TMNT (teenage mutant ninja turtles)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really like the DreamX line but I can't justify putting these figures in my 1/6 collection next to my movie characters... I'm sure that we'll see the 90's TMNT movie versions in 1/6 scale. But if I were a TMNT-collector these would be the best versions I've seen. They seem more high-end than the MONDO versions.

I know it's just a prototype, but I'm wondering if the production figure will have jointed elbows or interchangeable arms like the Sideshow Wolverine? I can see an extra set of Leo arms in the background with permanently bent elbows. Also I'm not sure how else they could pull off the folded arms look on the Mikey prototype without extra arms.

I also think the jointed feet stand out in a bad way. If the figure has great balance and that joint is strong it could make for some great posing, but I see it as more of a distraction and would wonder if that joint could hold up over time without getting loose.

The big knee and elbow pads and the belt pouches are another thing I don't care for. It makes these Turtles look more like commandos and less like ninjas. I'm sure the licensing explosion we are seeing right now is because Nickelodeon doled out separate licenses for all of these different versions of the Turtles and DreamEx has went with this hybrid cartoon/realistic look. It's not my favorite but I may end up with Casey Jones, Shredder, and Krang eventually.

Leo looks a little too GIJoe/ MOTU to me. Not big fan of roided turtles. Nice accessories though. Pass on turtles.

it's actually a reference of the Super Turtles in the Japanese OVA. if you ever watched it.

Glad to see I'm not the only one not completely in love with the DreamEx turtles. There's definitely a lot to like but there are certain details that just don't do it for me. Pass for now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Geez tough crowd. I reckon these look head and shoulders above the Mondo Turtles as well as the horrible Bay designs. For 1/6 it looks to be the best on show right now. If there was a 1/6 version of the 1990 movie turtles, that would be the top ones for me.

i love the paint, especially how front shelves are painted. reminded me of Tokka from the movie - my favourite TMNT franchise design of all times.

Geez tough crowd. I reckon these look head and shoulders above the Mondo Turtles as well as the horrible Bay designs. For 1/6 it looks to be the best on show right now. If there was a 1/6 version of the 1990 movie turtles, that would be the top ones for me.

It's less though crowd and more about what look you want for the Turtles. While I agree that Leo looks pretty good, with a few things I don't like (big/blue arm/kneepads, weird toes, a bit to muscled) I prefer the Mirage look and in that regard, Mondo is head and shoulders above DreamEX.

It's less though crowd and more about what look you want for the Turtles. While I agree that Leo looks pretty good, with a few things I don't like (big/blue arm/kneepads, weird toes, a bit to muscled) I prefer the Mirage look and in that regard, Mondo is head and shoulders above DreamEX.

I think that's exactly it. We all have our favourite versions of the turtles and the DreamEX ones are too much of a mixed bag to completely sell me on them. The Mirage comics were my first exposure to the turtles and remain my favourite iteration.

Same here. I love the mirage turtles. They have such a unique appearance. I'm not a fan of roided characters.

Dream ex has good paint apps. Accessories are good. But just not sold on them. Glad they were made but my money is on neca and Mondo. They made representative turtles

I really wish I could get those sets for a decent price. I have fond memories of playing that game at Chuck-E-Cheese and later at my friends house on the NES. I will keep an eye on eBay but can't bring myself to pay the $150 up-charge for both sets combined.

To each their own. One this is certain, though: amongst Sideshow, DreamEX, NECA, and Mondo, now's a damn good time to be a Turtle fan.

Man I hope we get full reveals tomorrow from NECA and marvel. Neca supposedly has another surprise tomorrow in addition to 1/6 movie turtles.

Back