ThreeZero Toys: 1:6 AMC's The Walking Dead Michonne's Pet Walkers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: ThreeZero Toys: 1:6 AMC's The Walking Dead

If this line would have been released on a more consistent basis beginning two years ago, I might be all in, but with this delay, I have moved on to other priorities that bump this out of the way. I really hope all of you get the figures you have been wanting for so long sooner rather than later. I think they will be made, I just don't understand what is taking so long.

Agree. I'm still interested, but with star wars going ape I'll probably only be in for Rick and maybe Michonne or Daryl. Fortunately two of the three are the rumored ones coming.

I've stuck up for them before, I love their choices in licenses, but they need to get their act together here. I especially want the S3/4 Rick.

Not only the waiting, but the timing release of particular characters is totally off. As new ppl show up now, characters like Shane or Merle slip further out of memory and relevance. I'm just so disappointed in how this was handled. I know I'm repeating myself.

Not only the waiting, but the timing release of particular characters is totally off. As new ppl show up now, characters like Shane or Merle slip further out of memory and relevance.

I totally agree. Just like Ripley, Marty McFly, John Matrix, Keaton Bruce Wayne, Beetlejuice, Ash, Indiana Jones, Walter White and a few more that have slipped from memory... ;)

I totally disagree with your argument. The ppl you mentioned are main characters of their own movie/show. Conversely, TWD essentially has a rotating ensemble cast. Characters are critical to a story and then die. Ex - merle, the governor, shane, hershel. But because we're always moving on to new characters the window of interest on many characters peaks, then wanes (i would argue anyway).

Once interest wanes in the dead character and new characetrs are introduced i think ppl are somewhat less interested in buying a fig of a character from 3 years ago. I think you sell more figures when that character is germane to the current story. The best time to sell shane was in close proximity to the rick/shane battle, not The rick/governor battle. When rick is fighting neegan shane will be even in less demand imo because he was so long ago.

I totally disagree with your argument. The ppl you mentioned are main characters of their own movie/show. Conversely, TWD essentially has a rotating ensemble cast. Characters are critical to a story and then die. Ex - merle, the governor, shane, hershel. But because we're always moving on to new characters the window of interest on many characters peaks, then wanes (i would argue anyway).

Once interest wanes in the dead character and new characetrs are introduced i think ppl are somewhat less interested in buying a fig of a character from 3 years ago. I think you sell more figures when that character is germane to the current story. The best time to sell shane was in close proximity to the rick/shane battle, not The rick/governor battle. When rick is fighting neegan shane will be even in less demand imo because he was so long ago.

I heartily agree with you

:goodpost::exactly:

I was watching a season 3 episode the other day, and got rather disappointed when I thought that we'd never get a few characters that have either died or become less relevant to the over-all story of the show. If it takes them this long to release a Rick, Daryl, or Michonne, I lose hope we'll see the characters that are more or less supporting characters.

I don't think the people who are mostly interested in 1/6 pop-culture collectibles care one bit which characters are currently on a show, let alone if the show is still on the air. Whatever the case, it's irrelevant anyway, seeing as product licenses are not perpetual and given a fixed period of production there will only ever be a fixed set of cast on any show where cast are cycled. If there is less interest in a non primary character after the fact, there was simply less interest all along. TWD is not Star Wars, but there's a fine example if there ever was one about the everlasting appeal if bit characters.

But I'm not here to argue anyway. You'll get what you get when the products are unveiled.

I honestly don't mind the wait on Threezero. The only things that are tiring are the endless whining, moaning and disparaging comments against Threezero.

Last edited:

It blows my mind after people have said it time and time again, threezero does not have the power to just produce things. The licensor has to approve it before it can go anywhere.

threezero has done all they can to show that they've done things and getting work done. They're not prioritizing Titanfall over Walking Dead. Titanfall is getting approved and Walking Dead isn't, and there's not a damn thing threezero can do about it.

Titanfall is getting approved and Walking Dead isn't, and there's not a damn thing threezero can do about it.

Surely they can build a time-machine so they can go back in time and release Shane before he's forgotten? ;) Screw it, might as well wait for Hot Toys. Drax who?

Pix, you dont want to start comparing track records between HT and 3 zero. :)

You can't compare characters from films made 25+ years ago to a TV show from today. Marty, Ripley and Keaton Batman are all iconic characters that have had loyal fanbases for decades.

What ended up being the problem with that Merle prototype that they showed 2 years ago? ThreeZero look like they have done a lot of work with the line as we've already seen 3 different figures that they're working on, but nothing is going up for preorder.

I just hope they don't shove 4 figures up for preorder all at once because that it a lot to pay out in advance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You can't compare characters from films made 25+ years ago to a TV show from today.

That's interesting, because if you look up above, I did just that. ;) One person's icon is another person's "who cares?" - I don't judge. 1/6 figures are for super fans. Real super fans don't care that a show is off the air nor if a character is dead. Not that I'd expect them to make Shane anyway.

They are working on Rick and Michonne at the moment according to their latest posts to Facebook - those are the two they will be showing/releasing "when they're ready."

Last edited:

You can't compare characters from films made 25+ years ago to a TV show from today. Marty, Ripley and Keaton Batman are all iconic characters that have had loyal fanbases for decades.

What ended up being the problem with that Merle prototype that they showed 2 years ago? ThreeZero look like they have done a lot of work with the line as we've already seen 3 different figures that they're working on, but nothing is going up for preorder.

I just hope they don't shove 4 figures up for preorder all at once because that it a lot to pay out in advance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes please. Rick, Michonne, Daryl, Carl.

I can't believe this line still has nothing to show besides a couple of chained walkers.

I thought I saw a picture a while back of a merle Dixon that was along side the chain walkers? not sure what happen to this?

Back