ThreeZero Game of Thrones!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well that sucks. Somebody was working on a Bronn that I was hoping for. Thanks for the info.
IMG_4364.jpg
Jaime & Tyrion:)

Wow, was it you that was working on Bronn's sculpt? I was on the interested list...now it's gone!!

Wow, was it you that was working on Bronn's sculpt? I was on the interested list...now it's gone!!

Not definitely gone. As fas as I know, the admins have backups of the customs forum, and somehow I think they'll be restored elsewhere. The projects are still in the works, some of them in Facebook, some in other forums.

Need some advice guys. I just noticed today that my tyrions left arm pops out of its socket with very little effort. I undressed the figure and found inside the shoulder socket, a slight crack. I'm thinking the crack is making the hole slightly bigger than it should be, which is making the peg fall out. Does anyone have any ideas on how I can repair this? Can the socket be replaced? I'm pretty upset that I've had this figure for two years and never noticed it until now. I didn't really move his arms much.

IMG_20180713_223114.jpg
IMG_20180713_223122.jpg

Isn't there a trick where you can spray something on the ball joint that stiffens up loose joints? I wanna say ... hair spray? I know I've heard something like that. I'm pretty sure I didn't just make that up! Help me out here, guys!

Isn't there a trick where you can spray something on the ball joint that stiffens up loose joints? I wanna say ... hair spray? I know I've heard something like that. I'm pretty sure I didn't just make that up! Help me out here, guys!

Most people use either clear nail polish or Pledge future finish floor cleaner I think? I personally just stick some paper in there because it’s easy and nonpermanent.
I don’t think doing so would make the crack bigger since there wouldn’t be anywhere for the socket to go with the joint in there but I also can’t say for certain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most people use either clear nail polish or Pledge future finish floor cleaner I think? I personally just stick some paper in there because it’s easy and nonpermanent.
I don’t think doing so would make the crack bigger since there wouldn’t be anywhere for the socket to go with the joint in there but I also can’t say for certain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

*slaps forehead*

Yes! Nail polish! That's the one I was thinking of! Thank you!

Don't quote me on this because I've never tried it myself, but I believe you paint a layer onto the ball (or the socket, I'm not sure it makes a difference), let it dry, and then plug the arm back in to test the fit. If it's still loose, pop it out and try applying another layer.

Anybody who's done it before, please jump in and correct me if I'm wrong!

*edit* Yep, what Bucky said. :)

Apply a coat to the ball part. Leave it to dry properly & test. More coats if it's still too loose.

I'd try to glue up that crack in the socket too. Other wise it will keep opening up if you make the ball bigger.

*edit* Yep, what Bucky said. :)

Apply a coat to the ball part. Leave it to dry properly & test. More coats if it's still too loose.

I'd try to glue up that crack in the socket too. Other wise it will keep opening up if you make the ball bigger.

Thank you, can you recommend a glue?

The socket will need to be fixed before you do any nail polish or futureshine to tighten the joint. If the joint can be glued then pressure applied to create a decent seal wibetween the two edges you night be ok. In my experience once the sockets integrity is compromised it's bound to break again or reseparate. Good luck.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

The socket will need to be fixed before you do any nail polish or futureshine to tighten the joint. If the joint can be glued then pressure applied to create a decent seal wibetween the two edges you night be ok. In my experience once the sockets integrity is compromised it's bound to break again or reseparate. Good luck.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Alright thanks, no chance of being able to replace the socket right?

Back