Thulsa doom and thorgrim WIP

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Shocktrooper's head sculpts & paint ups WIP

xc81.jpg

A bit more work on the guy

Wow, nice! You are really great for this type customs!

Thanks Elar.... Fair way to go on this one... I really like to push my bounderies and make the ones I'm not likely to see commercially made, going from past experience some pieces will need to be redone later :( the tricky part is cladding him in armor and still mKing him look skinny. He should look great all gold

i missed your Excalibur work..........man that is too cool.

looks to be another home run on your armor work.....:clap

Whoa, this is very exciting! I can't wait to see how both of these come out! I'm a big fan of your work. Keep em coming!

Thanks guys, I've got 4 projects on the go at the moment, unfortunately I can only work on each when inspired to do, I get so far get stuck then while working on the next figure out how to do the last :p, working on mordred has resolved an issue I had on the hound which solves an issue I had on Thulsa :gah: each is at a different level of completion

I haven't seen the movie in ages but that armor is looking fantastic! :clap

I haven't seen the movie in ages but that armor is looking fantastic! :clap

Thanx mando, I need to watch it again it's one of those movies I watched so many times when I was younger, that I have bought and never needed to view it again :monkey1. Long ways off on the armour going to try something new for the chainmaille from the helmet too

Excellent job on Mordred and Thulsa's looking good, will you be offering Mordred as a kit too? As I would be interested in one having grown up with Excalibur's amazing armour too!

Last edited:

Shocktrooper, just saw your Sandor Clegane (the Hound) photos! I recently started a thread asking about Game of Thrones customs in the Customs section. You should post your pics of him in there!

lixj.jpg
aijf.jpg

A bit of a proof of concept, the sculpt is rough but then so is the prop, mordred with flexible aventail, not much interest in this fellow so I will just do as a personal project probably and will find a horse too

;) it should be a plasticy gold, but I'm all out of gold paint might have to go get some rub&buff wax

Found the gold paint and did a dry brush test to bring out some of the intended texture, also took the shots from a more natural viewing distance, the eyes and nose still need resculpting to tidy them up but I'm still happy with the result.
I like how the chainmaille also forms a faux mouth as well kinda creepy
cux4.jpg

9fjv.jpg

And here's some work I'm doing for a fellow freak,
More details then I was expecting on this one. But with the test paint up the design really pops (not shown)
Excuse the mess
zm6y.jpg

Amazing!! :clap:clap

Thanks mate I hope you like it and can see the progress.
Here's an update on the sculpt for mordred, a lot of row sculpting has been done to get it closer to the movie prop. With the eyes and nose redone and most of the hair especially to get it more accurate from the front view, really happy now and can move on I think. Now to redo the chainmaille
kib6.jpg

1zso.jpg

4bk5.jpg

cfp7.jpg

A couple of pics of the armour progressing, really happy but it's a lot of work

Back