Tim Bradstreet Punisher Redux

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thainer

Super Freak
Reaction score
Bought this head from Miketek a few years ago and painted it up and put it on a body but as it was one of my first figures I always hated it. Well, on the weekend I decided to do something about it. So I stripped all the paint off (and the way too thick milky coat of dullcote off) and repainted him. While I was at it I threw out the crappy Marvel Studios body I put it on and redid his outfit. He is now on a Mattel Ray Stantz body that I bought cheap off eBay just to see what it was like. He also has a Neca Matrix Uzi and a couple of Beretta's from my bits box. (one in his hand and one in a holster at his waist. He is also wearing a shoulder holster with a P226 or 8 in it.) I am pretty happy with the paint job. The 5 o'clock shadow is a little heavier than I wanted (black chalk is hard to work with sometimes) but the eyes (my usual downfall) turned out fairly even and eye-like, so overall I am happy. The coat is a Sideshow Spike coat with wires in all the seams for maximum poseability. And The Ray Stantz body is a little tall and lanky so the coat fits it very well. The shirt is from my wardrobe drawer with a skull dry-brushed on. I wanted it to look like Frank Castle just took a black t-shirt out of his drawer and sprayed the skull on with some spray paint from his basement.
IMG_1239.jpg

IMG_1238.jpg

IMG_1234.jpg

IMG_1230.jpg

IMG_1235.jpg

IMG_1233.jpg

IMG_1232.jpg

Really nice work on Frank.. I like the skin tones.

Tom

That is a sweet sculpt. Great job on it. I have one that Les painted for me. Just waiting for the vest to come back from the painter. My only suggestion would be to change the pants. I just can't see Punisher running around in leather pants.

I need to buy some pants. I didn't really want to use the leather ones either but that Mattel body is pretty narrow in the waist and the all the pants I have look like they were going to fall off him. Plus, I thought from a tactical standpoint leather might make sense. Bikers wear leather to protect themselves from road rash.

Back