Thulsa doom and thorgrim WIP

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Shocktrooper's head sculpts & paint ups WIP

Thanks GB, I wish I was more motivated but I'm back from my hiatus :wink1:

we will wait.....:wave

but i surely know the feeling.........not too motivated as of late and have several projects in progress. a certain one you have interest in.......:wink1:

The Hound is coming along really nicely! Love it.

we will wait.....:wave

but i surely know the feeling.........not too motivated as of late and have several projects in progress. a certain one you have interest in.......:wink1:

Hell's yeah :yess:, my problem is I get bogged down with the soft goods :monkey2 the armour I can just redo if I'm not happy, however I get my wife to help with soft goods and its hard to tell her she's crap (jk) but seriously I don't like getting her to redo things if I don't quite like it and I hate drawing patterns :thud:

But I'm back :yess:

The Hound is coming along really nicely! Love it.

Thanks mate, this is going to be the prototype, I'm going to go back and refine it. I based the helmet off the prop replica which is ironically a lot different from the real prop use on the tv show
photojun01211125.jpg

n6photojun01211125j

This was Thulsa though the body armour got binned so depressed me.... :( so I took a break

Last edited:

The new belt and armour for tigris
z9bz.jpg

Made from 3 pieces all in flexi and holds paint like A charm. Tinted black resin

One of those customs that comes from necessity rather than need, when my medi jango broke during posing a body swap was needed. Rather then mess with attaching the undersized medi head sculpt I decided to fit the ssc boba helm and repaint. It took a good couple of months to pluck up the courage, but at 1am last night I finally decided to try it. Really happy though I'm going to redo some ESP those black lines and some general tidy up
vx4m.jpg

cyr7.jpg

I will probably fill in the dent as well, plus a gloss coate and minor weathering

Found this fabric today to replace the current skirt on my Tigris
Does a much better job, up close it's almost had a mesh effect
knd9.jpg

c2zj.jpg

uart.jpg

It will come in handy for a few projects I think

These are very cool Troop, I'm loving the Jango. The Boba head is the perfect size for the body.

These are very cool Troop, I'm loving the Jango. The Boba head is the perfect size for the body.

Thanks, got to say thought the same aftèr the body swap the medi was just too small. Well after many months Tigris is nearly complete, many times he's made me pause and consider if I should continue, but finally with small minor weathering and touch ups he's done, I'm very proud of this guy and out if the few customs I've done he's the first to be approaching the levels I'd expect from a bought company And not as fragile as my other customs.a custom base or diorama will have to be on tge to do list. A few shots, this is fresh cast as my other helm was my test with a major flaw and the painting was over done in many layers which softened the sculpt, rather then go for the movie full silver look I dry brushed over black and allowed for the scaled painted shadowing to bring out the detail

5i3w.jpg

Here you can just see the working chin strap , my first attempt ( the visor in in a fixed position)
kdvr.jpg

We who are about to die, we salute you
g8sv.jpg

Last edited:

Really nice! I've yet to start on the kit you sold me but it is right in front of me, I've just got so many projects that need to be finished off before I start another! Talking of which, any progress pics of Thulsa Doom, I'm really curious about how you're tackling him, I guess some kind of impression making stencil might help with the armour detail.

Really nice! I've yet to start on the kit you sold me but it is right in front of me, I've just got so many projects that need to be finished off before I start another! Talking of which, any progress pics of Thulsa Doom, I'm really curious about how you're tackling him, I guess some kind of impression making stencil might help with the armour detail.

photojun06201211.jpg

photojun01211147.jpg

Slow progress I'm afraid but it will get there. Details are all formed by hand too no stamps :(

Last edited:

Another project started
Mordred from Excalibur full armour set, hopefully this will inspire me to progress on the hound and thulsa doom. I've also got a private commission underway just need the silicone to proceed, ( hopefully this week)
ybf1.jpg

Back