'This is no Cave' Space Slug Enviorama

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seretur

Elf
Reaction score
I know the announcement of two major 12" figures is the big news for tonight, and rightly so, but...

THERE ARE NO WORDS TO DESCRIBE HOW GIDDY, POSITIVELY GIDDY I AM THAT WE'RE GETTING THE SPACE SLUG ENVIORAMA!

:chew :chew :chew :chew :chew :chew :chew :chew :chew :chew

Great Ape said:
Is it for sure 1:6?

1:6? Actually it was said that they would be more like 1:9, at least most of them.

I am optimistic too Vlad, and VERY surprised (as we were told we would be) --- NOT from ANH?! :horror

This piece is likely to be like 1/200 or smaller, it'll probably be the size of the Ani-Obi dio, but that size compared to how big the slug in the movie was, 1/6 would be well over like 10 feet long for the slug.

Cool idea for sure. Doubt I will get this though just because of money and all that jazz.

jlcmsu said:
Cool idea for sure. Doubt I will get this though just because of money and all that jazz.

I'm with you there Josh, it'll be kickass for sure, and I know I'll want it, but I have to plan for more lightsaber duel pieces which mean more to me and save money for them, but I am eager to see how this piece looks.

MaulFan said:
This piece is likely to be like 1/200 or smaller, it'll probably be the size of the Ani-Obi dio, but that size compared to how big the slug in the movie was, 1/6 would be well over like 10 feet long for the slug.

But of course, now if they include the MF - which they will almost HAVE to do, it will be very small.

I don't doubt that this will be cool but I'm not collecting this line. I wonder how much of the Falcon will be included. This is one of those things that could be incredibly great, or incredibly weak.

This is actually quite a bit more up my alley than a lightsaber duel piece. I never seriously considered getting that one, but I might really want this one if it's done right.

LOTRFan said:
But of course, now if they include the MF - which they will almost HAVE to do, it will be very small.

I would say the Falcon would be somewhere between the size of the Micro Machine's Falcon and the Hallmark mini Falcon they put out a few years ago.

This sounds really cool, but I can only afford so much and this just isn't far enough up my alley (so to speak).

But the VIPs were right...I don't think anyone thought of this. We were all so focused on Episode IV.

Sith Lord 0498 said:
This sounds really cool, but I can only afford so much and this just isn't far enough up my alley (so to speak).

But the VIPs were right...I don't think anyone thought of this. We were all so focused on Episode IV.

Even if there wasn't ANH focus, I can't imagine too many people would have expected this particular moment to capture in dio form, Wampa Luke, Vader Luke, Yoda Obi Luke on Dagobah, plenty more memory burnt images from ESB to expect in dio form ahead of this.

Tricked us, they did! In the most awesome way imaginable!

THERE ARE NO WORDS TO DESCRIBE HOW COOL AND UTTERLY UNIQUE THIS WILL BE.

Also, I hope they show the slug... from the outside!

MaulFan said:
I'm with you there Josh, it'll be kickass for sure, and I know I'll want it, but I have to plan for more lightsaber duel pieces which mean more to me and save money for them, but I am eager to see how this piece looks.

Same with me. I'm not saying I won't order it but I'm gonna need to see it first.

MaulFan said:
Even if there wasn't ANH focus, I can't imagine too many people would have expected this particular moment to capture in dio form, Wampa Luke, Vader Luke, Yoda Obi Luke on Dagobah, plenty more memory burnt images from ESB to expect in dio form ahead of this.

I certainly would have (really), not the MOST iconic moment from ESB, but a memorable one --- and really perfect for this kind of collectible.

Maybe with SS's connections to Lorne Peterson, they had him do a little sculpting on the side!? :horror :bow :google

Seretur said:
OH MY SWEET LORD, A COLLECTIBLE SCULPTED BY LORNE PETERSON HIMSELF.

OH.

GOD.

YES.

It would be a must-have, and you know they were courting him around during the last Comic Con. I even got to eat dinner next to him :p . Let's hope it was for more than JUST the "Sculpting" book. :monkey5

This will be very cool, but don't look for something as massive as the Obi v. Ani dio. Think something that you could comfortably carry around all day during the convention...

...in your pocket.

Back