ThreeZero Toys: 1:6 AMC's The Walking Dead Michonne's Pet Walkers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: ThreeZero Toys: 1:6 AMC's The Walking Dead

Sorry.....but I still think Sosas sculpt was much better. Cant see the likeness here.

I think you mean "won't see the likeness" :) It's there, it's not dead-on by a long shot, but it's there. I can't say the same about the Sosa sculpt you mentioned. When was the last time you peeked at it?

The Sosa: Maybe if it's supposed to be a Zombie Merle, but otherwise, it looks like it wasn't based on the actor and sculpted purely from memory. It's very intricate sculpt, it's just not a sculpt of Michael Rooker by any stretch of the imagination.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.477614535655066.1073741911.261529690596886&type=3

1185567_508328665916986_1321714171_n.jpg

Makes for a decent Ape Man though.

Anyone got an email about the orders yet ?

IMO, case closed. Very nice effort from ThreeZero. This line is off to a great start.

IMO, case closed. Very nice effort from ThreeZero. This line is off to a great start.

Yip - I think it looks really good - not great but the close up pics may distort it somewhat, I think in hand it will look just fine.

In that shot, that looks very well done. Nice sculpt and paint.

I think you mean "won't see the likeness" :) It's there, it's not dead-on by a long shot, but it's there. I can't say the same about the Sosa sculpt you mentioned. When was the last time you peeked at it?

The Sosa: Maybe if it's supposed to be a Zombie Merle, but otherwise, it looks like it wasn't based on the actor and sculpted purely from memory. It's very intricate sculpt, it's just not a sculpt of Michael Rooker by any stretch of the imagination.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.477614535655066.1073741911.261529690596886&type=3

1185567_508328665916986_1321714171_n.jpg

Makes for a decent Ape Man though.

I look at it quite a bit considering I own one, and yes...it does look like him more than the 3Zero one. I don't know what you're looking at or maybe adjust your glasses or something. The 3Zero has too long of a nose and forehead and the jaw structure is off. Its a good figure though and I like it....but it's not even close to Rooker. If you don't own the Sosa aculpt and can't see it in hand, then you have no idea. Here's to hoping the other figures look better though.

If you don't own the Sosa aculpt and can't see it in hand, then you have no idea.

But you don't have the 3Zero sculpt in hand, so wouldn't your advice apply to you as well?

However, I think I have a pretty good idea from looking at al the images. Since I have neither in hand, I feel photos-only on both accounts provides a more objective balanced viewpoint.

So do none of the images on that Facebok page look anything like the Sosa sculpt you have? Because not a painted one looks anything remotely close to Michael Rooker. I'll grant you that different paint apps can affect greatly what a portrait looks like, but this one while much better without paint (in these examples), still looks far inferior in terms of likeness when compared to the 3Zero version. Yes, the 3Zero seems too long in some photos, but given how that's changed from image to image, based on my experience, I'm chalking that up to perspective/angle exaggeration.

999668_477614558988397_151376425_n.jpg
1185891_504044536345399_1393144118_n.jpg

Post up a picture of the one you have in your possession, I'm sure a lot of folks would love to compare.

Yea, I agree that the 3Zero Merle looks better than the Sosa sculpt but to each his/her own I guess.

The orders are back on line,if you click on your order status says:

Congrats, thanks for your order.

Please see the status for each of your items below.
Order ID: XXXXXXXX
Items We Ship
Item Type Qty Status Delivery
Michonne's Pet Zombies Figures (Pre-Order)
Premium Product 1

I guess we are good to go.:yess:

Items We Ship
Premium Product 1

Interesting. I'm really ok w/ whatever happens here since I wasn't planning on getting these. If it converts, it's a great deal & I can't pass that up. If they end up canceling on us, well then my money will go towards some other 1/6 figure.

Items We Ship
Premium Product 1

Mine is back up also

Interesting. I'm really ok w/ whatever happens here since I wasn't planning on getting these. If it converts, it's a great deal & I can't pass that up. If they end up canceling on us, well then my money will go towards some other 1/6 figure.

Agreed, I feel the same way

Back