Those are the droids I'm looking for.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
*impressed whistle*

I was commenting to a friend the other day that it was a good thing I'm not a huge Terminator fan, because the life-sized endoskeleton would be a constant temptation.

Now I'm in real trouble.

Threepeeo is my all time favorite SW character. I showed my wife these and told her what they might cost and she just shook her head lol.

i will say it again....freakin SS loves to sell high-freakin end quality stuff during conventions. :monkey2 I definitely DO NOT Have space for this guys. :crying

IMG_0124.jpg

IMG_0123.jpg

IMG_0122.jpg

IMG_0118.jpg

IMG_0117.jpg

IMG_0115.jpg

R2 looks pretty good.
Wouldn't mind one, but the shipping costs to Australia??!! Too scary to think about.

Might just stick to my kotos....

Scriff

As incredible as it'd be to be able to have these, there's no way in hell I could ever afford it. I'll be sitting back and enjoying the pictures from those lucky enough to get them.

Been following the buzz on several boards about these most of which has been a lot of criticism from those 'in the know'. I was real excited to hear the potential for this even though it's questionable whether I will be able to afford them of not.

But anyway, thought I would pass this tidbit of info along that I found on RPF

The straight poop about Fred B and the Side-Show Droids. These are not the droids you’re looking for…

Talked with Fred at Comic-Con last night, and here is what is going on. SideShow asked Fred to sculpt a brand new R2 and 3PO. No re-cast and absolutely no club parts from either group.

Fred did this, and the folks and side-show took them to Lucasfilm for the OK to sell them. They liked them very much, even George, but realized that these were original art pieces and not “real” in the fan’s eyes.

So, the folks at Lucasfilm are going to give Side-Show and Fred access to the real R2 & 3PO to make “archival” quality droids. Yes, molding is being discussed.

Long-story-short; The figures at the Comic-Con are a teaser. This project is just in the beginning stages and there will be various levels of finish, movement, and price.

Expect the starting price to be around half of what Don Post charged.

BrianM

Here's the link to the original thread C3PO and R2 chatter at RPF

oxbeard said:
But anyway, thought I would pass this tidbit of info along that I found on RPF

Thanks much for the link and the quote. That all sounds like great news! I'm glad to hear the price point will be more...well, I guess reasonable isn't exactly the right word, so I'll just say I'm glad we won't be seeing Don Post prices and leave it at that.

Back