Thread for those who need a break from spending money like me

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The droid from Rogue One? That was an OK character but I'd say pass. Only the most iconic, time-tested characters if you absolutely must go life-size.

actually the droid looks good. i rather have it than say a Darth Maul 1/1 even though Darth Maul is popular. Reminds me of the Iron Giant which looks better as a furniture.

Usually collectibles hold their value pretty well, so its not like money down the drain. My old man probably spent tens of thousands of pounds in his life on cigarettes & alcohol and what did he have to show for it, a knackered liver and a smokers cough.

The problem is finding real estate room to keep them, even keeping them in the box, will take up lots of space, for 1/4 statues, so can you imagine a 1/1 bust or 1/1 statue? Even if you display the item, what are you going to do with that big piece of cardboard coffin?

go for it. an 1/1 full size statue is something rare and you can probably find someone that wants it to sell it to them or maybe some companies or event guys that need some decoration.

From what I've seen over the years, the more niche an item -- and it doesn't get more niche than a very costly life-size collectible from a film the general public no longer cares about/barely recalls -- the harder it is to unload. The general public doesn't care. The much smaller fan demographic thinks it's 'cool' but either can't afford it or doesn't want it.

That leaves a much smaller pool of super-fans, most of whom, if they had the means and really wanted it, already have it. Not to mention the logistics nightmare of shipping something like that.

I'm not saying it's impossible, just more than likely a losing proposition one way or the other.

The thread-starter opened with "I think I have a problem" and in the very same thread is asking for opinions on whether to buy a life-sized item.

So either they're trolling or they have a problem that needs professional attention, not engagement from a forum full of enablers (intentional or otherwise).

From what I've seen over the years, the more niche an item -- and it doesn't get more niche than a very costly life-size collectible from a film the general public no longer cares about/barely recalls -- the harder it is to unload. The general public doesn't care. The much smaller fan demographic thinks it's 'cool' but either can't afford it or doesn't want it.

That leaves a much smaller pool of super-fans, most of whom, if they had the means and really wanted it, already have it. Not to mention the logistics nightmare of shipping something like that.

I'm not saying it's impossible, just more than likely a losing proposition one way or the other.

The thread-starter opened with "I think I have a problem" and in the very same thread is asking for opinions on whether to buy a life-sized item.

So either they're trolling or they have a problem that needs professional attention, not engagement from a forum full of enablers (intentional or otherwise).

these things are so expensive and in limited quantities yes not many people will buy it but the value will go up and eventually someone well off may buy it off you. but transportation maybe an issue so it may be sold once the value exceeds $20k so a millionaire can bring his own truck to bring it home.

these things are so expensive and in limited quantities yes not many people will buy it but the value will go up and eventually someone well off may buy it off you. but transportation maybe an issue so it may be sold once the value exceeds $20k so a millionaire can bring his own truck to bring it home.

Riiiight. You just illustrated why it's a really bad idea if you're hoping to unload it some day.

Ok efx mandalorian helmet bought . Too much crap out there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had to buy the sixth scale beauty and the beast .. maybe I am depressed .. kind of like that latest key and Peele
Episode

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Riiiight. You just illustrated why it's a really bad idea if you're hoping to unload it some day.

well like many high valued items, there is always a demand, but it takes more time to sell it off, just like expensive real estates. but rare things like 1/1 official licensed statues will surely hold it's value and demands.

2088a9213fa7c8548040225d3257f31e

You don't sound happy buying these things, you make it sound like a chore and unpleasant. Like I said, either stealth bragging or got serious underlying problems you should seek help for.

There's literally no point in this thread, if you want to share all of the things you bought there's a thread for recent purchases, if you want people to love how much money you have whilst sounding atrociously bummed out by what you're buying you aren't going to get enforcement here. If it's a problem get some help, if it's not a problem then try to enjoy it??

Here I have been squandering money on licensed Hot Toys with no edition size given when I could have been securing my retirement by instead buying licensed 1/1 pieces. Man do I feel stupid now.

Problem is these are so easy to copy. Hard to tell the real deal from the clone. Beware of scammers on ebay.

Back