Threezero TWD Season 7 Rick Grimes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If the size differnece is too big it probably won't work with the help of a hair dryer alone, true...
You could try sanding the WorldBox peg down a little. But be careful: don't sand off too much at once.
Yeah will try sand it down if I can, the ankles can be removed to put something else instead but will test it :)

What a nightmare with the body swap. After heating up the boots with a heatgun I tried pulling the original ankles pegs out from the boots and one end of the pegs snapped off. In the other boot I was able to get the peg out but the socket inside the boot snapped in half. After 2 hours of dremeling out the stuck peg, dremeling down the Worldbox pegs, the job is now complete.

Attachments

• 20240427_141700.jpg
    20240427_141700.jpg
    793.4 KB · Views: 0
What a nightmare with the body swap. After heating up the boots with a heatgun I tried pulling the original ankles pegs out from the boots and one end of the pegs snapped off. In the other boot I was able to get the peg out but the socket inside the boot snapped in half. After 2 hours of dremeling out the stuck peg, dremeling down the Worldbox pegs, the job is now complete.
Nice, good job although it sounded like a pain lol. How did you sort out the socket inside the boot that snapped in half?

What a nightmare with the body swap.
Yup! Doing a body swap for a 3Z figure is just that, a nightmare. They're ankle ball joints are ever so slightly smaller than standard, so that alone causes a headache when trying to body swap. Then, depending on which of their bodies they're using, it may have the more unique wrist joints as well (like the Rambo, Storm Shadow and Roadbock figures) that don't work with standard bodies either so again, you have to do some modifications to get them to work. They make it way too difficult. Not looking forward to the shenanigans I'll need to do to make the new Thor arms work with the Storm Shadow figure.

Last edited:
So more questions about doing a body swap for this.

Im sure people have way more experience with changing the bodys for 1/6 scale figures with clothes than i do.

But for the people that changed the body on this Rick Grimes figure how did you get the shirt off because the top button section area is actually sewn shut so i do not see a way to get the arms out without damaging the shirt?

Nice, good job although it sounded like a pain lol. How did you sort out the socket inside the boot that snapped in half?
I used Gorilla Super Gel glue and glued the socket back together. It was tricky getting the half broken socket to line up correctly with the other half inside the boot. Had to use tweezers to hold the broken socket and be able to get it inside the boot.

So more questions about doing a body swap for this.

Im sure people have way more experience with changing the bodys for 1/6 scale figures with clothes than i do.

But for the people that changed the body on this Rick Grimes figure how did you get the shirt off because the top button section area is actually sewn shut so i do not see a way to get the arms out without damaging the shirt?
You have to pull his arms all the way back and then you can pull up and pull off the shirt. This YouTube video shows the disassembly of the figure.
Rick Grimes video

Back