Time for another announcement!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No updated anything in the newsletter, for whedon fans.

Come on guys,let's let those Sideshow folk know that we want:

WESLEY,
ANYA(YANKA), DAWN, ILLYRIA, FRED, GUNN ERRRRR............SKIP???:chew

I have to admit I was really annoyed that they put Wesley on the show when I first started watching Angel. I thought it was just a cheap trick to get Buffy fans interested. Man was I ever wrong. Possibly the most interesting, conflicted charactor of the entire Buffy / Angel universe.

Darth Rage said:
I have to admit I was really annoyed that they put Wesley on the show when I first started watching Angel. I thought it was just a cheap trick to get Buffy fans interested. Man was I ever wrong. Possibly the most interesting, conflicted charactor of the entire Buffy / Angel universe.

I also wasn't too thrilled when Wesley replaced Doyle. I loved the character of Doyle and Wesley was a character on Buffy that I thought was mildly interesting and sometimes funny but annoyed me. So, how pleasantly surprised was I when he became my favorite character from Angel. I cannot imagine how the show would have been without him. He is as beloved a character as Giles is to the BtVS show and I hope we don't have the agonizingly long wait of getting him like we've had for Giles.

I was so bummed when they sacrificed Doyle, I loved his charactor. It took a few episodes for it to sink in for me that they weren't going to bring him back through some mystical means.

I think Sideshow should put DST in its place by making the one figure DST seems to keep putting off: Gunn.

For the Buffy line, I want Buffy or Anya to be next.

Darth Rage said:
I was so bummed when they sacrificed Doyle, I loved his charactor. It took a few episodes for it to sink in for me that they weren't going to bring him back through some mystical means.

I heard a rumor that the actor who played Doyle didn't get along with either the cast or crew and that he was replaced on that basis. Does anyone know for sure?

No, that's far from the truth. DB really got on extremly well with him, to the degree he really got upset when he heard of the news of the actors death.

The character was written out due the the actors increasing problems with drugs, and I belive that was cause of his death in the end.

sueworld said:
No, that's far from the truth. DB really got on extremly well with him, to the degree he really got upset when he heard of the news of the actors death.

The character was written out due the the actors increasing problems with drugs, and I belive that was cause of his death in the end.

Yeah thats the reason. They were all very sad of news of his death. They were very emotional on the set of Youre Welcome years later as it dealt with Doyle's character for some of it.

Yeah I recall seeing Charisma Carpenter say she was really sad when Doyle left... I think they felt some things in season 1 didn't work, which is why they got rid of Doyle and then Elizabeth Rohm. The tone of the series did change after the first season. For the better, imo.

IMO, it was for the worse. Kate and Doyle were two of the best characters on the show. Far better than Fred or Harmony or Lorne in my book.

I know I read once that Whedon had planned for Doyle to be temporary from the get-go, but I definitely believe he left because of the drug problem. I'm sure the character was meant to stick around.

sueworld said:

Thanks for the clarification everyone... sorry to hear that the man was so haunted by addiction.

Last edited:
I know a lot of people didn't like Kate but I enjoyed her character. That being said, it doesn't translate into me wanting a figure of her. I could see a Demon Doyle announcement, although that wouln't top my list either.

Of course we had him longer so he developed more as a character, but Wesley became my favorite character on the show. And if Doyle had stayed around, we may never have had Wesley at all. He and Illyria are the 2 most wanted for me (besides Skip of course).

I loved Doyle and he left a hole in the show that was not going to be filled by anyone including Wes...:monkey2

Wesley was an established character that went his own awesome/twisted way.

Personally I felt that they wrote Kate into a corner story-wise then told her to "go away." At least she ended up on a good series... Law and Order right?

Josette said:
IMO, it was for the worse. Kate and Doyle were two of the best characters on the show. Far better than Fred or Harmony or Lorne in my book.

I know I read once that Whedon had planned for Doyle to be temporary from the get-go, but I definitely believe he left because of the drug problem. I'm sure the character was meant to stick around.

Not to sound like a know-it-all or anything, but Doyle was ALWAYS planned to be temporary. Glenn Quinn had signed on for the first hand full of episodes and that was it. He knew his character was going to die whether he became popular or not.

BUFFY First Season SPOILER: It was similar to Jesse in Welcome to the Hellmouth on Buffy. Joss was going to have Eric Balfour in the opening credits and then make him a vampire and kill him off. It didn't work out for legal and contracts purposes, but Joss wanted to do that. He got his chance to do that with Doyle on Angel, but had him stick around for more episodes. Joss mentions this in the commentary on Welcome to the Hellmouth/The Harvest.
END SPOILER

I liked Doyle fine, but I have very little interest in a Doyle figure. There are far too many other Angel characters I would prefer to see. Doyle does have his fans though, so hopefully if they make Wes, Illyria, Fred, Gunn, Harmony, and Lilah, I'd be all for Doyle. Heck, I even prefer Connor and duplicate Cordelias before I'd want to see Doyle. But I would buy him if they made him!

Last edited:
deanandre said:
Not to sound like a know-it-all or anything, but Doyle was ALWAYS planned to be temporary. Glenn Quinn had signed on for the first hand full of episodes and that was it. He knew his character was going to die whether he became popular or not.

BUFFY First Season SPOILER: It was similar to Jesse in Welcome to the Hellmouth on Buffy. Joss was going to have Eric Balfour in the opening credits and then make him a vampire and kill him off. It didn't work out for legal and contracts purposes, but Joss wanted to do that. He got his chance to do that with Doyle on Angel, but had him stick around for more episodes. Joss mentions this in the commentary on Welcome to the Hellmouth/The Harvest.
END SPOILER

I liked Doyle fine, but I have very little interest in a Doyle figure. There are far to many other Angel characters I would prefer to see. Doyle does have his fans though, so hopefully if they make Wes, Illyria, Fred, Gunn, Harmony, and Lilah, I'd be all for Doyle. Heck, I even prefer Connor and duplicate Cordelias before I'd want to see Doyle. But I would buy him if they made him!

I remember that from the commentary as well and also reading Joss say it in some interviews too.

Back