Tinman’s First Custom…6th Scale Jawa

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tinman, would one of the 3A 3ago figures work for you? 20160903_223748.jpg20160904_142203.jpg

Well, they certainly are pricey...at least on eBay. From your pic it looks like the arms can't pivot and only bend at the elbow...do they have the ability of crossing the chest?

Guys, I'm still having difficulty finding a body to use for these Jawas; the wrestler figure (Bam Bam) just doesn't provide the articulation needed to hold the blaster with two hands...at least to hold it in a natural pose. I recently purchased a nice 12" body I thought I'd cut down to fit under the robe but in the end I compromised the integrity of the figure and it's like fitting 10 lbs. of crap into a 2 lb. bag. Can anyone provide thoughts or suggestions on a figure I could use; I've been looking at the Halo action figures but they don't seem like they'd fill out the shoulders or would be articulated enough?

Not sure about the size of your robe but I use 9" Halo figures and sand them down and chop them up. Tons of work.

Thanks for the insight and suggestions guys; the two links provided to the 8" figures show promise and though a little large, could probably be chopped down. When I get home tonight I'll look into the possibilities and get something on order...unfortunately, the one from KGHobby doesn't appear to be available yet.

No, but it should be pretty soon. There were pre-orders for the John Connor-figure (the reason there is a body in the first place) many months ago.

I don't know how good the articulation is on the Mego bodies, but it looks to be a good size. Did you order a short Jawa robe?

I didn't specifically order a "short" robe, I just ordered two Jawa robes and both appear to be on the short-side. The tallest robe I received would produce a 9" Jawa to the tip of the hood. I guess I should have been more specific and ordered a larger robe(s)...what's another $40 right?! Maybe I'll hold out for the KGHobby body since we're almost past the 3rd quarter although I'm sure that date isn't set in stone; also, I was browsing through the 8" Superstore site and it appears they have an arm and leg upgrade kit which may provide better articulation.

Yeah, I like the size compared to my SS R2-D2. I have something coming in today and may put one of those 8" Mego-like bodies with upgrade kit on order since they're pretty cheap. I really want to get the size of the body locked in so I can start working on the holster and other leather components; tomorrow I'm taking a trip to a leather store cause they're supposed to have thin goatskin in stock. I hope to get this project moving forward when all the parts come together.

I haven’t lost sight of this project and recently received a body I’m happy with. As suggested I looked into the 8 Inch Super Store and have been fighting with the guy to send me all that I paid for; he owes me a body and two upgrade kits and said he’d make good but hasn’t done so yet. His site has been down forever and I only noticed today it’s back up again. The 21cm teenager body is the perfect size for the robe I’m using after I removed one of the two leg extensions the body comes with. The downfall to the 21cm body, it seems cheaply made and fragile and the ankles won’t support the weight of the figure.

Here's a pic of the figure with the hands of a 12 inch figure:

IMG_8830.JPG

When removing the leg extensions the right-leg socket snapped so I had to correct the issue with some epoxy glue for a permanent fix:

IMG_8834.JPG

The figure doing a balancing act with the robe and blaster:

IMG_8839.JPG

Back