TMNT Leonardo Comiquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay, so I've read several comments about how some people are so upset with Leo that not only are they not ordering him, they are cancelling their PO's for Mikey and Raph, which is their prerogative of course.

My question: How badly will this damage the TMNT line as a whole? Is this Leo so face-meltingly bad that people will skip the Mouser? Or Shredder or Splinter if they were to be made?

Or do you think the sales of Leo will be as healthy as the rest of his brothers?

Okay, so I've read several comments about how some people are so upset with Leo that not only are they not ordering him, they are cancelling their PO's for Mikey and Raph, which is their prerogative of course.

My question: How badly will this damage the TMNT line as a whole? Is this Leo so face-meltingly bad that people will skip the Mouser? Or Shredder or Splinter if they were to be made?

Or do you think the sales of Leo will be as healthy as the rest of his brothers?

Leo will sell out pretty fast regardless and the ex will be sold out regardless. As for the others that is up in the air. I, even before Leo, only the hardcore TMNT fans were going to buy the other characters if offered.

Yep, just the Turtles for me. And after wading through this thread for the past day, I'm also hoping they at least give Leo some teeth. Maybe the factory got tired of painting the little teeth and complained?

:lol

Yep, just the Turtles for me. And after wading through this thread for the past day, I'm also hoping they at least give Leo some teeth. Maybe the factory got tired of painting the little teeth and complained?

:lol

Well if they did then it's a terrible reason to make this the only closed-mouth toothless-looking turtle of them all. CONSISTENCY.

Looks alright to me but I'm not going to deny being disappointed. It certainly looks odd that he has no expression on his face other than the fact he looks like he's going to drop one. Really hope SS listen to the fans and sort this out.

It's not bad enough for me to want to cancel the rest of the line, but if you feel the need to do so, I won't stop you! I'm on the waitlist for a Mikey EX that I'd like to convert!

lol @ all the people who cancel and then SS changes the headsculpt (a la Firefly). Imagine the uproar then! :rotfl

Just Sayin:

LEOanim.gif

I mean seriously just the head changing even makes it look 10 times better!

The second picture in the animation is perfect. Why couldn't Sideshow have done that? I hope they really do go back and redo this.

It's just crushing to have waited so long for your favorite Turtle and to be let down like this. ;_;

For the closed mouth #2 looks great. Body pose is quite improved too. The fans seem to always do better than the licensees.....

As an animation though, makes for a good farting Leo! HAhaha! Nice!

"Ooop... hold it... no wait... it's coming can't hold it...." BOOM!

@ Mongoleone: you only did a few little tweaks and suddenly this looks SO much better!
if only the guys from Sideshow could see this!

tmnt.jpg

My Leonardo

I started this about five weeks ago, and have worked on it on the weekends. I am going to learn how to cast and mold using it, so I figured I would show him off just in case the worst should happen, and he gets destroyed. There is still a little work to be done, but more or less he is finished.

1-1.jpg

I like the Leonardo comiquette. Turtles are like people, they all look different.

I did like the photoshop with the one side of the mouth showing teeth, though. It was a nice homage to the old Playmates figures.

2000111_press01-001.jpg

Ok, why is it they can chrome X-23's claws, both PF and Dio...and other Marvel characters... but not Leo's katanas?:cuckoo:
They also need to be a bit longer IMO. A little short there.

As for the face, it just needs a little tweeking, thats all. I remember the turtle toys not all having the menacing grimace teeth look.

Actually, I think the length is about right. Most TMNT artwork draws them too long for Leo. The ninja's katana would have been shorter for fighting in close quarters (many sources I've read suggest the ninja "katana" was a wakizashi in a katana's scabbard to give a misleading judgment of draw speed) .

As for that changing of 3 images...number 2 is PERFECT!
As I was saying earlier, I expected Leo's mouth to be closed, but the sculpt doesn't give his beak enough definition, making him look different. That second one with the closed mouth but more pronounced beak and full cheeks is what I'd like Sideshow to change to!

Back