Tintin Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darknight

Super Freak
Reaction score
With the new Tintin movie coming out in 2011, just wondering how many of us here collect Tintin collectibles. I have been in the market for some Tintin collectibles of late and am surprised there have not been many Tintin collectible statues released to date. Also, most of the statues come from France.

That being said, I am glad that Weta has acquired the Tintin license and will be producing a line of Tintin collectibles. This will be one to watch!

Anyone else here a fan of Tintin or collect Tintin collectibles? It would be great to see your Tintin collection and your thoughts about the Tintin collectible market.

I'm not a huge fan - ie I love the books but don't have any collectibles outside of a few t-shirts - but I would definitely be interested in 1/6 Tintin characters. Sadly not likely though, Weta would be doing statues wouldn't they?

Ive been a HUGE fan of Tintin since I read King Ottokar's Sceptre when I was 5 years old. Ive collected all the books, the animated tv show videos etc etc But as Lejuan said, aside from a couple of t-shirts I have never seen any collectibles. 1/6th,7inch any Tintin figures would be welcome! Im not sure but maybe the owners of Tintin's rights are just like Bill Watterson? :dunno

Thanks guys. I grew up with Tintin and the stories never seem old. Would love for more companies to get on the Tintin bandwagon and produce more quality statues for the fans. Here are some I have found / will get in future.

product_298_1.jpg

product_559_1.jpg

19692d1308255391-new-range-collectibles-adventures-tintin-1wetatintin1.jpg

tintin-snowy-statue.jpg

I'm not much of a fan of the comic itself but I've always liked the style of it (and others like it, like 'Blake and Mortimer'). I was recently looking into picking up figures/statues of some kind but all I could find for sale were small 10 - 15cm-tall figurines (and terribly priced too).

Perhaps you've already seen this, but in my searching I came across this sculptor's page, with some very impressive Tintin pieces:

https://www.sol3art.com/artistes_fr.___ml (the swear censor is ruining that link. If you want to see, on the end of the URL type in 'html' but with an 's' in front of the 'h')

PigeonSculpturesBD.jpg

450x387xBuste,P20Tintin,P20au,P20Mouchoir,P20,28c,29,P201994,P20Luc,P20de,P20Champris.jpg.pagespeed.ic.a_DGllqiqE.jpg

Wow! That's amazing! I would love to have that vase from the blue lotus. Dont want to know how much it costs tho. Lol. Beautiful work.

Thanks guys. I grew up with Tintin and the stories never seem old. Would love for more companies to get on the Tintin bandwagon and produce more quality statues for the fans. Here are some I have found / will get in future.

product_298_1.jpg

product_559_1.jpg

19692d1308255391-new-range-collectibles-adventures-tintin-1wetatintin1.jpg

tintin-snowy-statue.jpg

One of my best mates who's a huge Tin Tin fan, owns the 1st Statue shown & a few others to, they are nice pieces but I'd love to own a 1/6 Tin Tin from the movie coming up. He's an icon, so even if the films are a bit naff, I'd still want him.

Yeah. 1/6 figures based on the comic would be better than based on the new movie. I'm not digging the semi-realistic style they chose for the movie.

Back