Thor/Jane Foster PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's an amazing looking sculpt, but it's ridiculous how much of a "statue" needs to be assembled these days. That video was comically too long due to the assembly.
Are we seriously complaining about complexity? That's a good thing and adds to the overall appearance.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Are we seriously complaining about complexity? That's a good thing and adds to the overall appearance.

Who said anything about complexity? I simply pointed how much the production of statues have changed over the years. When I started it was the character and a base. Now each arm, the head, capes, gowns, belts, weapons, different parts of the base, etc. etc. need to be put together by the customer. How does so much assembly add to the complexity of a sculpt anyway? Pretty sure the statue was "complex" and probably more detailed long before the manufacturing process began.

It's less stuff that can break during shipping, and probably even helps keeping the box sizes down.

I get that. Despite how it may seem I wasn't "complaining". Just found it amusing how many more appendages and accessories require assembly these days. It used to be just the COH and the obvious complex wings or hair that required assembly. Also wondering when the hobby is going to resemble pre-painted model kits.

It's less stuff that can break during shipping, and probably even helps keeping the box sizes down.
I was shocked by Huntress's box size and it was all because of the staff. Her box is huge in comparison to a PF like Batgirl.

I get that. Despite how it may seem I wasn't "complaining". Just found it amusing how many more appendages and accessories require assembly these days. It used to be just the COH and the obvious complex wings or hair that required assembly. Also wondering when the hobby is going to resemble pre-painted model kits.

Switch out portrait and the exclusive used to be the only parts that needed assembly. I personally like that the statues are coming as "assembly required"; if it helps keep my statue from breaking in transit then I like that. :D

Plus I find it fun to assemble a statue. But that's just me and I'm easily amused. :lol

Assembling also prevents Sideshow from having to replace a whole body cause there is a chip on the finger.

Exactly. Modular design at its best. A defective module can be replaced while the other modules are left alone.

I went through 3 Batman PF's because his left hand had issues with his glove. All I kept thinking was that sideshow must have been kicking themselves in the ass for not making it removable. I'm shocked they didn't tell me to send it back for a refund or suck it up and take a discount.

I went through 3 Batman PF's because his left hand had issues with his glove. All I kept thinking was that sideshow must have been kicking themselves in the ass for not making it removable. I'm shocked they didn't tell me to send it back for a refund or suck it up and take a discount.

Yup ...replacing a whole statue compared to just replacing a left hand. Replacing just the left hand would've made for a brighter day for SSC.

Yikes!

Yeah Sideshow goofed up majorly by not making the left hand detachable.

It's waiting for me to pick up at a UPS customer center, I'll be passing by after work and will be posting pics later today. I can't wait.

Finally got some pics up, the detail on all the engravings on the armor and axe are nuts. Mine came with a missing velcro piece for the belt so she can't actually wear it unfortunately, I'll have to email Sideshow for a replacement.

What's also awesome about this PF is that she looks great even without the "skirt". Beautiful sculpt!

I think I prefer it without the skirt. Without it, you can see all the nice, intricate details of her outfit.

Yup, exactly.

...And we can put on the skirt on her whenever (if ever) we want to. Best of both worlds.

Back