threezero is expanding the 1:6 GI JOE line for 2022!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't mind the wait between release. Like everyone else, there are other figures I have/want on PO that cost more than these guys do, so a break is always welcome.

Idk, I liked my Sideshow figures well enough. Though, there's no denying that the bodies at the very least on the original Sideshow figures are pretty bad, especially the gummy knees on a few releases due tot he soft plastic ratches being used in the joints. If I recall, even back then, that was a regular gripe with the figures. On the same side, they were pretty nice for the time with a good amount of accessories for each character. I was late to collecting them and knew full well what I was getting into with the line and had the intent on customizing them to suit my person preference from the get go.

However, if anyone was only holding onto Sideshow ones b/c that's all that was available until now, but were otherwise unhappy with the overall interpretation of those figures, there's nothing wrong with wanting to ditch the Sideshow figures and replace with the 3Z figures. I'll be keeping Timber, and a few accessories from other releases and selling the parts I don't want. If it turns out that 3Z abandons the line, then I think I'll be fine with selling any Joes I have at that time and just do without them represented in my collection.

Sideshow should have partnered with an established 1/6th military brand like DAM Toys or Soldier Story to do the GI Joe RAH line. Those military lines were established and had preexisting weapons molds, uniforms, gear, etc, etc. That would have dropped some of the tooling costs dramatically as a lot of it could have been reused. Also the bodies in those military lines were much better than the Sideshow body type.

Sideshow should have partnered with an established 1/6th military brand like DAM Toys or Soldier Story to do the GI Joe RAH line. Those military lines were established and had preexisting weapons molds, uniforms, gear, etc, etc. That would have dropped some of the tooling costs dramatically as a lot of it could have been reused. Also the bodies in those military lines were much better than the Sideshow body type.
--

Nowadays, Sideshow should never partner with any other brand because they'll **** up the other brand.

1ST QTR 2022 is almost over and 2ND QTR 2022 begins in April.

Since 2021 through this month, we got Snake Eyes, Deadgame Snake Eyes aka Dead Eyes aka Snakepool (BBTS Exclusive), Storm Shadow, and Camouflage Storm Shadow (Diamond Exclusive).

So what are the next characters/figures announced?

Will they be the ones previewed previously or unannounced/surprised characters?

Will they be released before the end of 2022?

Will they be regular releases or exclusives?

Will the MSRP stay the same or possibly go up?

Will production design and quality remain consistent or improve?

I wasn’t thrilled with what we got… the next releases need to be shockers… another cobra commander won’t do it for me

I wasn’t thrilled with what we got… the next releases need to be shockers… another cobra commander won’t do it for me
--

I know what you mean.

Personally, I'm good with the figures released so far.

I hope the next one is Firefly, Lady Jaye, Scarlett, or The Baroness.

If they go for a "far out from left field totally unexpected", maybe a B.A.T., Gung-Ho, Sci-Fi, or Tomax & Xamot (double pack).

AM-JKLXqNOv6TrrmeC0o_i-8OFZVTC5YvlyOe84RZ9AIQnK3AS16TAnBXokeRXqzZ42gahVMTedSvadkwmeFrHRmwrNVbt8ooJD3SI3uvO6ysRqEQJIyh71g7VvXQ_DtcMyKAolWdXzeKGUm-l5AdMFu0o-1=w1170-h1755-no

Now that’s a surprise. Looks pretty good. I might have picked up him in his classic camo shirt but I’ll probably pass on this one.

Hope we get Duke, and Cobra Commander, Zartan would be great also for a follow up hell even Destro, Baroness, Scarlett.

Very nice surprise! Looking forward to the full reveal!

Hope we get Duke, and Cobra Commander, Zartan would be great also for a follow up hell even Destro, Baroness, Scarlett.
From their Blog post:

"The next characters in our line-up include Roadblock, Lady Jaye, Scarlett, and Duke from Team Joe.

Of course, we have not forgotten the ruthless Cobra organization, and you can look forward to Firefly, Baroness, and Destro who are also in development!"

So. they have most of your wants lined up. Just need confirmation on Cobra Commander and Zartan. I really hope they make those two as well as Flint. Would also love a Commando Snake Eyes with Timber like the Classifieds set.

wow. that looks good. Good time to be a Joe fan. Almost like being a kid again.
Ehh....Roadblock looks all right. His face looks a little cartoony to me, the .50 Caliber is shiny black instead of gunmetal grey and the boots look tiny-shiny but, I need a RB so I'm in. I'll applaud the attempt with a purchase unless the price point is out-of-whack and if he doesn't tower over the other figures.

Ehh....Roadblock looks all right. His face looks a little cartoony to me, the .50 Caliber is shiny black instead of gunmetal grey and the boots look tiny-shiny but, I need a RB so I'm in. I'll applaud the attempt with a purchase unless the price point is out-of-whack and if he doesn't tower over the other figures.
--

1648478894387.png

I'm good with it.

Sideshow never produced Roadblock and we're getting the 1986 iteration of the character asides from the difference with the heavy machine gun.

We'll likely see the 1984 version as an exclusive (Diamond Comics) like the camouflage Storm Shadow.

1648479334998.png

Looks good, but I already have a Roadblock in my collection that I’m satisfied with.

Back