Thoughts on a Premium Format Stormtrooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm interested in a Stormie as well since my focus are Imperials in general and Stormtroopers in particular. A PF Stormie would look cool together with my PF Vader.

I'll be interested as long as it's not all plastic and $325+.

Polystone

Polystone is the common name for Polyethylene, just another plastic. But there are two main types, High and Low Density. High density is used for the figurines. Polystone offers good resistance to moisture, impact, heat, sunlight, cold and has good rigidity. I mean good compared to PVC. Everything here is compared to PVC.

Polystone distorts of about 80 degrees Celsius. It is not that ductile, lighter than water, and can be moulded, machined, and joined together using welding (difficult to glue). It’s a thermoplastic as well, meaning it can be heated and reshaped and cooled. This is easy to mould and rather durable. The higher heat resistance and rigidity also means figurines do not lean or distort, or worse, start degrading in sunlight. But for this added quality, polystone figurines are more expensive than PVC ones and the selection is a lot less.
Unlike PVC which is more ductile, Polystone does BREAK because of the higher rigidity.

And yes, it’s also known as polyethene, the plastic bag. So people who have been fooled by the fancy name, please hang your head in shame.

https://www.riuva.com/?p=301

I'm interested in a Stormie as well since my focus are Imperials in general and Stormtroopers in particular. A PF Stormie would look cool together with my PF Vader.

Polystone

Polystone is the common name for Polyethylene, just another plastic. But there are two main types, High and Low Density. High density is used for the figurines. Polystone offers good resistance to moisture, impact, heat, sunlight, cold and has good rigidity. I mean good compared to PVC. Everything here is compared to PVC.

Polystone distorts of about 80 degrees Celsius. It is not that ductile, lighter than water, and can be moulded, machined, and joined together using welding (difficult to glue). It’s a thermoplastic as well, meaning it can be heated and reshaped and cooled. This is easy to mould and rather durable. The higher heat resistance and rigidity also means figurines do not lean or distort, or worse, start degrading in sunlight. But for this added quality, polystone figurines are more expensive than PVC ones and the selection is a lot less.
Unlike PVC which is more ductile, Polystone does BREAK because of the higher rigidity.

And yes, it’s also known as polyethene, the plastic bag. So people who have been fooled by the fancy name, please hang your head in shame.

https://www.riuva.com/?p=301

This would be the ultimate imperial Duo :emperor

It's been over a year since the last PF was announced from the original trilogy and I think it's time we get another. Stormtrooper, Tusken Raider, Lando, Emperor, the Droids, and of course Chewie but he might never happen--there are still some important classic characters to be done and I would like to see one at SDCC.

With the last two OT characters being Boba Fett and the Scout Trooper, I'm not sure if it's time for a third armored character in a row, but of course if they do give us a Stormtrooper next I will order it.

A PF Stormtrooper would be nice, but since it will be fairly expensive, and I already have the Attakus variant, it can wait, as far as I'm concerned. Some day, yes.

Hell yeah it would be a great announcement. gimme, gimme, gimme. you're right Tom, we're due an OT PF.

I'll even take an ROTJ Luke. :horror

:r2d2line :stormtroo

Droids and a Stormtrooper are my absolute top of the wish list. I'm a wee bit skeptical of a furry chewbacca, but it could be great too if handled correctly.

I'd like to see any kind of Imperial Trooper or Officer. Let's think of an OT Tarkin, really cool if you ask me.

Back