Throne Of The Slayer

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Four hundred strikes me a lot. The Star Wars Ex has the same ed run.
Both should have been 100-200. Now that's an Ex size.

:D

Four hundred strikes me a lot. The Star Wars Ex has the same ed run.
Both should have been 100-200. Now that's an Ex size.

:D
An edition size of 100-200 pieces would also be an excellent argument for canceling this line before the first piece ships.

:(

buffyIsBack.png

An edition size of 100-200 pieces would also be an excellent argument for canceling this line before the first piece ships.

:(

buffyIsBack.png

????

What makes you say that?
I have found that low Ex runs generally help create a cool buzz about a piece.
It might have even made some people forget that this piece doesn't even look like SMG.

:)

????

What makes you say that?
I have found that low Ex runs generally help create a cool buzz about a piece.
It might have even made some people forget that this piece doesn't even look like SMG.

:)
Low edition sizes for items that are repurposed, such as the Universal Monsters Silver Screen Editions or paint variants like gray Hulks can be profitable for the manufacturer since the R&D is done, the talent has been paid, etc. The company can also charge a premium for these pieces, due to the perceived value added of a lower edition size.

But in the case of the Buffy maquettes, the more Sideshow can sell, the more profitable the line is for them and the more likely that they will continue to produce additional characters. 400 pieces for the exclusive isn't very high considering that the regular edition will probably sell less, and an allocation of that run will be sold at wholesale to retailers.

If the Buffy exclusive sold only 200 pieces and Faith and Willow even less than that, buh-bye Buffy Maquettes!

Just my opinion and your logic may vary! :)

buffyIsBack.png

Low edition sizes for items that are repurposed, such as the Universal Monsters Silver Screen Editions or paint variants like gray Hulks can be profitable for the manufacturer since the R&D is done, the talent has been paid, etc. The company can also charge a premium for these pieces, due to the perceived value added of a lower edition size.

But in the case of the Buffy maquettes, the more Sideshow can sell, the more profitable the line is for them and the more likely that they will continue to produce additional characters. 400 pieces for the exclusive isn't very high considering that the regular edition will probably sell less, and an allocation of that run will be sold at wholesale to retailers.

If the Buffy exclusive sold only 200 pieces and Faith and Willow even less than that, buh-bye Buffy Maquettes!

Just my opinion and your logic may vary! :)

buffyIsBack.png

I bet the regular will sell pretty well because most people who buy the regular get it from a different source for cheaper.

Again, cutting into Sideshow's bottom line! :)
buffyIsBack.png

Umm, well that is how Sideshow does business. They sell their statues to other business to sell so they figure that into their profits already. Plus they make a killing on these types of statues anyway.

Everyone knows and even Sideshow does that you only buy from Sideshow if you want the exclusive. They know this...trust me.

Umm, well that is how Sideshow does business. They sell their statues to other business to sell so they figure that into their profits already. Plus they make a killing on these types of statues anyway.

Everyone knows and even Sideshow does that you only buy from Sideshow if you want the exclusive. They know this...trust me.

Oh really? I have received exclusives outside of SS. So I find your point flawed.

Oh really? I have received exclusives outside of SS. So I find your point flawed.

Well that si because they most likely obtain them specifically themselves, pay full price and then have to jack it up to make money. The way I understand Sideshow does specifically sell exclusives to other companies to sell directly just the regular editions. Once again, Sideshow is a business so they understand that and take that into account with their regulars.

For example, Razors Edge collectibles has an exclusive piece now and then and I bet they bought it like everyone else does. That is why their price no the exclusive is always $50 to a $100 more.

Well that si because they most likely obtain them specifically themselves, pay full price and then have to jack it up to make money. The way I understand Sideshow does specifically sell exclusives to other companies to sell directly just the regular editions. Once again, Sideshow is a business so they understand that and take that into account with their regulars.

For example, Razors Edge collectibles has an exclusive piece now and then and I bet they bought it like everyone else does. That is why their price no the exclusive is always $50 to a $100 more.

Kristen Bell is hot!

Back