ThreeZero Game of Thrones!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm keeping in mind this is still a WIP so hopefully the changes that are made will make a good figure into a great one. Right now my biggest nits are the likeness, which still needs improving especially around the eyes which look too small but could be the angle of the shot. The head does look a little out of proportion and the hair is not only the wrong color, but quite thick (again could be angle of photo). That said, I'd pick this up as is, but any improvement is more icing on the cake.

I'm sure Dinklage has seen it and given the okay, so who are we to judge?? Other than that, I can't find much to fault in that figure other than the headsculpt, I think it looks pretty good.

Well, we are more likely to be a harsh judge than the talent themselves. I know of one actor whose hair dresser was the final word on portrait for merchandising and was impossible to please. There are others that figure, "well, it's just a toy, I don't care" and don't even look at it.

So it is up to us to give feedback and some companies do listen. However we need all the information in order to give that feedback. "The hair is not the right color" is a legitimate comment, as that is obvious for all to see. However the portrait on this figure, in this photo, doesn't look very much like the portrait we've already seen. So I don't feel like I can comment on the portrait aside from hair color, and perhaps that it does appear to be undersized compared to the actor's head/body size ratio. Of course we don't know the scale of this figure. Perhaps the head is just the right size and the body is oversized for the scale.

Another constructive comment might be "the belt buckle is the wrong shape" - I'm looking at the picture of the actor in this costume and can see that the buckle should be oval rather than square as it is on the prototype.

This was just posted in the Walking Dead thread:

1601297_599514596799446_147864114_n.jpg

Size looks about right. The head could stand to be a smidge bigger (Dinklage seems to have a huge head to me, but it could be the hairstyle adding to that look), but if that was the size of head and body we get, I'd be happy with that for sure. No giant Hobbits here.

Yeah, proportions in that pic look fairly accurate. I found another photo that shows Tyrion's head size. In comparison to Cersei, it's gigantic. But compared to Jaime, it's roughly the same. I think ThreeZero did pretty good.

Tyrion-Lannister-tyrion-lannister-29791171-415-610.jpg

Here are some more photos of the costume I happened upon today on Yahoo.

got-kings-landing-costumes1_2040_verge_super_wide.jpg

game-of-thrones-exhibit-nyc23_2040_verge_super_wide.jpg

The costume choice as an odd one. The pattern doesn't really translate well into 1/6 scale. This is the costume I think of when I picture Tyrion Lannister.

tumblr_static_tyrion-lannister-tyrion-lannister-23793056-600-900.jpg

I'm hoping not to come off as a jerk being harsh with feedback and I want to do so constructively because I believe it's more effective and that members of three zero read the forums? Which is great, we are your audience and we appreciate the opportunity to share our thoughts with you.

I mean all my feedback as encouragement for better product but I'm not very impressed with the prototype. I fully understand that the intent is to improve upon it so hopefully this proves as an opportunity to say what needs improvement.

I'm not a huge GOT freak but the best thing about GOT is Dinkledge by a mile, so I'm really happy to see the character is the first offering as opposed to some obscure thing like they did with the walking dead.

The biggest problem with what is shownhere is that the sculpt, likeness, clothing, plastic choice and especially paint work isn't up to par with what this community expects from 1/6 offerings it looks like a toy and not in the good way, now I know three zero has some kinks to work out but I beg them not to rush out product until they work these kinks out. Almost for their own sake if anything, sitting on two licences that are huge, I don't know how they got it and from their work thus far, it's kind of unfortunate they did but it just means the pressure is on. If they knock it out of the park they can be catapulted into superstardom and be a worthy competitor of hot toys, Enterbay makes great product but don't get all the top licences or if they do hot toys just gets them and does it better and this squashes them. Hot toys is a sitting duck right now if you ask me, they are churning out iron mans and no doubt making money off it but they are neglecting other properties. Sure they don't need to do a license like the crow which is why they did a **** job on it, it makes them no money. They are neglecting a huge portion of the market and it doesn't exist in obscure cult licences like the crow or even flavour of the month things like the Robocop reboot, but these tv shows with scifi or geek culture roots are a fricking gold mine because of their mass and international appeal. GOT and Walking Dead can be a massive gold mine but you are targeting the most fickle market in collecting here three zero, far more than statue collectors or seven inch figure collectors. Your product needs to be astounding because the lisence you carry is simply not enough, if your product is not up to the level of your competition or close it's better to stick to statues and busts or figures where the expectation of detail accuracy and realism is not as high.

There zero you need to do better, don't drop the ball here.

Right now they are sitting at the same level as Asmus, totally a waste the LOTR license went to them because the product is sub par.

This may sound overly harsh because the company says they intend to improve and what's shown is just rough, that's great and all but I worry because the Merle to the Robocop to this Dinkledge has not shown any improvement at all and a questionable level of excellence.
are you serious? a total waste? no one would have the bloody license if they hadn't bought it and they are doing a fine job, as are three zero, these figures aren't hot toys quality but they aren't charging $300 per figure so its fine

Not quite sure how I feel about it right now, but it's just one prototype pic so no need to worry.

A few things that bug me, as others have mentioned:

1. Head seems a bit small
2. Not enough blonde in the hair
3. Shoes/feet seem a bit small
4 The patterns cut out in the suit seem way too large.

All in all though I think it looks good. Very interested to see the price and accessories. I don't think it should be over $150 based on what we've seen so far.

I like the costume choice a lot! It is interesting and looks intricate.

I am surprised about the disappoinment. The proportions look fine and I wouldn't like a bobble-head, personally. Altho I agree his hair doesn't look right: too thick and wrong color. Overall 3Zero did better than I expected.

Likeness in the head sculpt is disappointing. Was hoping it would be spot on but this went from a probable purchase to an unlikely one for me personally.

Not quite sure how I feel about it right now, but it's just one prototype pic so no need to worry.

A few things that bug me, as others have mentioned:

1. Head seems a bit small
2. Not enough blonde in the hair
3. Shoes/feet seem a bit small
4 The patterns cut out in the suit seem way too large.

All in all though I think it looks good. Very interested to see the price and accessories. I don't think it should be over $150 based on what we've seen so far.

The pattern does seem big, color looks off too. Still, I really feel like this pic isn't showing the outfit off very well.

Oh, and I think he looks great standing next to Merle and others up there. :)

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

Yeah now that you mention it the head size does look more in proportion in the pic of him next to Merle.

The overall height looks fantastic IMO.

You guys nit pic too much. If the hair needs more blond...paint it. For the PRICE its well worth it in my opinion...That is if its around the same price as TWD.

are you serious? a total waste? no one would have the bloody license if they hadn't bought it and they are doing a fine job, as are three zero, these figures aren't hot toys quality but they aren't charging $300 per figure so its fine

Hence my point about "nothing is better" plus AcI also has the lisence, not that they are that much better of a company.

"Fine" isn't good enough for me. That lisence deserves "great" even something without the worry of likeness and human realism like the witch king turned out poorly and needed heavy mods to look half decent, the gandalf.. Not good! Poor likeness not do great paint dated looking sculpting, we will wait until it's released for final opinion but it's looking dim.

Hence my point about "nothing is better" plus AcI also has the lisence, not that they are that much better of a company.

"Fine" isn't good enough for me. That lisence deserves "great" even something without the worry of likeness and human realism like the witch king turned out poorly and needed heavy mods to look half decent, the gandalf.. Not good! Poor likeness not do great paint dated looking sculpting, we will wait until it's released for final opinion but it's looking dim.
I'm sorry but you're insulting as hell. For someone who says they are giving "constructive" criticism all you seem to be doing is bashing the companies. The LOTR license may deserve "great" but being as no one was beating down the door to get it I will gladly settle for good. The Witch King turned out great, right out of the box. The body is lacking but they realize that and are taking steps to remedy that. If you think the released pics of Gandalf are no good then I think the problem is you and not that manufacturers. Anything short of perfection is not good enough for you.

As far as the first figure from GOT. I don't have HBO so I've never watched the show. It's plain to see that the hair is off but from what is shown the figure looks great. Maybe not "perfect" like some expect but great none the less.

Sheesh. Harsh. So far I think Asmus is doing fine. Witch King was pretty awesome. The body sucked but everything else was pretty great. Besides, I paid $150 for mine. I lucked out with the body too. I think most people were happy with the Witch King. Plus, I keep hearing excitement and anticipation for future figures from them.Gothmog looks great and Gandalf looks good too. The likeness is off but its no more off than some of these HT and Rain man figures.

Ok, now what was your issue with the Pets? They look simply excellent. Its not what I would have expected for a first release but they're not THAT weird. They are THE iconic zombies from WD from way back in the comics.

I am going to pick this midget,strip him naked,take the costume,and throw his naked a$$ to wolves.

You guys nit pic too much. If the hair needs more blond...paint it. For the PRICE its well worth it in my opinion...That is if its around the same price as TWD.

So, we have to paint the figure cause the designers are too stupid to get it right?
Lol.

Sheesh. Harsh. So far I think Asmus is doing fine. Witch King was pretty awesome. The body sucked but everything else was pretty great. Besides, I paid $150 for mine. I lucked out with the body too. I think most people were happy with the Witch King. Plus, I keep hearing excitement and anticipation for future figures from them.Gothmog looks great and Gandalf looks good too. The likeness is off but its no more off than some of these HT and Rain man figures.

Ok, now what was your issue with the Pets? They look simply excellent. Its not what I would have expected for a first release but they're not THAT weird. They are THE iconic zombies from WD from way back in the comics.

If something can't hang with the rest of my collection in terms of quality than I don't need it because I don't have room for it. There's too much great stuff out thre

I think they stand to do okay with the creatures, the armless zombies looked okay but the problem was it was a stupid first release from something that had an appearance in two episodes. If anything the zombie girl with the Teddy it bycicle girl would have been a better first choice just because it was from the pilot and is more iconic, but still a weak choice, even merel as the next release is super questionable you start an official walkimg dead line with armless zombies that went with Michone in two episodes and Merle? wTF?

The reworked sculpt for gandalf fixed the beard only but the likeness is still lacking and all if their final heads have dated looking paint and are plasticy looking.

I'm not bashing companies for the sake of bashing, there's a lot of underdog small companies who are managing to turn out top notch product, blitzway is one of them.

As for the LOTR lisence sitting there, well it's true and traditionally the statues seem to do better for that line but there's never been kick as versions if those characters in 1/6 either, sideshows are not that. Maybe LOTR is not popular in Asia.

Respectfully, I'd never tell anyone what not to buy and that they shouldn't like something, or that they're wrong for liking anything, if anything it's good to see there is a market for properties I like and everyone's free to buy what they like. I'll speak personally, I have over 150 1/6 figures and nothing in there I feel is simply "good enough" and of it is or if I feel it's dated or if a better version comes off it gets sold, I most certainly am looking for something close to pefection.

I really would like to have one or two GOT and more than a few LOTR in my collection, which is why I'm frustrated when the product that is offered is not as high calibre as the rest of my 1/6 collection.

Back