i can breathe and just for my set to arrive.

The hype for these will lull after SDCC. You'll be able to get them at or below cost around Nov/Dec on eBay. Then their price will start to rise again next spring.

I couldn't believe I missed out on the video game Turtles last year. I feel a slightly justified after scoring these.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Neca video game Turtles...how many were made?

I believe they were officially limited to 3,000 of each set (Turtles and Foot Clan) but there has been a steady flow of them coming directly from China.

I believe they were officially limited to 3,000 of each set (Turtles and Foot Clan) but there has been a steady flow of them coming directly from China.

okay thanks for the info....the ones out of China are KOs?

Congrats on your score!

Which service are you using? I am ahvikg a hard time finding one that suits the situation. They all want me to give exact size of the box. :duh

I use shipitto. It is pretty straight forward. They upload pictures of your package. You can send multiple packages and they will open them and combine them all into one. It is pretty fantastic. I have used them for a few years now. You also get different options of how you want it to ship to you. I like it. Never had a problem. This will be package # 12 or so now.

:lol:lol:lol

They'll be on ebay for $200 eventually. People just need to calm the **** down :lol

edit- guy deleted comment

The hype for these will lull after SDCC. You'll be able to get them at or below cost around Nov/Dec on eBay. Then their price will start to rise again next spring.

I don't know about that. This is arguably the best/complete set of modern 80's turtles released. I think the figuarts are better figures in regards to build quality, but these look better and come with better accessories. A set of figuarts for just the 4 turtles will set you back at least $220 plus. Bandai is releasing Shredder at some point, but I do not think they will bother with anything else. Also the Bandai Turtles are based on the 80s promo shot of the turtles and not what was actually in the cartoon. The seconadary headsculpts are exactly what is in the photo and they even shot a photo of them posed the same way.

NECA hits that nostalgia spot. You get toon accurate Turtles. You get Toon accurate Shredder, Krang and Foot Soldiers. You get it all in a throwback carrying case package with art done by Ken Mitchroney who worked on the 80s/90s Archie TMNT comics. This set has nowhere to go but up.

The videogame ones were more of a niche market and were always going to drop once a set like this was announced.

I think the figuarts are better figures in regards to build quality, but these look better..

Which ones people prefer is subjective, but the SH are more accurate to how the turtles looked through out most of the show.

Also the Bandai Turtles are based on the 80s promo shot of the turtles and not what was actually in the cartoon

Not true.

Actual show episodes

uCx9pb0.jpg
DvbY5qA.jpg
9qokdAa.jpg
NDKa1xL.jpg
TJ1YVzw.jpg

SH
DOiiicm.jpg
Bq8Kif9.jpg

Even the profile is closer on the SH

sBUIv0F.jpg
zG2nncs.jpg

WhKZhHZ.jpg

wnpf6Ur.jpg

The heads and noses are more flat on the Neca heads

DU9dhPy.jpg

Still, as a set, the NECA boxset is a great set because they look very good and it includes the villains and nice accessories. SH are too expensive and there is no guarantee that they will make any villains. I just want a cartoon Casey Jones already! :gah:

Dont know if this is the correct thread to post these photos, but wanted to show these custom TMNT that I just had repainted by Hugo. Their intended to look more battle damaged. These are the 11" inch Battle Shell TMNT that came out several years ago.

My son happen to have an original 11" inch Doni, so I can show a before and after photo.

IMG_1880.JPG

IMG_1882.JPG

IMG_1881.JPG

IMG_1878.JPG

IMG_1877 (1).JPG

IMG_1874 (1).JPG

IMG_1875 (1).JPG

IMG_1876.JPG

IMG_1869.JPG

IMG_1870.JPG

IMG_1871.JPG

IMG_1872.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1877 (1).JPG
    IMG_1877 (1).JPG
    123.6 KB · Views: 126
Wow, TexasFinest! That is an amazing display!!! I think those repaints are awesome! Really brings out the details in a gritty way. Absolutely love it!

Wow, TexasFinest! That is an amazing display!!! I think those repaints are awesome! Really brings out the details in a gritty way. Absolutely love it!

Thanks bud,

He also did the smaller versions, but I cant get a good photo because of the glare from the plastic case protector I have them in. I'll try again in a bit.

Oh man! Stellar repaints! I already thought they look pretty cool stock, but now they're incredible!

It took me a few extra seconds since I messed up entering my payment info, but somehow I was able to get an order in yesterday. TMNT is actually low on my nostalgia feels pole, but it was too nice of a set not to try and get.

Back