Thought on SS 1/6 Dooku

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
True, he'd look good with Yoda... but the one outfit is too clean, and the other is too jacked up.

Actually Luke's fatigues were totally clean when he first encountered Yoda in his camp and then later during their first meal. So the HT figure should work for either display.

That's one reason "Bespin Fatigues Luke" kind of cracks me up because its usually the label given to a totally clean figure. His clothes were a mess when he finally arrived at Cloud City. :lol

I've been wanting a Dooku since I started getting into the SS 1/6 figures. Why they haven't given us one yet is beyond me. How difficult can it be?? There's really not that much to Dooku other than the lightsaber hilt design.

I'm guessing the new ESB Vader will go well with HT Luke.

Sideshow Dooku, please. I don't want to wait for HT to get around to him, I don't want to pay those prices for him, and based on Sideshow's history with paint apps on old men (plus several of the unmasked Joes, Beachhead and Stalker in particular) I have no concerns that he will look out of place with either the new or old figures.

Peeps only need to look at Old ben,Palpatine,Emperor,Sidious and Gandalf the Grey headsculpts to know that Dooku will be ALL Sideshow.

I don't want to have to swap that Pro body as that just bumps the figure up to HT price and maybe then some, i'd also bet SS will not be able to give us a good Christopher Lee likeness this time around so, i'd happily pay $160-80 for a Hot Toys version.

Why would you think they could not give a good Christopher Lee likeness? While the paint is not HT quality the sculpts almost always are... especially of the older characters :huh

Just look at that Count Dooku PF. If you bought a Hot Toys Odin then you can see why i am leaning more towards Hot Toys for likeness, better tailoring and paint detail and overall better quality product.

If HT are going to give us a EPIII Anakin then i want that same quality/standard moving forward with future human characters.

There are 4 Lords of the Sith. For its own line, its got the fewest figures. They've already made 3 of those 4 with Ventress sneaking in as a bonus 5th character. And there are only so many variants of these 4-5 characters. So they're just spacing them out so they don't just completely wrap up the line. :dunno

But yeah, its time. Give us a Dooku and Tarkin 2 pack! :rock

Just look at that Count Dooku PF. If you bought a Hot Toys Odin then you can see why i am leaning more towards Hot Toys for likeness, better tailoring and paint detail and overall better quality product.

If HT are going to give us a EPIII Anakin then i want that same quality/standard moving forward with future human characters.

Then wait for the HT version. :cuckoo:

Ah right, I actually forgot about that one... that really was an odd looking piece. Still, pretty confident based on their 1/6 record that the likeness will be solid; paint for me is where I'm most concerned.

Back