Thoughts on PF Luke

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HOLY COW that looks terrible in that video!!!!

Here's two shots (not good quality, but you can see the likeness)

I might have to eat my words, those photo's don't look half bad. I've researched this figure for quite some time because I think it's a great pose but for some reason every pic. I come across is just bad representation I guess. I may have to start considering this one again.

I like it. Here's mine. I don't think the head or the hands are too big. The hands might look too big in photos, but it is probably because they are much closer to the lens.

Luke2-1.jpg

Luke-1.jpg

I like it. Here's mine. I don't think the head or the hands are too big. The hands might look too big in photos, but it is probably because they are much closer to the lens.

Luke2-1.jpg

Luke-1.jpg

I think the biggest problem with that sculpt is the eyes, the nose and mouth are both off as well, but in the pics, the eyes are glaringly wrong.

Not to mention that he looks cross eyed as well.

Yeah, it definitely is far from perfect, but we will probably never get another ANH Luke, and you kind of need him if you are a SW PF collector. Probably doesn't deserve all the hate it gets, as it looks better in person.

Yeah, it definitely is far from perfect, but we will probably never get another ANH Luke, and you kind of need him if you are a SW PF collector. Probably doesn't deserve all the hate it gets, as it looks better in person.

I've never seen it in the flesh, errrr polystone. But yeah, I can imagine that certain sculpts don't photograph as well as others.

HOLY COW that looks terrible in that video!!!!

Here's two shots (not good quality, but you can see the likeness)

Yeah, it must be the video. Shots look much better. Video seems to really oversaturate the paint apps on his face, making him look kinda made-up.

Luke2-1.jpg

Luke-1.jpg

Great pics! But yeah, yours does look cross-eyed there :(

I think the likeness is the best ANH by a long shot.

I loved Jedi Luke when I first saw him, bought him, and still love him. I personally love the pose and have him circling behind my Stormtrooper PF.

Here's all of mine together. I think the New Hope PF holds up well next to the Jedi Luke.

DSCI0399.jpg

I would add my one complaint with the piece is his hands, I don't know, they just look a little wierd. All in all though, I love it.

Here's my kit-bashed ANH Luke which, except for the neck, is made up entirely of Sideshow parts.

picture.php

Easily the thing that looks closest to Mark Hamill in my collection.

I love mine. It's got a paint job that can really look bad in certain lighting. But when you hit it just right with light, it looks terrific. I think it's a great sculpt actually.

Great pics! But yeah, yours does look cross-eyed there :(

I think the likeness is the best ANH by a long shot.

LoL! He's not cross-eyed at all. The reason it looks that way is because there is no light falling on the inner portions of the eyes (near the nose). I had to go and check that for myself after you guys said that.

I also checked his hands. Maybe they are a bit oversized.

And for the guy who says his hands look weird, that's because you haven't straightened his arm down to his side and the other out to the knee. The arms are slightly pose-able.

Here's my kit-bashed ANH Luke which, except for the neck, is made up entirely of Sideshow parts.

picture.php

Easily the thing that looks closest to Mark Hamill in my collection.

Impressive... most impressive. :lol

It looks fantastic! I've thought of doing the same thing myself. Thanks for sharing.

Here's a shot of mine with the custom tunic: no seams on the shoulders/arms as the real one was and white instead of beige.

Impressive... most impressive. :lol

It looks fantastic! I've thought of doing the same thing myself. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks, but I gotta give credit where credit is due. Raymond Ferraro first posted photos of what the Han & Luke sculpts from the SDCC Stormtrooper set looked like in their regular ANH outfits back when the figures were first released at https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54582&page=220. It just took me all this time to do it myself (something about having to undo & reapply those leg wrappings seemed intimidating to me).

Also, let me add that this Luke was put on that first, floppy Prometheus 1.0 body that was so unsuited for Sideshow's first Indiana Jones figure. However, Luke's slighter build & shorter stature looks more accurate on the Pro than any of the Bucks that were used on Sideshow's other Luke figures.

Back