ThreeZero Game of Thrones Tyrion Lannister review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those hands are terrible. I am still looking forward to mine but it really doesn't make sense for them to not realize how bad they are. I hope future figures are better.

I get that Tyrion does have ugly hands, you can see them in the show. However those hands look far too rough. You can even see the seam lines on the fingers. I can't figure out why Threezero left them like that.

I don't think we will see another Tyrion anytime soon though. Yes, they have had to create the body specifically for him, however there are so many other characters from the show still to make. If another Tyrion is to be made, I imagine it will be several years down the line. The show could quite possibly be finished by then.

If there's another Tyrion I really doubt it will be in "several years down the line", I'd be surprised if we don't see a Battle Of The Blackwater Tyrion in more than a year.

I really like the figure and don't regret getting it directly from threezero, the hands could be A LOT better but overall I'm satisfied with the reviews and pics I've seen so far. Now the wait continues.

How can you guys overlook the hands! It's crutial. It's not like you can dig into your ht bin and bring out another set of hands for him there's nothing like them on the market as he's really the only dwarf ever created.

Those hands are as michael said best in his review, completely amature

The price argument is retarded also. It's a "bargain" to spend over one hundred bucks on this but I'm not willing to spend 150 if it meant getting all the things that are wrong with it right? So you have something that's still expensive but not done well? Yeah that makes sense.

Come on guys really...

Because I don't need to spend $800 on a custom figure for every damn character that I like represented in my collection. As Dave said the pics are super blown up and looking at the pics where he will be relatively the same size I can honestly say that they don't bother me much. They totally suck for sure, but not enough to sway my purchase as the rest looks amazing. I've seen plenty of customs that people jump on the bandwagon for which have absolutely the same level of terribleness that these hands do and they pay 4 times more.

So for $120, I'm fine with the figure as is.

800 dollars for hands that look halfway decent? I don't think so. Basic hand sculpts that don't look like crap...That's been a given as something included with every figure for the last decade ranging from 60 dollars to 360 or whatever.

That example makes not a lot of sense...

Just saw Threezero share this review, hopeful that it means they took note of the points you mentioned!

I was saying $800 for an overall figure since you had referenced the $120 price tag of this one. Was I over exaggerating? Maybe a little, but some can certainly be that high.

How can you guys overlook the hands! It's crutial. It's not like you can dig into your ht bin and bring out another set of hands for him there's nothing like them on the market as he's really the only dwarf ever created.

Those hands are as michael said best in his review, completely amature

The price argument is retarded also. It's a "bargain" to spend over one hundred bucks on this but I'm not willing to spend 150 if it meant getting all the things that are wrong with it right? So you have something that's still expensive but not done well? Yeah that makes sense.

Come on guys really...
Are you saying we should skip the figure because of the hands? They suck, but I like more here than not. Besides, im pretty sure on a shelf those tiny hands wont be as obvious. Besides, I thought you didnt even like this show?

If there's another Tyrion I really doubt it will be in "several years down the line", I'd be surprised if we don't see a Battle Of The Blackwater Tyrion in more than a year.

I really like the figure and don't regret getting it directly from threezero, the hands could be A LOT better but overall I'm satisfied with the reviews and pics I've seen so far. Now the wait continues.

Yeah I mean they could basically use the exact same body and head sculpt, they would just need to make a top suit of armor and give him gloved hands and a sword

Tyrion.png

And given his low price point I doubt they would have trouble moving enough units to justify the cost of the armor

Are you saying we should skip the figure because of the hands? They suck, but I like more here than not. Besides, im pretty sure on a shelf those tiny hands wont be as obvious. Besides, I thought you didnt even like this show?

Not saying you or anyone should skip this on account of the hands but given that there are literally no replacement options I wouldn't be surprised if many did on that account. No one can underestimate the importance as the hands it's as important as the outfit or anything else.

I wouldn't go that far saying it's "as" important. Hands for HT are usually an afterthought anyway and I can't count how many times I've made customs and just threw on some spare hands sitting around to semi-complete them or fully complete them if they were in a pose or scene that didn't require attention to the hands much. They definitely weren't as important as the outfit or sculpt.

I honestly don't notice the hands when I look at the figure. The face and clothing overshadow the hands. I've shown the figure to a couple people and they didn't notice the hands until I mentioned them. Not worth passing on the figure IMO if you're a fan of the show.

It's good that ThreeZero shared the review on their official facebook. You know they had to of read it before they shared it so they are hearing us. I'm sure they'll work to improve them.

Got mine today. Beautiful figure. Everything is great, but I gotta chime in and say the hands are definitely the one low point for this figure. The sculpts are OK, but the heavy dark wash only makes them worse. Were they painted like the head, I think they would have been acceptable to most. But they definitely aren't as nicely sculpted as everything else in the set, which is a real shame.

It wouldn't surprise me if we got a couple of Tyrion variants down the line - it would help spread the cost of the body. I don't imagine they'll get much use for it outside of more Tyrions. An armored and scarred version are the two obvious variants at this point I'd think.

In person, the hands aren't going to break you on this figure. They're clunky and below the quality we expect in the sixth scale market, but the LifeSizer photo is there to give you an idea of what he'll look like in hand. I certainly wouldn't pass him up because of the hands alone, and that's why the sculpt score didn't take a huge hit because of them. I do hope ThreeZero is listening though, since I'd like to see them to continue to improve.

The hands really aren't that bad in hand. Sure, if you look at them really closely the paint work is sloppy and the sculpt is poorly finished, but at a passing glance they're fine and the rest of the figure is so good that it makes up for it. If we were paying HT prices for this then yes, they're not good enough, but we're not, and as such they don't detract overly much from a brilliant figure. Just my opinion.

Just got mine today and I am so glad I ordered it (got exclusive, direct). My expectations were kind of low after getting Asmus Gandalf which I paid even more than this for (it was my first over $100 "action figure" that wasn't EB or HT). For $130 I am blown away, they did a GREAT job all around, pinnacle is the head scuplt but the packaging is really cool and the clothing is amazing. I didn't even notice the hands when I got him, the pictures are very deceiving too, they are close up pictures in HD+ of very tiny hands, remember his hands are smaller than normal 1/6 scale, in person they look just fine and no one is going to notice unless they pick him up and closely examine the hands.

Kind of wish I bought two of these. Can't wait for more from the series, please bring more characters that are still alive before dead ones though.

Back